it is possible thief can stealth almost 2 min in WvWvW

in Thief

Posted by: ongky.1745

ongky.1745

i just got thief stealth alomost 2 min in WvWvW Jade Quarry borderland it is normal or not cause only 1 thief and we almost 40 ppl cant find him so we can acquire the supply
can some one explain to me

in Thief

Posted by: Dreleth.3647

Dreleth.3647

I don’t…understand.

A thief was denying you from capping a supply camp?

A thief can chain stealth for quite some time, but when he’s stealthed he can’t stop the capturing of the point unless he’s visible. He might have been hiding behind something to stop the camp from being captured.

It could have been the rendering issue in WvW with stealthed units, where they don’t show up until a small time.

I really don’t understand what you mean though. Please go back and try to be more clear so people can understand.

in Thief

Posted by: Tremain.4623

Tremain.4623

I wish i knew how other thieves can “chain stealth”, when i stealth it puts a debuff on me that doesn’t let me stealth again for several seconds.

in Thief

Posted by: Fryman.6934

Fryman.6934

I wish i knew how other thieves can “chain stealth”, when i stealth it puts a debuff on me that doesn’t let me stealth again for several seconds.

I think the debuff only applies when you exit stealth. You can stay stealthed for awhile if you don’t attack or exit stealth but you can’t stealth for 2 mins in this game. Unless there’s something I don’t know.

in Thief

Posted by: Thadren Calder.1397

Thadren Calder.1397

Debuff applies if you “attack” while stealthed. If they don’t attack they can chain as many stealth’s that they have, which is upwards of 5 if they use the trap and have the stolen stealth item. Not to mention shadow refuge’s duration.

in Thief

Posted by: Aeden.5896

Aeden.5896

Stealth basics:

- The revealed debuff is only applied if you attack when stealthed.
- Stealth stacks duration (to a maximum of around 24 secs), if you use “Hide in the Shadows” and “Blinding Powder” at the same time (for example), you’ll see that the duration of your stealth condition has stacked.
- Smoke fields combo with blasts for AoE stealth.

Natural consequences:

- By not attacking in stealth, you can always avoid the 3 second revealed debuff.
- Look at your traits, utilities and weapon skills. You’ll figure out how to remain stealthed indefinitely as long as you never attack while stealthed.

in Thief

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

If you have the traits to regen init faster in stealth and +1 second of stealth you can time Cloak and Dagger to chain stealth for as long as you want. You just have to make sure your C&D lands just after you naturally un-stealth.

If someone is doing this, they have to hit someone or something over and over.

in Thief

Posted by: Dreleth.3647

Dreleth.3647

@Aeden

Leap finishers also grant stealth in smoke fields.

With 20 points in the Shadow Arts trait line, you can chain CnD without losing any initiative at all (time next CnD cast time with stealth duration to hit the enemy with CnD right when stealth wears off to gain stealth again). With this, CnD only costs 4 ini and during the entire stealth duration, you will gain your ini back. You can do this also with backstabbing right when stealth ends to not gain the revealed debuff, and instantly re-stealth. Not sure if the 100% crit still remains if you do this (Hidden Killer trait), I’ll have to check into that.

Darn Stiv posted before me :<

in Thief

Posted by: ongky.1745

ongky.1745

I don’t…understand.

A thief was denying you from capping a supply camp?

A thief can chain stealth for quite some time, but when he’s stealthed he can’t stop the capturing of the point unless he’s visible. He might have been hiding behind something to stop the camp from being captured.

It could have been the rendering issue in WvW with stealthed units, where they don’t show up until a small time.

I really don’t understand what you mean though. Please go back and try to be more clear so people can understand.

yes he keep denying us for capping supply camp. and the fact he stealthing while denying us.
and im sure he’s not behind something object cause i can see he skill around of me

in Thief

Posted by: Paranoid.9542

Paranoid.9542

It’s true, you can deny a supply camp/keep/castle while stealthed, however it isn’t 2 minutes of perminent stealth. you can get maybe 20 secs tops with all utils/heal then it’s just chaining cloak and dagger over and over again. Meaning you get stealth for 3 secs then you’re revealed for 3 secs.

I’d say he just kept popping random players/pets with cloak and dagger and ran for a while.

A tip for these situations, when you see a big red circle with a black/grey house over it, the thief just popped shadow refuge. Put all your AoE over that circle because 95% chance he’s inside of it.

in Thief

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Thadren Calder.1397 is right except for one thing. You can attack just as stealth runs out if that attack is C & D guess what you just chained a stealth. I am not going to lie the timing is stupid hard but I do it regularly worst case I am visible for half a second.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Thief

Posted by: Paranoid.9542

Paranoid.9542

Huh, well there you go. Learned something new, aye.

That should probably change then.

(edited by Paranoid.9542)

in Thief

Posted by: Quack.3705

Quack.3705

With traits you can get about 14 seconds of stealth out of Shadow Refuge.
4 seconds each from Blinding Powder and Hide in Shadows.
By placing a Smoke Screen and Heart Seeking back and forth through it you can gain about 17 seconds of stealth (on a 30s cd no less).
By using Dagger-Pistol you can use Black Powder and HS through it 3 times before the smoke field disappears giving you a total of about 9-10 seconds stealth.
(the last two ways to get stealth of course means you will be be visible for about a second before you do the first HS but if the render bug kicks in the enemy probably won’t see you at all)

So yeah 2 minutes without breaking stealth once or twice for a second each might not be possible but staying stealthed 99% of the time for as long as you want shouldn’t be too much of a problem.

in Thief

Posted by: Kitono.9152

Kitono.9152

There are ways to counter the strategy so no need to make changes.

Nighthound – Thief