new weapon idea !

new weapon idea !

in Thief

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

there have ben a million post like this . and i did not know if i should post it here but i decided to just because of the pic XD

but i would really like to see a chain blade added in to the game
i could see it being used on classes like the thief necro ranger and maybe mesmer.
i think a weapon like this would have quite a bit of telegraphed animations
but a ranged melee weapon would be awsome

they do have it listed on the upcoming changes to add new classes. let classes use weapons they can’t use now . and add new weapons

i kinda just wanted to know what people though about a weapon like this ?

Attachments:

(edited by caveman.5840)

new weapon idea !

in Thief

Posted by: Rafahil.2857

Rafahil.2857

I don’t mind such a weapon. btw it’s called a kyoketsu shoge.

new weapon idea !

in Thief

caveman.5840

XD ty i did not know the real name for the weapon
but there is no ranged melee weapons in gw2 it would be nice to see a weapon like this make it in to gw2

if u have a better idea for a totally new weapon being added i would love to hear it

new weapon idea !

in Thief

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

Kusarigama.

I’d rather get the rifle as a tactical weapon

new weapon idea !

in Thief

caveman.5840

we have rifles in the game as it is thats not really a new weapon .
. like i can see spears or pikes being added as well

and anet has said they will let current class use weapons that r in the game now that they can’t use now .

off topic. but i don’t know what kinda movemeant skill u would add for a rifle thief.
all of the thief weapons have movement skills
idk something about rifle thief sounds clunky for a high movement class
just personal opinion but i would sooner have a rifle for my ranger

(edited by caveman.5840)

new weapon idea !

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Thieves are in need of more weapon-options and this chain-thingy certainly looks cool. But it would probably require extensive animations unlikely to be found in an update. Maybe if they do ever get around to making an expansion….

new weapon idea !

in Thief

caveman.5840

there has ben talk about adding the dervish which a weapon set like the could tie in with .

but i think a ranged melee weapons could be a nice add on . and have a place in the game
yes it may be a lil soon to talk about this but it is not unrealistic when the time comes

anet has said they will add new classes new weapons ..
and let classes use weapons they can not use now

(edited by caveman.5840)

new weapon idea !

in Thief

Rafahil.2857

Kusarigama.

I’d rather get the rifle as a tactical weapon

I stand corrected. Didn’t really see the full picture…

new weapon idea !

in Thief

caveman.5840

it would be nice if the community decided on a hand full of new weapons/classes they would like to see in the future
anet has said they will work on new weapons and classes

new weapon idea !

in Thief

Rafahil.2857

it would be nice if the community decided on a hand full of new weapons/classes they would like to see in the future
anet has said they will work on new weapons and classes

Well, the game is out for a bit longer than a year now and all we got so far were some event-like updates. I think it’s about time they came with something big right about now.

new weapon idea !

in Thief

caveman.5840

well we did just get the new wvw map
and they r working on ballance new unlock able skills and traits as of now.
i hope new classes and weapons will be coming down the line here some time soon.

they have player housing and guild halls on there to do list .
but do we really need more player hangouts ?
idk might be just me but i am more interested in new classes weapons and play styles

(edited by caveman.5840)

new weapon idea !

in Thief

Posted by: moxx.4629

moxx.4629

chains and shurikens ftw!

new weapon idea !

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Gonna leave this here as a suggestion shadow steps out of thread

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

new weapon idea !

in Thief

caveman.5840

this is not about scythes.
they r lore breaking.
as this is a discussion on new weapon types.
and they all ready have scythe skins for the staff

what i am talking about is there is a place for a RANGED MELEE WEAPON . being a new weapon type all together.

(edited by caveman.5840)

new weapon idea !

in Thief

RedSpectrum.1975

this is not about scythes.
they r lore breaking.
as this is a discussion on new weapon types.
and they all ready have scythe skins for the staff

what i am talking about is there is a place for a RANGED MELEE WEAPON . being a new weapon type all together.

Okay, but some weapons you suggest might not even exist in Tyria in the first place if you want to bring in the topic of lore, at least scythes have been a thing. Also, it’s easy to see why people would say things like kusarigama, but don’t forget guys, weapons like the one aforementioned would only work for one class it seems. You’d need something that at least another class would use. Which is why I made two scythe threads in the first place, one for thieves, the other for necromancers.

(edited by RedSpectrum.1975)

new weapon idea !

in Thief

caveman.5840

it could be fitting on a few classes thief necro ranger maybe mesmer.
there has ben talk about the dervish from gw1. it could be tied to.

i can’t see them making a weapon class around just the scythe
the necromancer has that black thing that comes out of the staff to make every staff they hold look like a scythe

(edited by caveman.5840)

new weapon idea !

in Thief

RedSpectrum.1975

But nonetheless, I’ll satisfy your desire for a weapon, but Im going to think of one that would make sense for a thief and even other classes could probably use. Now thieves aren’t assassins, they generally focus on incapacitating and not assassinating but who cares about that, I suggest:

A whip. A long reach melee, that fits the idea behind a thief.

new weapon idea !

in Thief

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

I think we will probably get a new weapon that is already in the game( Riffle for Thief wink wink ) before they add any totally new type of weapon.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

new weapon idea !

in Thief

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Rifle or Staff would be my next weapon of choice. We don’t need another melee/semi-melee DPS weapon. Staff with access to a lot of PBAoE CC combined with the leaked trap could give thief an option to play decap, while rifle would obviously be extreme burst range at a 1200 distance. I couldn’t see any other weapon introduced to our class in its current state.

new weapon idea !

in Thief

RedSpectrum.1975

Rifle or Staff would be my next weapon of choice. We don’t need another melee/semi-melee DPS weapon. Staff with access to a lot of PBAoE CC combined with the leaked trap could give thief an option to play decap, while rifle would obviously be extreme burst range at a 1200 distance. I couldn’t see any other weapon introduced to our class in its current state.

The thing is though, Viking, while I would like the idea of a bo-staff, look at the staff skins in the game. Do those really look like something you would swing around to hit people with? Yeah the Crossing would hurt like hell with that lantern but that’s not what it’s for :p

new weapon idea !

in Thief

Posted by: NyuuNeeChan.2891

NyuuNeeChan.2891

To start with " Melee , generally refers to disorganized close combat involving a group of fighters. A melee ensues when groups become locked together in combat with no regard to group tactics or fighting as an organized unit; each participant fights as an individual.: Therefore there can’t be melee ranged weapon.

But talking about what you suggested:
- you didn’t write ANYTHING about possible uses of that weapon, should it be condition focused weapon, crowd control one, direct damage, offensive or defensive support? You just found an image somewhere in internet and came here with " I WANT DAT WEAPON".
- Unless you’d like to break all logic like on mesmer gs ( firin mah lazors), this weapon should have about 600 range, otherwise fast attack and pulling it back before next attack would look plainly bad. What thief needs is 1200 range weapon.
-Telegraphed animiations in this game means long casting time and sometimes some fancy moves. If you look at other thieves weapons, you can see that there are no long duration skills, unless he is dealing damage for whole duration of skill ( like p/p 3) or is evading during it ( like s/p 3, s/d 3). Another problem with long duration moves is that they have to cost more initative or you don’t need to manage it.

(edited by NyuuNeeChan.2891)

new weapon idea !

in Thief

caveman.5840

y even specify on what its based on condition based or crit as of now

ok i will say this one more time lol new weapon types we r talking about …
not rifles and the staff that r in the game as of now!

anet said they would let classes use weapons that r in the game now! so a thief could use a staff or what ever …. and i would expect to see that first .
because that is a weapon that is in the game !

anet has said they will make new classes and weapons . “new weapons”

we r talking about NEW WEAPONS lol

and i heard whip would that not be almost the same thing but with out a blade… essentially the same thing as i am talking about

off topic …and if they gave the thief a staff u could get the scythe skin .. and than u have the scythe thief

(edited by caveman.5840)

new weapon idea !

in Thief

Posted by: Reindeer.8957

Reindeer.8957

I think some katars would be sweet…

new weapon idea !

in Thief

caveman.5840

that would be a sweet dagger skin
but it is kinda a glorified dagger
i don’t know if u could base a new weapon off of them
kinda the same thing going on with the scythe idea .
scythe is a glorified staff u can just slap a skin on it.

(edited by caveman.5840)

new weapon idea !

in Thief

Posted by: NyuuNeeChan.2891

NyuuNeeChan.2891

I would like a remote
Remote control to low orbital ion canon.
Like skyhammer but bigger radius, and way more damage.

Now for some weapons that would be more likely to be added to game:
- Whip – i could turn my lil sylvari into lust driven dominatrix
- Nunchaku
- Angle grinder or chainsaw
- Gatling gun

And

Attachments:

(edited by NyuuNeeChan.2891)

new weapon idea !

in Thief

caveman.5840

To start with " Melee , generally refers to disorganized close combat involving a group of fighters. A melee ensues when groups become locked together in combat with no regard to group tactics or fighting as an organized unit; each participant fights as an individual.: Therefore there can’t be melee ranged weapon.

But talking about what you suggested:
- you didn’t write ANYTHING about possible uses of that weapon, should it be condition focused weapon, crowd control one, direct damage, offensive or defensive support? You just found an image somewhere in internet and came here with " I WANT DAT WEAPON".
- Unless you’d like to break all logic like on mesmer gs ( firin mah lazors), this weapon should have about 600 range, otherwise fast attack and pulling it back before next attack would look plainly bad. What thief needs is 1200 range weapon.
-Telegraphed animiations in this game means long casting time and sometimes some fancy moves. If you look at other thieves weapons, you can see that there are no long duration skills, unless he is dealing damage for whole duration of skill ( like p/p 3) or is evading during it ( like s/p 3, s/d 3). Another problem with long duration moves is that they have to cost more initative or you don’t need to manage it.

ya i don’t think u would give it to much range . ya 600 range or even a lil less .
but i really don’t want to get in to details like that …
and talk about how it would be used on dif classes or anything .
that is only worth talking about if it gets considered as a interesting new weapon type .

and i would hope anet would come out with just more than one new weapon type when the time comes .
so any new ideas r awesome
but some weapons u can just slap a skin on and call it a day

new weapon idea !

in Thief

caveman.5840

- Nunchaku
- Gatling gun

(whip) is like the same thing i am talking about now … but without the blade. they would look similar . and have similar animations

(nunchaku) thats a new one like it

(chainsaw) they have a skin for that. i think it has sound effects to

(gatling gun) XD .. maybe as a siege weapon for wvw lol XD … zerg problem solved lol

(edited by caveman.5840)

new weapon idea !

in Thief

RedSpectrum.1975

- Nunchaku
- Gatling gun

(whip) is like the same thing i am talking about now … but without the blade. they would look similar . and have similar animations

(nunchaku) thats a new one like it

(chainsaw) they have a skin for that. i think it has sound effects to

(gatling gun) XD .. maybe as a siege weapon for wvw lol XD … zerg problem solved lol

Not to bash your idea, it’s cool, but a whip would also make more sense since they are already a thing and can be incorporated easily to other classes

new weapon idea !

in Thief

caveman.5840

this is the same thing … a whip and a chain blade !!!
the difference is a skin !
same action in game. different look

the same reason we don’t need a scythe in the game .. the difference between a staff and a scythe is the skin.

and we do not have a whip in game now ?!?!? so when u say

“make more sense since they are already a thing and can be incorporated easily to other classes”

makes no sense .
making a wip in game is the same thing.
as making a chin blade in game.

the difference is the skin

the “scythe” a glorified staff can be can …. is all ready a thing !
any class that can use a staff right now can go get the scythe skin !
and u have your scythe !!!

(edited by caveman.5840)

new weapon idea !

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

This is the real “chain” blade and it’s already in game.

Chain blade

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

new weapon idea !

in Thief

caveman.5840

lol thats what i was talking about when nyuuneechan mentioned the chainsaw … .http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Greatsaw_Greatsword_Skin
we have one…

right now we have long range weapons … rifle. long bow … mesmer gs
and short range weapons…. swords .gs .swords .. daggers …with some ranged skills mixed in…
we have aoe.

but there is no ranged melee weapon .. that has a auto attack shorter than the 900 range of the short bow
but has the slight reach advantage of the sword …

if u want to call it a whip … or a chain blade ….. or a kyoketsu shoge or what ever u want to call it …

it would be the same thing . the difference is a skin
there is a roll in the game that other weapons do not provide .

(edited by caveman.5840)

new weapon idea !

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

I would like a remote
Remote control to low orbital ion canon.
Like skyhammer but bigger radius, and way more damage.

Now for some weapons that would be more likely to be added to game:
- Nunchaku
- Gatling gun

And

-.- god… that picture looks like a possibly new legendary…
Please don’t give them any ideas…
Quip is already troll enough…

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

new weapon idea !

in Thief

Posted by: shinobaruwrxsti.8425

shinobaruwrxsti.8425

The kusarigama would be an awesome weaponset IMO. It would be a nice 2 handend medium-short range melee weapon that can be introduced in a new Canthan expansion (if Anet ever decides to release it…)

Would also be pretty cool if it played stylistically to how Hattori Hanzo uses it from the old Samurai Warriors/Sengoku Musou game…

new weapon idea !

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Urumi would be cool.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.