pve condi build ideas?

pve condi build ideas?

in Thief

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

I’m curious to see what a good condi thief build would look like if one exists (it might not). Anyone have any to share?

Note: I put pve in the title of thread because it helps alleviate so much confusion up front. Denoting the game type you’re referencing for your thread is super helpful guys!

pve condi build ideas?

in Thief

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Here ya go.

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Daredevil_-_Venom_Share

This build tends to excel on fights that either need condi dps or where help is needed for break bars.

I’d recommend power staff over condi for fights where there are adds to cleave and where maximizing DPS is more important (although condi isn’t far off from power DPS).

For example, I usually run condi on VG and Gorse (condi’s also great at Gorse for locking down spirits), but I swap to power for Sabetha.

pve condi build ideas?

in Thief

bearshaman.3421

That’s a pretty good one. There was another one I saw that used pistol MH and dropping into stealth to get the bleeds on the sneak attack, but I think I like this one alot better.

Any other ones?

pve condi build ideas?

in Thief

Dahkeus.8243

That’s a pretty good one. There was another one I saw that used pistol MH and dropping into stealth to get the bleeds on the sneak attack, but I think I like this one alot better.

Any other ones?

You can swap Trickery for Daredevil and use Impairing Daggers over Caltrops for very similar DPS. That’s what most people ran until the DPS difference from Lead Attacks was found to make core thief better.

If you’re running dungeons or raids, I wouldn’t see there being any other decent choices, but if you want something for solo PvE, you could probably swap stuff quite a bit since venomous aura only is really worthwhile in groups.

pve condi build ideas?

in Thief

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

Yeah venoms are pretty underwhelming if you’re by yourself. Impairing daggers has slightly more poison per cooldown time than spider venom, while also disabling, and they are both single target.

The best skill for potential dps is caltrops, and it’s also AoE, and the cripple is nice against melee mobs. It has a longer ramp up time, however

pve condi build ideas?

in Thief

bearshaman.3421

So what build would you suggest (or changes to the above build) for the times when I’m solo?

pve condi build ideas?

in Thief

Dahkeus.8243

So what build would you suggest (or changes to the above build) for the times when I’m solo?

If you’re solo, it doesn’t matter, but you’d probably want DA/Tr/DD for your traits. Something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQBYplw8KD3hUkWA4AsAmHhrwXIA

pve condi build ideas?

in Thief

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

P/D works fairly well as a condition or hybrid set. While the damage isn’t as high it also can apply damage from range as opposed to needing to stay on top of the opponent and possibly in the red circle of death. This, of course, is mainly a question of theoretical as opposed to actual DPS. Your mileage may vary with your play style and the mechanics of the content you are doing.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator