noob, help with thief rotation (combo)

in Thief

Posted by: Sind.5798

Sind.5798

Hello

Im new to this game, and ive fallen in love with the theif class, seems to be fun and engaging, not sit back and take a catnap with botched pet system like the ranger.

Anyhow, im having alot of problems with the rotation of the thief. As i could figure, S/P + SB is the best for leveling?`But how do I combo the skills together? What do you open with? SB and then swap to S/P? If I do that I seem to run out initiative.

Please help with the rotation, what do i open with and what skills? Is D/D better? or D/P?

Im totally new, so everything helps.

Thanks

in Thief

Sind.5798

I mean, S/P only seems to have combo field on 5, black powder and only 4 as finisher, head shot. But it seems fairly weak and useless?

in Thief

Sind.5798

And what are some good optiosn for skills?

in Thief

Posted by: Metallus.7690

Metallus.7690

You just need to blind mobs with “Black Powder” and autoattack. Throw in a “Pistol Whip” if you feel like it but really, you don’t need anything else outside of the 1st and 5th skill to level.

SB is good to range or to blast combo field with the 2nd skill, but in open world pve you don’t need to combo any field. You just need to deal damage.

If you want to try out something different, you might find d/d funnier: CnD, BS, AA and HS.

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

As far as PvE goes it doesn’t really matter much. S/P is just considered the safest due to the cleave and blinds requiring less in terms of dodging and positional requirements while fighting aginst AI. Either way, thieves don’t really have rotations unless you build explicitly for one. A lot of times (and hence why we have the initiative mechanic), skills are meant to be used selectively for whenever they’re simply best used (or not at all).

in Thief

Posted by: Wojohowitz.2581

Wojohowitz.2581

I have to say that I have been using this guy’s recommendations from this video and I love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1422579428&v=D9PQW6j2P8k&x-yt-cl=85114404