sPvP Stats/Builds in WvW Question

in Thief

Posted by: Bohab.7825

Bohab.7825

So I love the build on my Thief in sPvP and I’ve been pretty successful with it… I’d like to start playing WvW for a change of pace. Note that I have zero experience in WvW and PvE.

I am interested in setting up my Thief’s PvE gear to match the stats of the sPvP Berserker Amulet so my build does not change much.

Now I’ve noticed that Berserker PvE gear does not have vitality. However… I have managed to match the stats of the sPvP Berserker Amulet nearly perfect by mixing different gear.

Not knowing anything about WvW is this a bad idea? Do sPvP builds not do well in WvW?

Thanks for your feedback.

Tavanyl

in Thief

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

Hi!
You should set up your build on a build-site like: gw2skills.net

That way we have a more understanding of what you are talking about and we can comment on that :-)

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Hey. This is my current set up for wvw. It doesn’t have the health as it does in pvp but it has an extra 250toughness.
It didn’t have to be in ascended armour, infact I don’t think you will notice much vs exotic but it was my goal to get thief fully ascended :p

Hope this helps.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQNAsYVl0Mp0pdPxwJ8PNBNB5dY+SZ0KAdfko0XA-TFDEABLqqABPAgEVrxgTAATKDkSpRTKxaTfAgKBzZ/BAOEAPcEACAgAsz6sO3Zgje0je0je0O6RP6O35OLFgeisA-w

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Thief

Bohab.7825

Thanks for your replies.

I don’t have ascended armor or weapons but I have tons of saved up gold/laurels/mats. I will have to figure out how to make the ascended armor/weapons but in the meantime I am using exotic armor set I receive from PvP track grinding and some exotic weapons I purchased off the market. I am able to buy all the ascended accessories using my saved up laurels I never spent in the years of strictly playing sPvP.

Anyhow this is the build I hope to use for WvW (I didn’t add infusions since I don’t have to gear to do so). It is pretty much what I use in sPvP. I know it’s not what is considered ‘meta’ but I’ve had great success. I’ve played the meta builds, they are great and but I’m personally not a fan.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQNAoaVl8MpzpNOx0J8PNhPRsdQSD3hVRdND-TlSBABgqWBN7P8wDAgSVVMTJYEHBgrUShlyFAOFA5pPIAACA7cn7cn7cnlCQPlRA-w

Basically I’m stacking 20+ Might at all times by popping signets constantly and relying on will timed stealth/blinds for defense while accurately landing backstabs. Plus the speed… I can’t live without the speed. Simple and easy to execute…

Thanks again!

Tavanyl

in Thief

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

It’s pretty much the same pvp game but with more people and sometimes a longer solo run to catch up to the crowd. Just take a day or two to gauge how a zerg breaths and you’ll know when to edge forward or rush and close the distance, walk back or about face and run or vanish, and how to corral the zerg while it’s breathing and deciding what it wants to do. Whatever build you’re using in spvp will land a job in WvW and for the same purpose, just remember to repair if you bite it before running out again.

Kash
NSP

in Thief

Bohab.7825

Thanks! That about sums up what I was asking about.

I’ve noticed WvW is AE heavy… was considering coming up with an AE build of some kind. If you know a good one please share. ;D

One off topic question I still have not got a clear answer to…

If I put +dmg on an offhand is that +dmg for ALL my damage when wielding the weapon or just +dmg to the dual skills?

Thanks!

Tavanyl