sick and tired of this stealth bug

in Thief

Posted by: darkaheart.4265

darkaheart.4265

anet, can you please fix this major bug that effects our stealth once in for all?
https://youtu.be/xeItAA5tzWM

yes, im talking about chain skills. you know when you go into stealth and the skill keeps target on you? well it has finally gotten to me. i cant stand it anymore, and im sure it has effected you and everyone else.

it doesnt bother me that i was down in the video (it happens to everyone) but the fact that this bug keeps happening over and over again, its starting to become a real issue. especially now days where wvw is full of druids. oh wait! and theyre not just sustain druids but pew pew druids with their longbows & rapid fire skill. aside of that you have ele’s lighting strikes, mesmer’s clones when they shoot at you, warrior’s rifle, and even thief’s p/p etc, etc.

if no one demands for bug fixes then anet will just keep ignoring them. i understand its not an easy coding task but im sure it can be done. if not, then anet should reconsider thief when it comes to nerfs. for the example the no reason 1s in stealth cooldown.

idk, ill leave the rest up to you guys

i7 3770k @ 4.5 ghz|Z77X-UD5H Motherboard|16GB @ 1600Mhz|GTX 1080|Corsair AX750 PSU|Windows 10 Home

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

First – posting here won’t receive any response by devs. They don’t even know the existence of this forum.
Second – it’s annoyng yes but it’s not a bug. Working as intended and it’s like this since the closed beta.

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

in Thief

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

Working as intended.
Every channelled skill started while you are still visible will track you into stealth.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

in Thief

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

It is definitely working as intended but with nerfs to stealth over the years it would be nice if it was changed. Note, i said “nice” not mandatory.

in Thief

Posted by: Hmmmmmmmmmmnmnmz.9623

Hmmmmmmmmmmnmnmz.9623

I would like to get this changed too, but same time I hope they dont touch it. Im sure changing it would just break other things and turn out to be only nerf to thief class.

(edited by Hmmmmmmmmmmnmnmz.9623)

in Thief

darkaheart.4265

there is more counters to stealth than ever before,
the power creed is off the charts,
and everyone has access to unlimited boons
(yes, i know im exaggerating but you get the point)

our mainly gain from dd is evades. is cool and everything but its just not enough when our main defense is suppose to be stealth. however, anet keeps making nerfs that effect us. im sure they are not seeing it this way and therefore they keep on sucking the life out of thief.

for all they see is a power creed thief who does massive damage with backstab and hides back again to rest the fight. what they dont understand is the skill cap. you either become good at thief or just move on to another profession. the second thing is that most thiefs or all thiefs are running full zerker/marauder with mainly focusing in vitality and almost no defense. whats the point on gaining defense, when you lose power and relay on stealth. oh wait! we cant relay on stealth because they keep nerfing the crap out of it. so we have no option but to go full power. either kill or get killed. see the point im trying to make

i7 3770k @ 4.5 ghz|Z77X-UD5H Motherboard|16GB @ 1600Mhz|GTX 1080|Corsair AX750 PSU|Windows 10 Home

(edited by darkaheart.4265)

in Thief

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

I’ve said this before but i run Full evasion Condi DD. I can stand in a fight against anyone except a good DH on point (not that i bother unless i am purposefully trying to keep three people on point to give my team the edge elsewhere) but i give any semblence of power and cannot even relay on Condi bursts. no i went a different route and rely on continuous application of conditions While maintaining a full Defense posture. I pretty much have too. Thieves rely on sudden bursts of damage that kill in an instant and with all of the defenses rolling around there’s just no way to do that reliably wihtout a massive amount of skill. You can;t stand in a brawl, you have to hang back and wait for the right moment to strike, and if you miss a backstab (somthing that is getting easier to do with every nerf) or if something stops your burst you die instantly.

• purely from a berserker’s point of view
  • Revenant can kill you one skill (which is channeled so stealth does not make it miss)
  • Warriors can kill you with one Burst combo.
  • Warriors can also kill you with one killshot or gunflame, both are channeled
  • Rangers can kill you with one use of at least two skills. Smokecale can kill you with it’s revenant attack, Bristle back can kill you with it’s barrage, the list goes on.
  • Guardians are have always been hard targets for us, but now they are direct hard counters. to our entire play style. We can’t effectively decap with DH’s on point, objective capturing has become even harder
  • One Plague signet will kill us unless we manage to clear it quickly
  • Engineers have a combination of sustain and damage that we have to work very hard to get around
  • A good Bunker Ele skill shuts us down.
  • Honestly only Mesmer’s are easy kills assuming every one i’ve mentioned is a good player. Not even great, just good.
  • and i know i’m not good at power Thief, but i know the combos and I use them.

Stealth: Impairing Daggers>Backstab>Steal>Fist Flurry with DP is probably the best one out there and you have to wait 20 seconds to use it again and if you miss for some reason you die because you have to sacrifice defensive abilities for damage.

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

it been known for a long time that if you auto qu a skill in a skill it track them in stealth as long the interval was within first 1 second of their going in to stealth ^^.

in Thief

darkaheart.4265

im aware that its been in the game for a while but back then there wasnt any counters to stealth. now its getting ridiculous.

anyone else thinks they should fix/remove this?

you guys remember the speed movement update? when if you had swiftness, quickness or cripple that would determine the speed and distance of the skills.
well, guess what? that was on gw2 for like 2 or 3 years and then they worked so hard to remove that. well i believe its time for this track stealth thing to go away too.

(edited by darkaheart.4265)

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I don’t really have much of an issue with it in most cases. There is a time to use stealth and a time to dodge, and in some cases, a time to just eat the damage (this is the hardest thing to do and until actually taking it the hardest to know if it’s even okay to do). Knowing when is a pretty big determining factor in what defines a highly successful thief.

My only gripe might be druid staff auto since the beam lasts so long and tracks stealth unnecessarily well, and that isn’t even a complaint about the damage but the persistence of the cast causing one’s location to be given away.

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

The complaints are always to be seen from what “set/build” they’re coming from, the rift between thieves is pretty huge – I bet a SA, DrD, T D/P thief can outsustain quite a lot of enemies, so they shouldn’t complain about being tracked in stealth. Every other thief might have a point.

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Channeled skills tracking in stealth was fine but then they went and added channeled skills that last a LONG time. Namely the Druid Staff AA and the DH chain. No AA or passive secondary skill should be tracking into stealth.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”