latest "buffs" for dagger thiefs

in Thief

Posted by: Skeletor.9360

Skeletor.9360

I have to say the latest “buffs” to the dagger thief proves without a shadow of a doubt that the person in charge of this area is out of touch with how the class is meant to be played.

The buffs only give you damage bonuses if you are out of stealth.
if you are out of stealth you are taking damage…full…larger than any other class damage.

Some people say they were not expecting a damage buff, but I think they just are used to being nerfed. The dagger thief needs a huge buff to damage. We need to return to what we used to be. Kings of spike damage.

Now as a full berzerker and power signet equipped and 25 stacks of power and food etc I get a max of 12K damage. This is laughable.

I have been hit for 19K damage from heavy armor wearing classes by a huge distance closing leap . They didn’t even need to use a prep skill to do that. So lets compare how much better that is:

That class has 18K in HP’s easy.
It has heavy armor which further reduces damage.
It has the same distance closing ability.
It also gets immunities and blocks…none of which a thief has.

So in a battle… I move in and need to do a skill that first stealths me. Then I get to position myself behind the target. Then I hit him for say 9 K because his armor reduces damage. In percentage I just hit him for 50% of his health. yes I can now follow it by white damage, but only maybe 2 hits before I die.

Conversely the heavy artmor wearer..select me and hits a single button. He flies towards me and hits me for 18K damage (which is 7K more than I have.) I have no counters to the jump, or the damage. I am just dead. But say he did just 9K damage. That leaves me with 2K which one of his auto-attacks does and I am dead again. Say he rolls a real dud and does only 5K damage. That leaves me with 6K health. Now he just goes invuln and hits me twice or three times more.

Do you see a problem here?

Do thieves need a damage buff? Oh yeah…or everyone else needs a damage nerf. If we were to compare the damage and equalize them, then a thief should backstab for 20ish K. Of course that is based on the very much OP power of this other class. Would people be screaming bloody murder? You bet…yet the new classes are all similarly over powered in both damage and crowd control.

I am a realist however and don’t expect dagger thief ever to be viable again as I have little faith after this change you even understand how the thief class works.

in Thief

Posted by: Drayos.8759

Drayos.8759

i’ve never seen a 19k hit in SPVP…. also while we on that

are you seriously trying to say Thiefs are useless because they cant one shot players?… do u have any idea how BROKEN the idea of one shotting rly is?