new changes to thief

new changes to thief

in Thief

Posted by: axi.2148

axi.2148

These new changes to thiefs traits in shadow arts are so kittened… these grandmasters are now in shadowarts:

1.blind nearby foes when you gain stealth.
2. regenerate health and gain initiative while in stealt.

I mean, who would pick the blind trait before the heal and initiative trait, i just think its so unbalanced, everybody will pick the same trait… Do you guys agree?

new changes to thief

in Thief

Posted by: Terissimo.6852

Terissimo.6852

RIP d/d wvw teefz ;(

new changes to thief

in Thief

axi.2148

yes, thats what i mean, those traits combined made d/d possible… now you have to lose one of them, so bad

new changes to thief

in Thief

Terissimo.6852

They killed d/d on pvp months ago by making reveal 4s and now they r killing it on wvw as well. Im sad :C

new changes to thief

in Thief

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

If that make to the exp, it’ll really kill D/D thief.

[HUE]

new changes to thief

in Thief

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

All hail the new condi S/D acro/trickery/deadly arts trap trickster teef.

new changes to thief

in Thief

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

We lose that blind, but automatically get 50% dmg reduction in stealth which could make up for it pretty easily.

new changes to thief

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Don’t worry guys, the revenant is coming.

(Waiting on thief notes from dulfy over on reddit.)

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

new changes to thief

in Thief

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

Is the blind on stealth really that important for D/D?
Don’t forget that you now have the 50% damage reduction in stealth as a minor trait in SA.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

new changes to thief

in Thief

Terissimo.6852

Don’t forget that you now have the 50% damage reduction in stealth as a minor trait in SA.

50% will be nerfed to 20% i guess. Yes its very important. Its like d/p without blinds and s/d without dodges.

new changes to thief

in Thief

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

Traps and poison should be interesting fun changes. Wonder if we can stack both poison and bleed effectively.

new changes to thief

in Thief

axi.2148

it is important, and it is a fun trait to use aswell

new changes to thief

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Last Refuge still exists :/

EDIT: Yet they removed Infusion

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

(edited by Sir Vincent III.1286)

new changes to thief

in Thief

Posted by: Odyssey.2613

Odyssey.2613

Last Refuge still exists :/

EDIT: Yet they removed Infusion

HAHAHahahahah!

Slumps down in the corner sobbing and screams

The dev team has proven they can’t balance a 2×4 on a cinder block.

new changes to thief

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

Wait does this mean i will gain regen + initative + blind target or are you saying these are 2 different traits. ?

new changes to thief

in Thief

Posted by: godz raiden.2631

godz raiden.2631

Wait does this mean i will gain regen + initative + blind target or are you saying these are 2 different traits. ?

Health regen + initiative regen are included in the same trait now. Blind when entering stealth is a separate trait still, but also a grandmaster, so you can’t have the benefit of both traits.

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

new changes to thief

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

WTH Opportunist and Hidden Assassin are gone too. >:(

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

new changes to thief

in Thief

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

wauw. acrobatics looks so delicious

new changes to thief

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

both traits sound dumb to be honest. regen + initative it as a major at most
blind on stealth is again a major at most…. both are not worth grand master rather see anet fix thief dmg over there utility

new changes to thief

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

For me every trait will be too much OP, I prefer to have healing on stealth completely removed

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

new changes to thief

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

wauw. acrobatics looks so delicious

I agree. This is the only trait line that actually have gotten a lot of improvements.

The other traits are so far disappointing.

EDIT: Swindlers’ + Don’t Stop = perma evade S/D >.<’

(edited by Sir Vincent III.1286)

new changes to thief

in Thief

Odyssey.2613

I disagree, I think Acro looks dead on arrival.

new changes to thief

in Thief

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

Can you explain how please?

Kash
NSP

new changes to thief

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

I don’t know about DoA but the change on Hard to Catch is a big plus to what we have now — it’s actual a stun break — imagine that.

Guarded Initiation is practically a condition removal on Steal (with Mug).

The only one that bugs me is Feline Grace.

new changes to thief

in Thief

Posted by: laquito.5269

laquito.5269

I dunno about you guys, but D/P Panic Strike looks so ridiculously strong on paper now. All the current benefits plus Stealth + Blind on Steal + more ini + Health regen. Guess D/P vs S/D will be even more one sided. kitten’s comedy

Retired GW2 Player

new changes to thief

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

I dunno about you guys, but D/P Panic Strike looks so ridiculously strong on paper now. All the current benefits plus Stealth + Blind on Steal + more ini + Health regen. Guess D/P vs S/D will be even more one sided. kitten’s comedy

You forgot to add + executioner

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

new changes to thief

in Thief

Odyssey.2613

Guarded Intention will only be good once, maybe twice in a fight.

I can envision Hard to catch being procced at the very start of the fight and not kicking in when you need that endurance.

Swindler’s doesn’t look that great. Yeah, so-so for sword but that’s where it ends.

Assassin’s and Quick Pockets is still meh.

Don’t Stop is kind of vague. Depends on what periodically means. I assume it amounts to 1 extra evade every 2-3 seconds for projectiles.

What we needed was some condi cleanse tied to dodging or evading, which we didn’t get.

new changes to thief

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

The absence of Infusion leaves me skeptical.

new changes to thief

in Thief

Posted by: laquito.5269

laquito.5269

You forgot to add + executioner

As of now I’d say that improvisation is the better choice, but they wanted to change every stolen item and take away the damage portion, so it will probably be a straight out nerf, but we’ll see.

The absence of Infusion leaves me skeptical.

Nobody picks infusion of shadows over Shadows Embrace in PvP. It’s already lackluster and only a wvw player would pick it over SE. No offense, but I’m talking about PvP Meta here. :p

The change (nerf) to Feline grace is what bugs me the most. The whole acro tree revolves around damage mitigation through evades, so why are they taking away the strongest trait in the traitline, which kept the traitline alive. I’d rather see it switched with something like Guarded Intention or Pain response.

Retired GW2 Player

(edited by laquito.5269)

new changes to thief

in Thief

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Critical strikes was too powerful, they said. They wanted to balance the other lines, they said. So they moved executioner to deadly arts, and moved panic strike down to master so you could pick up both in one line. Because that didn’t just make deadly arts more powerful... LOL. Although, executioner may become obsolete, with improvisation giving the 10% buff constantly, allowing us to use stolen skills twice, and recharging all of one category of skill with all skills being assigned a category. So I guess moving executioner was actually a damage nerf in anticipation of 6/6/x/x/x(/x).

Damage was also nerfed in acrobatics by the removal of fluid strikes. It’s nice to see the other changes to acrobatics though. While the removal of feline grace might technically be a nerf in terms of overall endurance regeneration, it punishes unintelligent dodging/dodge spammers, and promotes and rewards skillful play which is always a good thing. Swindler’s Equilibrium looks amazing. It could let D/P thieves utilize bountiful theft more often so they can steal more boons, and allow S/D thieves to utilize sleight of hand more so they can interrupt more often (specifically mentioning S/D because they don’t have headshot). I noticed the new stability on attacking from stealth trait got completely removed lol.

Basically our buff is Swindler’s Equilibrium and being able to take acrobatics and trickery both with deadly arts. No major trait/class specific buffs. At least there were minimal nerfs.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

new changes to thief

in Thief

Odyssey.2613

Swindler’s Equilibrium looks amazing. It could let D/P thieves utilize bountiful theft more often so they can steal more boons, and allow S/D thieves to utilize sleight of hand more so they can interrupt more often (specifically mentioning S/D because they don’t have headshot).

Reread Swindler’s again.

new changes to thief

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Maybe.

I can envision Hard to catch being procced at the very start of the fight and not kicking in when you need that endurance.

Proc-ing HtC means it just prevented a disable — how is that a bad thing?

Swindler’s doesn’t look that great. Yeah, so-so for sword but that’s where it ends.

Just like Dagger Training is for daggers and Ricochets are for pistols. We never had a trait that benefits Sword wielder before.

Don’t Stop is kind of vague. Depends on what periodically means. I assume it amounts to 1 extra evade every 2-3 seconds for projectiles.

“Periodically” is used due to the internal cooldown of 5s.

What we needed was some condi cleanse tied to dodging or evading, which we didn’t get.

Of course not. That good of a trait is reserved for Warriors.

new changes to thief

in Thief

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

Assassin’s and Quick Pockets is still meh.

I get what you’re saying then, I don’t know about dead on arrival, but I might say that because it looks better for my build. So, I agree it’s kind of slim with some traits still likely to collect dust and it’s going to be a weapon specific trait line I think. I use a sword and I can see myself still traiting for Steal and along with Slight of Hand, that new Swindlers could help me proc Serpents Touch, Mug, Thrill of the Crime, and Bountiful Theft after a couple of dodges at least in WvW. It doesn’t seem like a lot of choice there apart from one build taking into account the synergy with with other trait lines and how much a few swift actions can pump out for yourself and your team.

Kash
NSP

new changes to thief

in Thief

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

Are these the final version?
Or will they be tweaking them some more?

new changes to thief

in Thief

Posted by: BlueDragon.7054

BlueDragon.7054

Maybe.

Proc-ing HtC means it just prevented a disable — how is that a bad thing?

Just like Dagger Training is for daggers and Ricochets are for pistols. We never had a trait that benefits Sword wielder before.

“Periodically” is used due to the internal cooldown of 5s.

Of course not. That good of a trait is reserved for Warriors.

I think that when they hinted about a trait that will remove a condition on dodge, it was for thief specialization, but who knows, only time will tell us.

new changes to thief

in Thief

Odyssey.2613

I view having 2 fresh evades after burning 2 evades more beneficial than a random stun break. Matter of opinion I guess.

Critical Haste was the swordsman’s trait.

Our specialization will have to do with traps, no doubt.

new changes to thief

in Thief

Impact.2780

Swindler’s Equilibrium looks amazing. It could let D/P thieves utilize bountiful theft more often so they can steal more boons, and allow S/D thieves to utilize sleight of hand more so they can interrupt more often (specifically mentioning S/D because they don’t have headshot).

Reread Swindler’s again.

Oh yeah, S/* only =P. I prefer S/D anyway so my brain remembered it for its positives not the negative.

new changes to thief

in Thief

Posted by: BlueDragon.7054

BlueDragon.7054

I honestly like the changes, there are many builds that look strong for pvp and w vs w now that stats wont be tied to traits.

I think that DA+SA+Trickery or even SA+ Acro + trickery for a more survival build will be very good and may be DA + CS + X for a very bursty character.

DA + Acro + trickery also sounds good. There are more builds that seems good than what we have now.

Probably in PVE it will be DA + CS + trickery

(edited by BlueDragon.7054)

new changes to thief

in Thief

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

Why?

6 0 0 6 6 sounds pretty strong to me basically you get panic strike + exe in exchange for less dodges.

Also more damage in general since u dont miss out on the stats from current DA + CS lines

Loving the changes in general cant wait, lots of stuff to experiment with. If they would ship thief exactly like they showed here i’d be very happy.

new changes to thief

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

I view having 2 fresh evades after burning 2 evades more beneficial than a random stun break. Matter of opinion I guess.

I’m simply comparing the old to the new.

Critical Haste was the swordsman’s trait.

But it’s not specific. You can virtually say, “<put a trait here> was the swordsman’s trait” for any trait.

Our specialization will have to do with traps, no doubt.

If that is the case, then our new weapon will be a rifle.

new changes to thief

in Thief

Odyssey.2613

Did I mention Flanking Strikes looks Gawd Awful!? lol It’s gonna be the cousin of Last Refuge.

Also P/P malice+IP+Ricochet is now dead. RIP. Was fun while it lasted.

new changes to thief

in Thief

Posted by: Starsurfer.7209

Starsurfer.7209

I certainly hope they aren’t. The changes provided so far completely kills the D/D weapon set and it looks like they’ve made Critical Strikes rather inferior to Deadly Arts for anyone not using pistols…

I was optimistic when they first announced trait line changes would be made… Now I’m starting to worry again .

(edited by Starsurfer.7209)

new changes to thief

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Did I mention Flanking Strikes looks Gawd Awful!? lol

Wea ll agree on that. :/

It’s gonna be the cousin of Last Refuge.

I’d prefer Infusion to replace LR.

Also P/P malice+IP+Ricochet is now dead. RIP. Was fun while it lasted.

And rise P/P malice+AR+Ricochet.

new changes to thief

in Thief

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

my current pistol build has ricochet and invigorating precision. those are now both GMs in the same line, meaning that my build no longer functions as i planned it.

– The Baconnaire

new changes to thief

in Thief

Odyssey.2613

I certainly hope they aren’t. The changes provided so far completely kills the D/D weapon set and it looks like they’ve made Critical Strikes rather inferior to Deadly Arts for anyone not using pistols…

I was optimistic when they first announced trait line changes would be made… Now I’m starting to worry again .

Master of Deception got merged with the absolute trash trait Concealed Defeat lol. CD is one that should have been deleted.

new changes to thief

in Thief

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I definitely hate these changes. Just hate them. The early Acrobatics stuff is so essential to how I play,l but absolutely none of the higher Acro traits seem at all useful or interesting. Given the option, I would only put a few points into the tree and spread into a 4th, but of course they’ve taken that option away, because reasons.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

new changes to thief

in Thief

Starsurfer.7209

Master of Deception got merged with the absolute trash trait Concealed Defeat lol. CD is one that should have been deleted.

I couldn’t agree with you more. Frankly, with few exceptions, all of those defeatist traits should not exist, since they essentially count on you being downed. Concealed Defeat was particularly useless. To have Infusion of Shadow removed and keep Concealed Defeat (even though it is now at least slightly more appealing due to the Cooldown reduction to deception skills) is lunacy in and of itself.

But the thing that bothers me even more is how Cloaked in Shadow has been moved to the GM position. What on earth were they thinking? That is in no way shape or form a trait worthy of a Grandmaster slot and D/D’s effectiveness literally hinges on being able to take both Cloaked in Shadow and Shadow Rejuvenation. Putting them both in GM is a MASSIVE nerf to a set that was already lacking love outside of WvW…

It’s a good thing that they made it clear that these are not the final builds. Anyone know if they’re is a specific thread to voice opinions about the changes? Because if they honestly think that D/D thieves are going to be okay with the current changes (especially since the one thing thieves have been begging to have removed for over a year, Last Refuge, is STILL there), they’re sorely mistaken.

new changes to thief

in Thief

Impact.2780

Oh I forgot something I meant to include in my earlier post regarding opportunist and infusion of shadow’s dissapearance. It was briefly mentioned on the stream that the removal of those traits meant they could tweak the baseline initiative regeneration slightly. Whether they will or not, and if so by how much remains to be seen, but they have at least entertained the possibility of compensation for their removal, which is huge for thief. The devs merely considering compensation for this class is practically a buff in itself.

new changes to thief

in Thief

Starsurfer.7209

Oh I forgot something I meant to include in my earlier post regarding opportunist and infusion of shadow’s dissapearance. It was briefly mentioned on the stream that the removal of those traits meant they could tweak the baseline initiative regeneration slightly. Whether they will or not, and if so by how much remains to be seen, but they have at least entertained the possibility of compensation for their removal, which is huge for thief. The devs merely considering compensation for this class is practically a buff in itself.

Well that’s a pleasant thought. A nerf for thieves coupled with at least the mention of compensation? That’s almost like finding a unicorn. Well if they actually do tweak the regen rate to adequately make up for the removal of those traits (you hear that Anet? Adequate, i.e. a fair exchange for what was lost. Not like your lower DPS for Venom cooldown nerfs…), then I suppose they can be forgiven for that.

There’s still that load of kittenry that is the SA trait changes, but that’s another battle…

new changes to thief

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

It’s BS unless I see in game and it’s better not be the changes to Rejuv.