mesmer own thieves now?

mesmer own thieves now?

in Thief

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

with the new shield and well skills, as well as alacrity, mesmers are more than equipped to deal thieves a fatal blow and reverse the age-long sentiment that thieves counter mesmer

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

mesmer own thieves now?

in Thief

Posted by: kaikalii.4198

kaikalii.4198

I’m not particularly worried. While the new mesmer stuff is certainly interesting and probably strong, every class is getting a buff, and we haven’t seen what the thief specialization is yet.

Kaliiii (Thief) – SoS

mesmer own thieves now?

in Thief

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

I’m not particularly worried. While the new mesmer stuff is certainly interesting and probably strong, every class is getting a buff, and we haven’t seen what the thief specialization is yet.

thief specialization will get the revealed buff for 60 secs and endurance regen lowered!

[SA]

mesmer own thieves now?

in Thief

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

Thief really doesn’t need to worry at all when their new OP Shadow Art line comes live. Mesmer would never be able to kill you anyway.

But you do have to worry about double Moa form after the patch :P

mesmer own thieves now?

in Thief

Posted by: MrKahwk.9524

MrKahwk.9524

Thief really doesn’t need to worry at all when their new OP Shadow Art line comes live. Mesmer would never be able to kill you anyway.

This is very true and also the fact that condition teef will be even stronger soon will hurt the condi weak mesmer greatly ^^

mesmer own thieves now?

in Thief

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

In a legit 1v1 a mesmer has a very good chance to win. The age old thief counters mesmer comes from the thief focusing the mesmer in X v X battles. The current meta mesmer builds can’t deal with that.

Yet 1v1 it comes down to individual player skill more so than the mesmer community will let on.

Same thing with rangers as well. Rangers in today’s game should not be losing to thieves 1v1. When that happens it’s due to the ranger player being either extremely horrible or really stupid build.

mesmer own thieves now?

in Thief

EremiteAngel.9765

i can see the meta in pvp, tanky mesmer holding point with wells.
no thief will get that point easily

mesmer own thieves now?

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

i can see the meta in pvp, tanky mesmer holding point with wells.
no thief will get that point easily

I wasn’t going to respond in the thread in the mesmer forum but since you came here I will say :“Watch us…especially in TDM and SH”, I can’t remember last time I got hit by necro wells.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)

mesmer own thieves now?

in Thief

EremiteAngel.9765

whats TDM and SH?

mesmer own thieves now?

in Thief

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

thief specialization will get the revealed buff for 60 secs and endurance regen lowered!

Lies and scandals….

mesmer own thieves now?

in Thief

Posted by: LethalConcept.4593

LethalConcept.4593

whats TDM and SH?

team death match and stronghold

mesmer own thieves now?

in Thief

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

In a legit 1v1 a mesmer has a very good chance to win. The age old thief counters mesmer comes from the thief focusing the mesmer in X v X battles. The current meta mesmer builds can’t deal with that.

Yet 1v1 it comes down to individual player skill more so than the mesmer community will let on.

Same thing with rangers as well. Rangers in today’s game should not be losing to thieves 1v1. When that happens it’s due to the ranger player being either extremely horrible or really stupid build.

This is wrong. Mesmer cannot win vs a decent thief unless on very specific points (mine on forerst). It does not matter if it is 1v1, XvX, whatever. This is mainly because the thief can go in and out and exhaust cooldowns like there’s no tomorrow. This is especilially true for SD thief. In terms of ranger vs thief, SD thif wins hands down, if there is any line of sight at all. Only d/p struggles vs ranger.

Concerning after the patch, sure mesmer is getting nice buffs, but i promise you, thieves will still own them. Actually, probably even harder than before due to the incredible thief buffs.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

mesmer own thieves now?

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

This is wrong. Mesmer cannot win vs a decent thief unless on very specific points (mine on forerst). It does not matter if it is 1v1, XvX, whatever. This is mainly because the thief can go in and out and exhaust cooldowns like there’s no tomorrow. This is especilially true for SD thief. In terms of ranger vs thief, SD thif wins hands down, if there is any line of sight at all. Only d/p struggles vs ranger.

Concerning after the patch, sure mesmer is getting nice buffs, but i promise you, thieves will still own them. Actually, probably even harder than before due to the incredible thief buffs.

Can we at least make sure we mention it’s vs meta power shatter mesmer only??

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

mesmer own thieves now?

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

This is very true and also the fact that condition teef will be even stronger soon will hurt the condi weak mesmer greatly ^^

Great, so we’re being pushed into playing condi stealth thief just to deal with them :/

The amount of effects they can get on interruption is going to be insane if these changes go live, I’m worried to even know what changes their skills will be receiving. Bottom line, thieves will have to always be high alert for a lurking Mesmer.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

mesmer own thieves now?

in Thief

T raw.4658

So your example is only on a point where there is LoS abuse…..

What happens if there is no LoS tactics available?

What happens with DP panic strike thieves?

Claiming thieves dominate 1 mesmer build with their one SD build isn’t a legit reason for people to call that match up a hard counter.

mesmer own thieves now?

in Thief

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Claiming thieves dominate 1 mesmer build with their one SD build isn’t a legit reason for people to call that match up a hard counter.

Well, for a long time, this is the most common thief build against the most common mesmer build. And power shatter is still the best mesmer PvP build

Mesmer sure has more chance 1v1 against a DP but statistically it is still to mesmer’s disadvantage. The DP has the initiative and it is up to the mesmer to guess. In addition to that, thief can most of the time reset the fight if it goes south.

mesmer own thieves now?

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Panic Strike + Executioner + all the crit stats from CS without investing + SoH + 2 Basi Charges + free investment in to all of SA . From my perspective, it seems like more than enough to whittle down the safeguards Mesmers can get now. The matchup is definitely much closer than before, but it’s not like we suddenly lose.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

mesmer own thieves now?

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Too early to tell, our elite spec hasn’t been revealed and the trait changes haven’t been finalized.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

mesmer own thieves now?

in Thief

T raw.4658

Well, for a long time, this is the most common thief build against the most common mesmer build. And power shatter is still the best mesmer PvP build

Mesmer sure has more chance 1v1 against a DP but statistically it is still to mesmer’s disadvantage. The DP has the initiative and it is up to the mesmer to guess. In addition to that, thief can most of the time reset the fight if it goes south.

Funny thing is PvP doesn’t utilize SA so in a duel double range shatter win percentage is closer to 50/50 then you’re willing to admit

mesmer own thieves now?

in Thief

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Funny thing is PvP doesn’t utilize SA so in a duel double range shatter win percentage is closer to 50/50 then you’re willing to admit

You can still easily reset with a shadow refuge and it is next to impossible for mesmer to guess timing of the next action. Also There is no actual duel in PvP. The reality is if thief gets a good opening, the result is a dead mesmer. And if mesmer gets a good opening, thief easily escapes and will use his mobility for something else.

I think that is a hard enough counter.

mesmer own thieves now?

in Thief

Posted by: Nephrite.6954

Nephrite.6954

… Wow you people… stop stating things with prejudice for once will you?==

mesmer own thieves now?

in Thief

T raw.4658

You can still easily reset with a shadow refuge and it is next to impossible for mesmer to guess timing of the next action. Also There is no actual duel in PvP. The reality is if thief gets a good opening, the result is a dead mesmer. And if mesmer gets a good opening, thief easily escapes and will use his mobility for something else.

I think that is a hard enough counter.

So basically mesmer dies when not paying attention. When you do pay attention thief just runs away.

So pay attention and you’ll win the point.

Also SR does a pseudo reset yes but it’s not like mesmers GS doesn’t have a push or anything…..

mesmer own thieves now?

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

with the new shield and well skills, as well as alacrity, mesmers are more than equipped to deal thieves a fatal blow and reverse the age-long sentiment that thieves counter mesmer

Their new weapon skills are flashy, but they lose the ability to produce clone. Compare to other weapon skills, there’s at least one clone producing skill.

Due to this, I highly doubt Mesmer will use Shield in PvP…this is more like a PvE/WvW spec.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

mesmer own thieves now?

in Thief

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

… Wow you people… stop stating things with prejudice for once will you?==

Excuse me sir, this is the GW forum. rule one is every class you do not play is OP.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

mesmer own thieves now?

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Their new weapon skills are flashy, but they lose the ability to produce clone.

No, they don’t. One of the Shield skills is a block that produces a Phantasm that causes Slow to enemies and Alacrity to allies. There’s even a little chain part of the skill that allows you to do another block.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

mesmer own thieves now?

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Their new weapon skills are flashy, but they lose the ability to produce clone.

No, they don’t. One of the Shield skills is a block that produces a Phantasm that causes Slow to enemies and Alacrity to allies. There’s even a little chain part of the skill that allows you to do another block.

I agree with you, however, when I said “produce” I meant that the Mesmer actually produce the clone, not an effect from a block or when the skill ends. I’m sorry for not being clear.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

mesmer own thieves now?

in Thief

Posted by: Vallun.2071

Vallun.2071

until thiefs new specializations come out, those will also counter mesmer

mesmer own thieves now?

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

until thiefs new specializations come out, those will also counter mesmer

Right? New trait was hinted at called Helseth’s Demise. It’ll probably show up in the new spec.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief