in Thief

Posted by: Jhughes.8341

Jhughes.8341

I keep finding myself going back to lyssa

runes for sPvP ?

in Thief

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

It depends on the build really. Lyssa was popular for the boon on heal and condition removal; post-patch, a lot seem to be looking for alternatives, but with regard to its purpose within the build, (to handle a lot of conditions) it still serves its purpose. It’s not often you get more than 5 conditions on you at a time, and if you’re being that heavily focused you’re most likely dead anyway. The gain all boons aspect was nice too, but again, that wasn’t the reason behind choosing the rune set. So if you used Lyssa, and still can’t find anything you’d rather use or don’t want to be without that capability, just keep using Lyssa runes.

Conditions can of course be managed without Lyssa runes. Sigils of purity, generosity, infiltrator’s return, pain response (unreliable but still), shadow step and of course withdraw and roll for initiative for movement impairing conditions. Some thieves like to use runes of the ogre and scholar, strength runes now fixed and buffed can also compete against them.

Before the patch, I used runes of the ogre. Now, I’m using runes of the pack for a significant boost to both power and precision, and 50% up time on fury and swiftness while in combat.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

runes for sPvP ?

in Thief

Posted by: pantsforbirds.9032

pantsforbirds.9032

Personally I’m using ogre runes after the patch. Without the aegis and stability, i dont find lyssa runes to be worth the loss in dps anymore. Sadly that means i have to run hide in shadows in most games over withdraw as a way to compensate for the condi removal lyssa provided.

Thief: Rand x Al Thor | Mesmer: Egwene x Alvere
Dragonbrand |Twitch: twitch.tv/pantsforbirds

runes for sPvP ?

in Thief

Posted by: Luto.1938

Luto.1938

I’ve been trying Rune of the Eagle to maximize heart-seeker spam….

(1): +25 Precision Precision
(2): +35 Ferocity Ferocity
(3): +50 Precision Precision
(4): +65 Ferocity Ferocity
(5): +100 Precision Precision
(6): +6% damage against targets with less than 50% health.

Luto Locke
Twitch Stream

runes for sPvP ?

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Same here.

Tried various runes. Runes of the Mesmer, Runes of the Vampire, Runes of Strength etc.

All they do though is add varying degree of damage. None except for Lyssa give you any way of dealing with conditions or add any amount of survivability.

With 80% of builds now basically being some form of condition bunker I can’t seem to make do without Lyssa Runes.

But honestly I really hate this condition spam meta. It’s so ridiculous and idiotic. The antithesis of what GW2 was originally going to be about. Instead of active combat, we now have passive combat.

(edited by Dee Jay.2460)

runes for sPvP ?

in Thief

Posted by: Hype.8032

Hype.8032

Strength or Ogre. Use hide in shadows as a heal to increase your condition cleansing in addition to shadow step. Lyssa is kitten now sorry….

Tualek & F I Monk / Thief —-- Tk E / Engineer
Highest Solo Queue Rank Achieved: 40
Highest solo-join Team Queue Rank Achieved: 198

runes for sPvP ?

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

Eagle, Strength, Ogre, Scholar, Lyssa, Travelers, Wurm, Hoelbrak.

Krait for condition builds.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

runes for sPvP ?

in Thief

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

Eagle, Strength, Ogre, Scholar, Lyssa, Travelers, Wurm, Hoelbrak.

Krait for condition builds.

Same as I have been running after the patch. I find myself going back to Travelers all the time. Guess I like the 25% speed bonus since I usually run a lot.

Melder – Thief