new thief in gw2

new thief in gw2

in Thief

Posted by: pavelbgd.1460

pavelbgd.1460

Hello guys,

I’m sure you get this allot but i need a bit of help cause i’m lazy and i still do not get gw2 whats stats are good and which does what.
To the main problem then: i have a lvl 50 guardian and its all fun and games smashing around stuff and burning the crap out of everything but.. i want smth more.So i went for a thief.I am and will be a pve player so i am asking for a pve build for leveling and making life easy until i get the hang of it… and what i am asking is a guide until i get to 40 ( i say this because i did the same thing with the guardian and @ that level i figured some bits out and started to experiment and understand the conversations on the forum regarding build and stats) what stats are good what traits should i invest in at first what crafting should i choose to help me and if a thief has a role in pve( i know all of them have but i tend to see thief more for pvp and since here is no Dungeons and Dragons to disarm things… i’m guessing dps and cc is the maine thing)

Sry if i bother any1 with this topic feel free to give any advices for a new player in gw2.

new thief in gw2

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

you are right my friend
thief class is manly for PVP and solo WvW
in pve is …. meh…

new thief in gw2

in Thief

Posted by: Endaz.9472

Endaz.9472

the thief class is amazing in pve. you can get high dps mobility sustain utility etc + you can stealth almost 20 sec. what more do you want? as to answer to your question regarding a build i used with great success a cond dmg build. basicly you apply bleeds then wait for the mobs to die. you can aggro as many as you want cuz they won`t touch you.

(edited by Endaz.9472)

new thief in gw2

in Thief

DanH.5879

the burrows in AC, or the pedestal in COF p1 disagree with condition damage, and tend to ignore it
get 4 more “bleed friends” with you
2 work doing 25 bleed max limit, and the other 3 in the party watch and eat popcorn

(edited by DanH.5879)

new thief in gw2

in Thief

Posted by: Endaz.9472

Endaz.9472

so i am asking for a pve build for leveling and making life easy until i get the hang of it… and what i am asking is a guide until i get to 40

he wants a lvling build not a farm build for ac and cof

new thief in gw2

in Thief

DanH.5879

d/d, with zerker gear
every mob will fear your backstab =)

new thief in gw2

in Thief

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

the thief class is amazing in pve.
NO

you can get high dps
ele, guardians and warriors dps are better (+ they hit up to 3 enemies)

mobility
Warrior has a higher mobility

sustain utility etc
if you mean the max 20% usefull utilities, then yes

+ you can stealth almost 20 sec.
For what do we need stealth? In 99% of PvE its useless.

what more do you want?

A useful steal mechanic, which give the thief his name, and enought survivability to overlife 1 hit from a champion, without to fall under the dmg of all other classes

as to answer to your question regarding a build i used with great success a cond dmg build. basicly you apply bleeds then wait for the mobs to die. you can aggro as many as you want cuz they won`t touch you.
Good for leveling but on lvl 80 is every directdmg build better.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

(edited by Black Teagan.9215)