rolled a cnd thief...holy crap

in Thief

Posted by: Quakeman.9378

Quakeman.9378

So, after QQ-ing about a cnd thief for the longest time, I decided to roll one.

I, of course went cnd to be as annoying as possible ,and holy crap it is so fun!

I love basically not trying at all, and all I have to really do is get behind the person….which is extremely easy (especially with noobs), because once you go stealth they run around, and you just get behind them and backstab, and back you go to being invisible. rinse and repeat.

I love it, I can’t believe I didn’t roll a thief when I first got the game.

The only thing that sucks is that in PvE, I have to use either my ranger, or warrior, or elementalist, or mesmer, or necro, or my ele. But for annoying people by roaming in WvW, this is the best thing ever.

I cant believe I didn’t roll this earlier for all these easy badges! I sometimes ask myself if I’m cheating, but then I realize that I’m not because, honestly how can I be? This is allowed!!!

Yay stealth and yay backstab!!!

CnD thief is arguably the hardest playstyle for thief. It all revolves around landing your CnD, which can be hard at times. It has a fairly long cast time, so it’s not too hard to dodge if you’re paying attention, and if you miss a CnD, unless you quikcly stow your weapons which takes ton of practice to do in a fight, it really really messes you up. And if someone is smart, they don’t make their back easy to get to. If they stand still while your in stealth, they deserve to die.

Yoloswaginz- D/D thief SBI
Tyronee Biggums- Warrior SBI
“If fifty people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing”-Bertrand Russell

in Thief

Posted by: Ritt.3069

Ritt.3069

A D/D thief is not really all that effective against actually competet players… It relies too much on landing the CnD as stated before, and can be a bit unreliable with people dodging, blinding or invulning it. It still works wonders against scrubs or unaware players, or if you are have enough tact to tackle all/most of your CnD’s on people who actually expect them.

TL;DR Any build can beat bads, and D/D is generally not the easy set unless you manage to 1-hit people who don’t expect you.

William Van Dine/Aria Entreri/Weaver of the Dream
Thousand Lakes Alliance [TLA], Desolation
4 Champion titles, solo/duoq Legend, best old LB rank 64.

in Thief

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

. If they stand still while your in stealth, they deserve to die.

This. ^

OP, I ain’t mad at ya but killing noobs is easy. Fun… but easy. Glad someone rolled thief. Now there will be one less qq about how thievs are OP since you’ve chosen to take up the keys to the kingdom and learn the class.

in Thief

Posted by: Oxstar.7643

Oxstar.7643

Well, I play Engineer, and it always seemed to me that they are the anti-thief.

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Engineers are very anti thief

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Thief

Quakeman.9378

Engineers are very anti thief

good engis and good necros really mess up CnD thieves. There’s a reason I mainly use d/p now. Luckily I don’t see too many necros or engis, but kudos to those few that I do find because they know very well how to deal with thieves.

“If fifty people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing”-Bertrand Russell

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

This explains how low is the pvp level in this game

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

in Thief

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Most thief complaints are due to WvW roaming. WvW doesn’t equal PvP, so there’s really little to no value in comparing players from the two.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

It does. Its common knowledge that at least 90% of the players in WvW are bad.

in Thief

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

I, of course went cnd to be as annoying as possible ,and holy crap it is so fun!

I love basically not trying at all, and all I have to really do is get behind the person….which is extremely easy (especially with noobs), because once you go stealth they run around, and you just get behind them and backstab, and back you go to being invisible. rinse and repeat.

The only thing that sucks is that in PvE, I have to use either my ranger, or warrior, or elementalist, or mesmer, or necro, or my engineer. But for annoying people by roaming in WvW, this is the best thing ever.

I cant believe I didn’t roll this earlier for all these easy badges! I sometimes ask myself if I’m cheating, but then I realize that I’m not because, honestly how can I be? This is allowed!!!

Yeah, man. And this one time I was in WvW and tried doing the Konami Code, turned into Santa Clause and started sicking immortal reindeer on everybody. I killed the whole map, won the game, and got a trip to the Arenanet office as a reward where they paid me $1000,000.

in Thief

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

D/D thieves are the easiest of all thief builds to counter, as people have stated above.

Still.. they hit the hardest since CnD does a surprising amount of damage if landed so.. All is fair I guess.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Thief

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

The only thing that sucks is that in PvE, I have to use either my ranger, or warrior, or elementalist, or mesmer, or necro, or my engineer. But for annoying people by roaming in WvW, this is the best thing ever.

Fight someone who knows what he is doing things won’t be so easy. Actually I need more footage for my pawning thief’s montage video so let’s duel:) I am adding u to fl.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Kaboomski.1508

Sir Kaboomski.1508

Yeah, man. And this one time I was in WvW and tried doing the Konami Code, turned into Santa Clause and started sicking immortal reindeer on everybody. I killed the whole map, won the game, and got a trip to the Arenanet office as a reward where they paid me $1000,000.

This guy is the only guy that gets it.

Bravo.. made me “lol”.. xD

in Thief

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

DD is ok for WvW roaming and that is it. It is not viable in team PvP, and is one of the worst at PvE.

in Thief

Quakeman.9378

DD is ok for WvW roaming and that is it. It is not viable in team PvP, and is one of the worst at PvE.

Worst at PvE? It’s the worst at dealing with trash, but it provides one of the highest single target dps, making it good for bosses.

in Thief

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

I get the feeling OP was killed easily by this thief and now he’s trying to say the build is OP. If that’s true, the overwhelming response in this thread seems to be that you are a bad if you die so easily.

in Thief

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

Seems like almost everyone in this thread missed the sarcastic tone. OP is clearly putting thieves down, probably because thieves frequently gank him.

It’s also painfully obvious he’s not a serious thief player. I mean, who refers to any kind of thief as “cnd thief”?

Second Child

in Thief

Posted by: panicbutton.1053

panicbutton.1053

^this

Jsjcjcjzoixjciviv

Hàrlèy Quínn – Power S/D / D/P – Northern Shiverpeaks

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQPIPT2aTjJOBRcAWmlhUkw

in Thief

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

I’m gonna assume the OP is talking about zerging, or large havoc fights. d/d does its best the more targets there are. But if you can’t safely get close enough to CnD your one target, you’ll lose the upper hand.