post hot meta pvp thief

post hot meta pvp thief

in Thief

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

Here is the meta thief build for spvp: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAVVl0MhenY5Tw0JQ/EHDFlPHWiSgHALQF0/qRYMB-T5wHABPXGol9HA4bAAA

As you can see it is made to fulfil the decap role to its absolute maximum potential, making you an uncatchable speed demon.
But you can still die if you foolishly decide to engage in combat against another player so you must avoid fighting at all times, you are simply not made to fight let alone defeated another player. Team fights are especially deadly and should be avoided like the plague.

In the event that one of your team mates falls in to the downed state you have a hard choice: do you simply abandon him to a grim fate or do you attempt to rez him, thus slowing down the process of decaping and risking your own life. The answer is clear you go for the decaps. I mean shure you have stealth to cover the rez but it is simply not the teefs job to do that, every second spent rezing or not moving to a point to decap it is wasted.

Master this build and the art of decaping and you will be able to carry your team to the legend tear (after dec 1st when the tear system is put in place). But you must have thick skin while wining games via decaping as the loosing team will spite you for playing an op class with an op spec caring out a game wining role that is simply not feasible on any other class.

see no evil ,until i stab you

post hot meta pvp thief

in Thief

Posted by: PureLuck.8795

PureLuck.8795

If you feel all thief has to offer is mobility, you’re doing it wrong. I’m sorry, not trying to offend. I can’t deny its current state is very good, things have changed, but most seem to refuse to adapt.

post hot meta pvp thief

in Thief

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

It sounded like this was sarcasm but I can’t be sure. If it was, well done and I appreciate it. If it’s not, then dude your build has some issues we need to talk through cause that’s not even the most mobile spec out there.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

post hot meta pvp thief

in Thief

Posted by: Elyndis.2130

Elyndis.2130

It sounded like this was sarcasm but I can’t be sure. If it was, well done and I appreciate it. If it’s not, then dude your build has some issues we need to talk through cause that’s not even the most mobile spec out there.

It definitely sounds like sarcasm/satire…

And it’s pretty depressing, too. Decapping is fine and all, but I’d rather take a slightly less mobile class that can do combat infinitely better – like, a Herald! There’s a reason those guys were everywhere last Monday.

post hot meta pvp thief

in Thief

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

It definitely sounds like sarcasm/satire...

And it’s pretty depressing, too. Decapping is fine and all, but I’d rather take a slightly less mobile class that can do combat infinitely better - like, a Herald! There’s a reason those guys were everywhere last Monday.

Because herald is easy, and new. People like easy, and they like new. Last time thief was riskier to play, there were fewer around. Once some new comps come about and thieves adapt some, you’ll see them more in tournaments.

Edit: Also consider this: lots of money involved. Would you then, when everything is new and not all comps have been tested, and the meta is undecided, try to make a more synergistic comp requiring a higher level of communication and coordination for more risk and reward, in order to play something risky and potentially more rewarding, or play something easy to be effective at that can fit in to any new comp you want to try.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

(edited by Impact.2780)

post hot meta pvp thief

in Thief

Posted by: assassin.7895

assassin.7895

Because herald is easy, and new. People like easy, and they like new. Last time thief was riskier to play, there were fewer around. Once some new comps come about and thieves adapt some, you’ll see them more in tournaments.

Edit: Also consider this: lots of money involved. Would you then, when everything is new and not all comps have been tested, and the meta is undecided, try to make a more synergistic comp requiring a higher level of communication and coordination for more risk and reward, in order to play something risky and potentially more rewarding, or play something easy to be effective at that can fit in to any new comp you want to try.

Herald is simply better than thief. Try to play full zerker or viper gear on thief, you will probably die. Now try the same with revenant, the damage on herald is much better and the survivability (while being able to do damage on the enemy) is also better. You realize that the current matches are a lot about who wins the fight and not who rotates better?

Can you win a single 1v1 on thief? Many classes have zero trouble agaisnt thief. Druid, scrapper, chrono, herald have vastly better 1v1 capabilities and additionally are able to support the team with their skills.

By the way: In the Go4GW2 monthly (the last), the thief really sucked. That’s why 55 Dragons switched their thief to revenant. Also the greatest and most swagarious thief of all time, Sizer, quit the game, after he got deleted by a team without thieves 500-0 in the Pro League Qualifier(not because the 500-0, but because thief is his class and it doesn’t seem to work at all in this meta)

Also: It’s not only about your own comp, but also about the enemies comp. How do you face scrapper, two revs, druid, tempest?

post hot meta pvp thief

in Thief

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Herald is simply better than thief. Try to play full zerker or viper gear on thief, you will probably die. Now try the same with revenant, the damage on herald is much better and the survivability (while being able to do damage on the enemy) is also better. You realize that the current matches are a lot about who wins the fight and not who rotates better?

Can you win a single 1v1 on thief? Many classes have zero trouble agaisnt thief. Druid, scrapper, chrono, herald have vastly better 1v1 capabilities and additionally are able to support the team with their skills.

By the way: In the Go4GW2 monthly (the last), the thief really sucked. That’s why 55 Dragons switched their thief to revenant. Also the greatest and most swagarious thief of all time, Sizer, quit the game, after he got deleted by a team without thieves 500-0 in the Pro League Qualifier(not because the 500-0, but because thief is his class and it doesn’t seem to work at all in this meta)

Also: It’s not only about your own comp, but also about the enemies comp. How do you face scrapper, two revs, druid, tempest?

Herald is better at some things, it is not plain better. Why would I play berserker when I can play marauder? You know revenants use marauder too, right? That being said, I could probably get away with it if I wanted to enough, and was careful enough. If you’re referring to Red Levin, he was running an ineffective build. I disagree about Sizer being the greatest. He started restricting his own role when S/D was still seen as competitive, and soon after it fell from the meta. If you lose 500-0 it’s not because of a single player. Even 4s can get at least some points vs a 5.

Of course it’s about the other team’s comp. What a silly thing, to feel the need to point out! Vs that one in particular you’d either need to match their sustain, or take 2-3 damage dealers. I’d take a strong support, a secondary support, some cc, boon-hate, and 2 damage dealers.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780