permastealth

permastealth

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

Hello, i was thinking about the revealing debuff that a thief get attacking from stealth, but what about a d/d build, with venom and patient trait (recover initiative faster while in stealth).
Basically put venom on (just to have some more damage) and use only c&d, not from stealth but timing it so that it will hit immediately after you come out of stealth.
would that work? did anyone try this?
am i missing something?

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

permastealth

in Thief

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

It won’t work, because cloak and dagger break stealth.

Signed, level 1 alt

permastealth

in Thief

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

You’d have one attack every 3+ seconds and be doing nothing the rest of the time. Sounds like it would be both fairly weak and extremely boring.

permastealth

in Thief

Posted by: auhfel.4129

auhfel.4129

Dagins, that’s wrong (according to the scenario). If Daendur does not attack for the duration of his stealth and uses CnD immediately when the stealth fades, he’ll be back in stealth again.

That said, I don’t think it’s a very viable build because you simply can not do enough damage to kill someone when you have 1 condition ticking and 1 attack every 3-4 seconds. You’re going to have to add something else into that rotation.

permastealth

in Thief

Posted by: soulcakeduck.7036

soulcakeduck.7036

Add Backstab to the rotation at the very least. The ~4x damage will help make up for your damage down time.

More importantly, you understand that the ‘Revealed’ debuff only starts when you break stealth, right? So you’ll have to spend a few seconds out of stealth no matter what you do.

permastealth

in Thief

Posted by: auhfel.4129

auhfel.4129

Soulcakeduck, you can’t add backstab and follow his ideology. if you backstab, you will get the ‘Revealed’ debuff and you will then not be able to chainstealth as he desires to do so.

The best thing I can suggest for you to do is add things that won’t affect your stealth, such as Caltrops and Ambush Trap.

Also, no, that’s not how revealed works. It only triggers if you attack while you are stealthed. If you just let it fade naturally, you don’t get the ‘Revealed’ effect.

Yes, I have tested this in game numerous times.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Revealed-PSA-just-for-your-information/first#post259720