s/d rework

s/d rework

in Thief

Posted by: TreK.3794

TreK.3794

Hi,

Just like you did with the ranger sword, would it be possible to rework the s/d setup for thief? Personally this is my favourite setup but don’t find it nearly as effective as other setups.

Share ideas and discuss.

Cheers.

s/d rework

in Thief

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

It’s very effective against Mesmers even before their nerf today, the only real way to make it feel better is to reduce some of the initiative costs that are clearly made for more than even 15 initiative pool. FS should be reduced down to 3 ini or LS back down to 1, CnD to 5, stream Line the cast of Infiltrator’s strike is a big one it is so clunky as is.

s/d rework

in Thief

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

What BlaqueFyre says are reasonable suggestions. The increased initiative cost on LS kinda nerfs the extra boon steal we got.

One big problem is that the sword line – Acrobatics – is still inferior to the Daredevil line, even with recent buffs.

Something I’ve been wanting for a long time is a slight tweak to the auto attack: Cripple should be applied on the second strike instead of the third strike. Would make a significant difference in landing extra attacks. Having to complete the entire auto attack chain to land the cripple can be difficult when the enemy is dodging and/or killing you or CC-ing you.

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.

s/d rework

in Thief

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

+1, I’ve already shared my ideas on S/D and more in my footnote link below. I’d appreciate comments there.
“One big problem is that the sword line – Acrobatics – is still inferior to the Daredevil line, even with recent buffs.” – it shouldn’t be better than Daredevil but it should be used in combination with it. Acro should get it’s own character and move away from copying daredevil traits.

(edited by Kicker.8203)

s/d rework

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

+1, I’ve already shared my ideas on S/D and more in my footnote link below. I’d appreciate comments there.
“One big problem is that the sword line – Acrobatics – is still inferior to the Daredevil line, even with recent buffs.” – it shouldn’t be better than Daredevil but it should be used in combination with it. Acro should get it’s own character and move away from copying daredevil traits.

Acrobatics was here first though…

Either way, they need to be separated and thought out a little better. The perma vigor change to FG is still inferior to the old FG which essentially got put into DD.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

s/d rework

in Thief

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Cripple should be applied on the second strike instead of the third strike.

thats a pretty good idea.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE