learning sword/dagger

learning sword/dagger

in Thief

Posted by: jonwar.4186

jonwar.4186

somewhat bored of pistol daggger- dagger pistol so I would like to give this weapon set a good honest chance but not really sure of the over all play style behind it. I understand its tanky, isnt designed for burst damage, is centered around boons, evading, etc.

without writing a novel here, how did you sword dagger users learn how to play it effectively? what is your gear, toughness, damage, sigils? I play nothing but world verses world..

Sword Dagger Thief
Ferguson’s Crossing [MAIN]

learning sword/dagger

in Thief

Posted by: Coloxeus.3480

Coloxeus.3480

jumper’s Double S/D this explains everything. http://intothemists.com/guides/250-sd_the_flanking_acrobat#comments

learning sword/dagger

in Thief

Posted by: Caom.9251

Caom.9251

I’m gonna sound pessimistic again but Anet has confirmed that they are going to nerf S/D.

Just a word of warning, don’t get too comfy.

learning sword/dagger

in Thief

Posted by: TheZeus.8617

TheZeus.8617

Yeah b/c people cry to much about sword dagger thiefs.. Played well we are unstopable.. even after nerf we still will be… People cant handle it is all it boils down to. O well NERF it anet like you always do I am ready for it… Listen to the QQ when you said you wouldn’t!

Athena War Goddess
[TWIN] Anvil Rock

learning sword/dagger

in Thief

Posted by: Lanny.6987

Lanny.6987

Can you provide a link to this statement? Before last patch folks were saying it was going to be nerfed as well.

I’m gonna sound pessimistic again but Anet has confirmed that they are going to nerf S/D.

learning sword/dagger

in Thief

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

Can you provide a link to this statement? Before last patch folks were saying it was going to be nerfed as well.

They mentioned it in the recent SotG. Jon talked about either bring down damage / boons stolen or make it more initiative heavy.

learning sword/dagger

in Thief

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

If I recall correctly, S/D was originally nerfed hard as collateral damage when they were trying to nerf BS builds. Then it was buffed so that it was more viable.

Why is it getting nerfed again?

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

learning sword/dagger

in Thief

Posted by: AshinDreidon.3861

AshinDreidon.3861

Hello I copied my post from the other s/d thread:

I ran s/d d/p combo in WvW for a very long time. I’ve recently switched to either s/p d/p like Incurafy or sometimes I use s/d d/d.

I run with the gear set up that wish outlined in his ‘building a better d/d’ thread and I love it! It’s an optimized mix of zerk/soldiers.

I found that d/p and s/d pair extremely well together, especially considering that tactical strike doesn’t have it’s daze duration reduced in wvw. This means that with a sigil of paralyzation on the sword you can match dazed and revealed very well. Between these two sets you have utility to deal with any number of situations. I run 10/30/30 with this setup. Like I said, since tactical strike has a higher daze duration, you actually benefit from CnD?Tact Strike and can use that in addition to #3 on the set. I run with DS: III, CS: III, VI, XI (or XII sometimes) and SA: IV, VI, XI.

For utils, I use Withdraw or Heal in Shadows depending, Shadow Step, Shadow Refuge, and either Blinding Powder or Sig of Agility. Basilisk as elite.

When I want to take a camp, I unequip the dagger offhand from sword and use s/p and switch to sig of malice and daggerstorm. If you pull right you can take the camp in around 30 seconds.

shadow, magus, hunter (progress: ritualist, paragon)
soloQing my way through leagues…

learning sword/dagger

in Thief

Posted by: AshinDreidon.3861

AshinDreidon.3861

In addition to what I just wrote: I play the s/d build differently in WvW than I would in spvp due to tactical strike having it’s full daze duration. In spvp, I play with a more evade style, such as jumper’s build. In wvw, I find that you benefit from also using the CnD→Tact Strike combo, so I run the typical 10/30/30 set up for this as opposed to the 30 Acro double s/d Signet of Agility build

shadow, magus, hunter (progress: ritualist, paragon)
soloQing my way through leagues…