pp daredevil

pp daredevil

in Thief

Posted by: UKADAM.3910

UKADAM.3910

hi, i’ve not bought HoT’s yet so i’m looking for any info/advice/opinion on my query.
I love pp theif used it since launch and still used it but now that the expansion is out and all, can daredevil benefit pp thieves ?
I’m used to playing pp/sb and now daredevil has that extra dodge it helps the serviceability of pp theif?
or has pp theif completely been removed as a option with HoT?
i normally just pve/fractals
maybe raid i don’t know yet depends on the reply of this post
any help is appreciated ad sorry for my punctuation and all.

pp daredevil

in Thief

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

You can have leap finisher on a dodge, so it gives a reliable stealth access to pp. The problem is… that’s all you got. While pp thief can have access to stealth, all other classes got better boosts (power creep), leaving you underpowered among them.

Signed, level 1 alt

pp daredevil

in Thief

Posted by: assassin.7895

assassin.7895

p/p is terrible everywhere, if you play p/p in raid everyone will hate you.

with daredevil you can stealth with dodge, better heal, more dodge and 10% dmg increase. it’s a solid upgrade and better than other specs imo.

pp daredevil

in Thief

Posted by: moje.1863

moje.1863

i use p/p + d/p with daredevil dash when i am running mindlessly around in big blobs (wvw), its okayish but for pve its not worth it. they removed the ricochet trait mid 2015 which removed p/p indefinitely from pve.

pp daredevil

in Thief

Posted by: Skyline Crash.6254

Skyline Crash.6254

try this build

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAqan8lClOhdPBmPB8PhlfCbbMFAKTcfgNQHYeAmAbgA-TJBBABAcCAOf/hyKDAxDAAA

dodging into your pistol 5 stealths you so you can spam stealth auto 1 and unload

pp daredevil

in Thief

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

i tried a P/P and Staff build for some time (hoped the added ranged damage would help to not miss SB) but apart from Unload (or Head Shot, if you decide to go for a Interrupt Build) you deal terrible damage.
The possibility to kite incredibly well (Dash) or to have on demand Stealth was nice, but yeah thats about it.
Some DD skills & traits are really good though, all the adept traits are awesome for example (at least in the view of a power thief, wouldn’t know about condi).

PvP, Teef & Engi

pp daredevil

in Thief

Posted by: Skyline Crash.6254

Skyline Crash.6254

i tried a P/P and Staff build for some time (hoped the added ranged damage would help to not miss SB) but apart from Unload (or Head Shot, if you decide to go for a Interrupt Build) you deal terrible damage.
The possibility to kite incredibly well (Dash) or to have on demand Stealth was nice, but yeah thats about it.
Some DD skills & traits are really good though, all the adept traits are awesome for example (at least in the view of a power thief, wouldn’t know about condi).

well you use the on demand stealth to just spam your stealth attack, which is kind of like unload. so basically you just are unloading all the time. its not bad

pp daredevil

in Thief

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

well you use the on demand stealth to just spam your stealth attack, which is kind of like unload. so basically you just are unloading all the time. its not bad

apart from the fact that the sneak attack does worse damage. the only reasonable thing to do with Black Powder and Bound, is to dodge and gain stealth. Then #1 through the black powder for perma blind.
One problem is, that that will deal less damage and still cost you more than one unload (6 initiative and one dodge for the whole combo).
While you can be getting possible benefits from the stealth, in order for it to be situationally more useful than unload, you can’t stay in stealth for long.

Also, since you take DD, and Trickery is our best core specialization, you’d have to chose between SA for the stealth to actually give you benefits OR either CS (+10% damage + cripple with pistols, high crit dmg increase, perma fury/invigorating precision) or DA (mug, panic strike/with that combo maybe even Revealed Training, improvisation)

PvP, Teef & Engi

pp daredevil

in Thief

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAqaVn0MBFmidmCGPBkmiFYCzLMEHaDzfwSYLULBEA2NA-TpBFABCcIAiZ/BxLDQwDAotTAAAHBAA
For more of your standard +1. I play this when I’m lazy and just want to insta-close fights.

This is my 1v1 build, despite it making little sense.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAqaVn8MBFmiNmCGPB0PhFcCzLKEG6CbxpAQDa+BWB7gA-TpBFABCcIAiZ/BxLDQwDAotTAAAHBAA

Both builds are great, its mostly playstyle. Pistol/Pistol Thief is theoretically the strongest, and in practice it is for me. Its mostly on knowing how to merge abilities through skill cast timers and skill cast priorities. As a heads up, Distracting Dagger will cancel your skills at any point- unload fires its 8th shot before cast ends and after cast begins, toss a DD for a 9shot daze. =) Anywho gl, I’m sure this build will get trashed. I only lose to scrappers because .-. lets be real, wtf are those things.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

pp daredevil

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

P/p + d/p for spvp isn’t bad if you are hotjoining… Prob want staff for higher level of play due to extra evades…

P/p is more viable with dash and daredevil but still kinda sucks overall…

I was playing war and some p/p thief unloaded on me so I hit block and he literally insta downed himself. Pretty funny.

Just another noob thief…

pp daredevil

in Thief

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

If I root you during any non-vault skill you are stuck or burn a dodge. If you vault, I headshot. If you try to vault me and I forget to headshot, I just BD. I’d say Pistols, Daggers, and Staff are up at highest as I’ve had massive success on all. Caed plays staff though. Is probably a matter of preference.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.