simple way to make steal useful for ranged.

in Thief

Posted by: Kitono.9152

Kitono.9152

Make it a stun break move untraited. I’d rather be ranged in melee than stunned and not.

Nighthound – Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Make it a stun break move untraited. I’d rather be ranged in melee than stunned and not.

I already have a way to make it useful as ranged, but it requires P/D for the dual skill. hehe

in Thief

Posted by: Knyx.5926

Knyx.5926

Well I suggested in a thread of mine in the spvp forums. Just add an F2 ability of Shadow return, that is greyed out and unusable till steal has been activated.

in Thief

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Well I suggested in a thread of mine in the spvp forums. Just add an F2 ability of Shadow return, that is greyed out and unusable till steal has been activated.

I agree 100%.

If i’m fighting at range & use Steal, i usually just swap to my melee weps. Inefficient if you ask me.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Thief

Posted by: Nande.6810

Nande.6810

To be honest I don’t think a thief needs more teleports. Especially if it’s gonna break stun then it basically gives you a free Shadowstep, so why would you really need that utility skill then?

I think that would be too good actually.

The Bleed thief (d/d & p/p)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKHdpbyNpVU
oGt

in Thief

Posted by: Gameslave.9208

Gameslave.9208

To be honest I don’t think a thief needs more teleports. Especially if it’s gonna break stun then it basically gives you a free Shadowstep, so why would you really need that utility skill then?

I think that would be too good actually.

Strawman

in Thief

Posted by: PsionicDingo.2065

PsionicDingo.2065

With SB I Steal and Disabling Shot right away.

With Pistol/Dagger you can Shadowstrike out.

P/P is the only one I don’t see a way out with. Black Powder and Dodge, but it’s not as snappy.

I agree something needs to be done with Steal at ranged. Maybe if you have SB or P in your MH you would Scorpion Wire the item out instead? Mug still works in concept because you’re harpooning them in the process.

My psychic knife. The focused totality of my psychic powers.

in Thief

Posted by: Emrad.9260

Emrad.9260

@Nande
Knyx didn’t mean both an F2 return and a stun break, only the return.
The stun break was the suggestion of the OP.

in Thief

Posted by: Eliteseraph.4970

Eliteseraph.4970

How to make steal a useful skill for ranged?

Target something that’s not the enemy in your face: shadowstep to it(and away from the guy in your face. Even squirrels work. Enemy players who aren’t currently attacking you or paying attention work as well. Even a well-timed steal during a boss fight can get your out of trouble.

I wouldn’t mind something a little more directly useful to ranged thieves, but there IS a way to put steal to good use as long as you’re willing to think outside the box.

in Thief

Nande.6810

@Nande
Knyx didn’t mean both an F2 return and a stun break, only the return.
The stun break was the suggestion of the OP.

Right. Still dont think thiefs needs another Shadowstep, SB thiefs are hard ti catch as it is. As someone already said, you can steal someone else but the attacker, an imagien i the attacker pops an utility to get to you and you just steal return. And you’re back to kiting.

Now you could still have shadowstep, and w.e the short teleport arrow is called, infiltrators arrow? The kiting could get out of hand :p

oGt

in Thief

Nande.6810

What they could do instead is add a trait somewhere that changes steal and makes it meduim range instead of melee without the teleport at all, or maybe roll hou back instead. A return telepor seems way to strong combined with the rest of the mobility we have.

oGt

in Thief

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

Thief isn’t a ranged class, it’s a class that combine range and melee by using some tricks.
Shadow return won’t happen to stealth, because it would be OP, and you should know it.
Just swap weapons when going to fight in melee, but honestly, pistol or short bow aren’t that bad in close range.

Signed, level 1 alt

in Thief

Posted by: Melphina.9035

Melphina.9035

God i would drop all my Traits if it became a stun break. 3 Stun breaks? Yes please

Melphina Kobe ~ Thief