make d/d great again

make d/d great again

in Thief

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

remove the back stab cool down … this was a bad change for so many reasons

and in the end all it does is handicap d/d and increases the importance of using d/p for the added stealth. I mean d/p is so superior compared to d/d and this change only enforces that. come on how are u going to turn down d/p u even get the added benefit of using primordial impact to its fullest.

if this change was made because thieves where breaking aegis and where still in stealth all they had to do was make breaking aegis reveal u.

if this change was made because they though it would increase the skill ceiling well it doesn’t…. basically they might as well have just added a trait that says thief has a 25% chance to miss and will be left a sitting duck in stealth and forced to use initiative if they want to break stealth.

no matter what way u look at it is simply bad design to get locked out of your auto attack for missing a attack… missing that attack destroys skill rotation, if u are forced to break stealth using initiative you are now SOL and in the hole low on initiative

this nerf is nothing but a dog and pony show forcing u to jump through hoops for no reason ..and at the end of the day all it does is say use d/p or say forget it and go sword better yet forget power go condi

(edited by caveman.5840)

make d/d great again

in Thief

Posted by: Sanadar.8327

Sanadar.8327

Buffing d/d would mean buffing d/p unless u buff something like c&d which it would be the wise move, make it unblockable or make it to steal 1 boon, i do fine with d/d power most of the time (unless fighting d/p bound with pi) but for sure d/d needs some love d/p has been on top since launch it is time to change the meta.

The other day some dude whisper me saying d/p was one if not the most underpower weapon set we have when i asked to explain how he just block me, mind u he was playing d/p with bound and pi he was resetting the fight every time he was under 40% hp and i just stood there watching how he reset it every time with my d/d and shortbow build, how is that fair? no idea but anet seems to like buffing already op thing (looking at u SoJ)

make d/d great again

in Thief

caveman.5840

i am not really saying to buff anything i think the back stab cool down was a poorly thought out idea that anet ran with it to satisfy the people who where complaining about thief at the time..

removing the cooldown would not really buff anything just remove a unnecessary punishment that in the end really only hurts d/d … because well d/p can just re-stealth if they miss .. who needs stealth if u run sword …. and to makes things simple who cares about any of the above if u run condi ..

if there goal was to just nerf d/d by adding a cool down for missing a back stab than they hit it out of the park because this nerf really only affects the game play of d/d none of the other weapon sets are affected by this change nearly as badly… but for some reason i highly doubt that was there soul intension. I think they tried to increase the skill ceiling like people where asking for but this really was not thought out and in the end just affects d/d

(edited by caveman.5840)

make d/d great again

in Thief

Posted by: CreedOfGod.9764

CreedOfGod.9764

I kind of understand their reasons for nerfing it, but would still like to see the CD removed or reduced to like .5 seconds instead of 1. However, as you get better, you’ll start to adapt and use backstabs more precisely.

But the overall solution is still to change offhand dagger in such a way that it allows it to compete with d/p without making d/p stronger in the process. I main d/d and have played plenty of d/p as well, and can say the CD does not just affect d/d backstab builds.

Personally I think the secret is in deathblossom because it’s a unique skill to the d/d set, and it’s trash so no one will be upset if it changes. It can be used as an extra evade frame but since it locks you in an animation, anyone who pays attention to the timing can cc you down as soon as your feet hit the ground.

I made a suggestion to change deathblossom to this:

new death blossom: normal skill activation is a front flip and evadeframe.

Dancing dagger: throw a bouncing dagger to damage and cripple foes. Marks first target hit for 3 seconds.

If death blossom is used while targeting a marked enemy, shadowstep, daze and damage enemy. consumes mark. unblockable.

~Ghost Ren~
Stay Low. Move Fast. Kill First. Die Last.

(edited by CreedOfGod.9764)

make d/d great again

in Thief

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

Did we ever get an official response on why this change was made?

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

make d/d great again

in Thief

caveman.5840

don’t get me wrong I have been playing d/d for a long time and I can land them pretty frequently .. but what happens when u miss is just ridiculous ..

I mean d/d was already a build u needed to play pretty precisely you pretty much only get 2 chances to stick to your target c/d+steal and c/d + infiltrators signet, its not like d/p where u have shadow shot on hand lol.
.5 seconds would help but I think this change is just unassay it is trying to increase the skill ceiling where it is not needed.

as for deathblossom people have been asking for that to be changed sense the beginning of time ….I am at a loss of words for that one

(edited by caveman.5840)