pug Dungeons & world bosses: Teef or Mesmar?

in Thief

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

I have been away from gw2 for almost 2 years.
I enjoy both thief and mesmer but I would hear your thoughts on this matter before I invest my limited spare time into one of them.

Thank you for your input.

in Thief

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Mesmer because it’s OP and more versatile than Thief (and you can even use stealth as Mes which makes no sense in my oppinion…).

in Thief

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

Mesmer because it’s OP and more versatile than Thief (and you can even use stealth as Mes which makes no sense in my oppinion…).

this, with the addition that mesmer’s stealth is as good as, if not better than, Thieve’s

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Thief
They’re still good in PvE.

in Thief

Posted by: fluffdragon.1523

fluffdragon.1523

this, with the addition that mesmer’s stealth is as good as, if not better than, Thieve’s

Need Shadow Refuge (and mass stealth)? Mass Invisibility. Or Veil.

Need Infiltrator’s Arrow? Blink.

Need to escape a fight? Spawn a phantasm or wield a torch.

Need conditions? Wield a staff, scepter, or just plain use shatters.

Too many conditions (or boons)? Null Field.

Need more HP to tank hits because you’ve only got light armor? You’re already a mesmer, but Carrion and Valkyrie trinkets will do wonders.

Need to reflect attacks, bar foes, or gain stupendous amounts of DPS? Glamours and a focus.

Rocky Horror Picture Show? Do the Time Warp again.

Having played Thief religiously through dungeons for a while, then taking my mesmer through Ascalonian Catacombs using the below build: I 100% recommend mesmer.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAR8dnsIClqh1pBeoBUrhlUD6MKNJJkDoEBA9LrZ7A-ThhDABrobQH1fUZ/BXVC6jyPAM/BA-e