sad zerker thief ( poor dmg 0 tankiness )

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

Crit chance doesn’t improve your backstab dmg if you use the trait hidden killer.

having 25 in shadow arts is good for stacking might, or 25 in acro for 10% more dmg, or 25 in trickery for 15% more dmg, or 25 in deadly arts. 25/30/x/x/x is the way to go if you
want max dmg.

I however put together an example build with hard hitting backstab and valkyrie armor etc. 17k hp and ~1300 toughness.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQJAoalYm6OXcS5E/5Ex2je6Tiy9woOtpdFwKA-jUyA4rASQAoCgZvAm+W0afoIasqFMVJRUt7oIa1SBExYA-w

Stack 4 stealth in blackpowder with heartseeker, wait for 8+ might to stack,
pop both signets and backstab. This should buff your backstabs a lot making fights short unless against highly defensive players.

You can improve dmg further by getting runes of the scholar, though many don’t recommend it since it’s hard to stay above 90% health all the time.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

(edited by Ghostwolf.9863)

in Thief

Posted by: Kratos.6293

Kratos.6293

The Zerker builds are usually
25 30 0 0 15
30 30 0 0 10
10 30 0 0 30

in Thief

Posted by: itamar.4690

itamar.4690

could be 25 30 0 15 0
or 0 30 30 10 0 (thats the most defensive one )

in Thief

Posted by: yski.7642

yski.7642

Try going 30/30/0/0/10, take every damage increasing trait you can find and run 3 signets with the might on signet use trait. After that do the following combo and tell me your damage still isn’t good enough:

Cast Basilisk Venom. Pop all your signets, start casting Cloak and Dagger and steal before the animation finishes. Backstab. If you time it right, you’ve just hit your target with mug + C&D + back stab all within a single second.

If the target is still alive, do a couple of auto attacks or a heart seeker to finish.

Not really a serious build, but it’s fun :P

Alternatively you could take one of the above builds with sensible utilities and win 1v5s
* shrug *

Learn the ways of the mighty Deathleaf: http://www.youtube.com/user/YskiTheBanshee

(edited by yski.7642)

in Thief

Posted by: wish.1027

wish.1027

Its like you can’t be more glassy ….

I figured out why youre having such a hard time playing in WvW.
Thief

Jade Quarry Warrior Strike Force [SF]
w/ an alt Thief and Guardian.
Math is your friend.

in Thief

Posted by: Azraelle.1683

Azraelle.1683

Switch to dagger/pistol. Its better than d/d in terms pf backstabbing(10-15 stacks of might ftw) and it also has best survivability among thieves. d/d is not designed for long fights and you won’t be able to kill warrior/guardian/bunker engi from one skill rotation anyway.

Thief/Guardian. Desolation [EU]

in Thief

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

So yes maybe its a big L2P issue its possible since i mostly do pve but after watching all these videos of pro thieves running around and hitting people for 10k backstabs i wanted to try playing in wvw as well . I have full zerker gear+ ruby orbs+ ruby alumet and ring of zerk and zerker weaons with +5% crit chaance . Its like you can’t be more glassy ….
And guess what , my backstab is extremly poor in wvw , maybe 5k and mu survability is riduculous , i almost got killed by a shortbow ranger …. i Had to run away like a chicken

And then i saw some videos of people backstabbing easly for 8k and having like a 17k hp pool… its like WTF : i know there are ascended stuff but they arent that powerful
the only option some1 told me was Runes of Divinity but they are crazy expensive so i dont think ill buy them . I was also thinking about getting a PVT gear with zerker amulets and stuff. Any advicie to do ‘normal’ damage and not getting hit for 3k by a shortbow ranger …?

By the way my build is 0/30/20/10/10 ( i know its random but i like the traits from this build . If some1 could help would be pretty nice .

If you get Valkyrie/Cavalier gear combined with either P/D or D/D and Critical Strikes with Hidden Killer, you can have high defense while still bursting people for very higher damage on demand.
A very solid build would be something like this;
http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/thief/?7.0|8.1i.h2.a.1i.h1|5.1i.h1h|1p.a1.1p.a1.1p.a1.1p.a1.1p.a1.1p.a1|4v.d19.2v.d13.3v.d19.2v.d13.3v.d19.2v.d13|0.u28c.p54.f3.0|0.0|58.5e.0.0.0|e
Activate SoM on recharge to maintain constant Vigor and a constant 5 stacks of Might, as well as regaining 2 Initiative. Backstab as often as possible, and dodge like crazy.

(edited by Grimwolf.7163)

in Thief

Posted by: tora.3205

tora.3205

Pro-thieves usually hit more than just 10k dude, I usually hit 18-19 on light armor, 16-18k on medium armor and 12-14k heavy armor in non tanky build.
This is my record to a 80 Ranger http://i41.tinypic.com/ohlm3m.jpg

Yess Man ~ Thief
Eroto Man ~ Necromancer
Mortalis Ex Inferi ~ Mesmer

in Thief

Posted by: Luto.1938

Luto.1938

Pro-thieves usually hit more than just 10k dude, I usually hit 18-19 on light armor, 16-18k on medium armor and 12-14k heavy armor in non tanky build.
This is my record to a 80 Ranger http://i41.tinypic.com/ohlm3m.jpg

Using all signets to stack that might. Awesome idea but you lose so much utility and survivability or i’d be running around with the same build.

Luto Locke
Twitch Stream

in Thief

Posted by: yski.7642

yski.7642

Agreed, it’s not really a good build, but personally I love it

Learn the ways of the mighty Deathleaf: http://www.youtube.com/user/YskiTheBanshee

in Thief

Posted by: tora.3205

tora.3205

You both guys forgot Withdraw and the Shortbow, I usually down every kind of enemy in 4or5 hits, so… You are not without Initiative, then if you can’t kill your foe because of strange causes, wait the right moment to evade and swap to SB to Infiltrator’s Arrow away
It’s not so difficult, it’s just about timing

Yess Man ~ Thief
Eroto Man ~ Necromancer
Mortalis Ex Inferi ~ Mesmer

in Thief

Posted by: Darksidhe.6740

Darksidhe.6740

Go to the Heart of the Mist, change stats, traits, skills, & weapons to your desire.
Find the practice dummies & npcs.
Learn the timing on your weapons and skills.
Watch the npc attacks to anticipate what is going to happen.

KNOW what is going to happen when you push a button or what can cause it to not take effect.

If you can’t take out the practice npcs you’ll have a hard time in pvp/wvw till you learn how.