in Thief

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

can you make swiftness on dodge at least 5 secs? <3

since most class will gain a 25% signet

in Thief

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

I think the fear is that longterm swiftness for only 5 trait points would be imbalanced. With that in mind I wouldn’t mind seeing swiftness-on-dodge replaced with something else for the 5-point trait and either made the 15-point trait or a selectable trait. Replacing it with Might-on-Dodge and then making 5s swiftness-on-dodge take the place of Might on the current trait would be a good compromise. Someone not running any Might synergy isn’t going to dip 5 points into acrobatics just to get it.

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

why you say “most class will gain a 25% signet” ?

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Thief

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

All classes with a +movespeed signet appear to be getting theirs buffed from 10% to 25%

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

in Thief

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

thanks, i missed it …
so everyone will get speed increase … thieves probably will have their damage reduced.

a group swiftness pistol skill will be a good change.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Thief

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

Though I think the thief will still be more mobile than most, if not all other professions, having slightly more swiftness per dodge would be nice (though maybe not as much as 5 seconds, I would say 4 tops). Seeing as how an engineer can spend 10 trait points to get perma-swiftness, it would seem only fair that the thief stays ahead of the game in the mobility stakes.

But to be honest, I won’t be losing any sleep over these changes. When it comes to covering a lot of ground quickly, I don’t rely on the 25% speed boost or swiftness to do so.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

in Thief

Posted by: Archonis.7249

Archonis.7249

The swiftness buff doesn’t stack on the signet. Swiftness buffs are wasted on people with that signet.

So if you have a buff on you, the signet overrides it.

Just do the test for yourself. If you have the +25% movement signet and have something that gives you the buff, notice that you do not move any faster.

“Society is a madhouse, whose wardens are the police and the officials.”

in Thief

Posted by: ZLE.8293

ZLE.8293

@Oldgrimm stop whining.How many treads will you make about this?
You are not any different than any other that comes here to QQ against thieves !

Ss Ninja- Rank 50 Asura Condition Thief (The Bulgarians [BG])
My Ringtones on Zedge >>>C l i c k <<<

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

Centaur + Withdraw = Nigh perma swiftness (30 points in acro makes it permanent), AND it helps out your team.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in Thief

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

@OldGrimm

Do you really have to make 2 thread about the same subject?

Thief will still have the second best mobility in the game. It wasn’t about the signet, it’s about all your in combat mobility skill. Just use them and you won’t have any issue chassing someone.

Oh and if you want to escape… just stealth right?

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

So if you have a buff on you, the signet overrides it.

Just do the test for yourself. …

I did test this, you get the higher IMS. 33% while in stealth plus the signet will move faster then the signet alone, but the same as the trait only. IMS, btw, only affects forward movement.

in Thief

Posted by: shrewd.5319

shrewd.5319

Well, this is just great. Everyone is becoming more thief-like, just with insanely better damage, tanking, healing, aoe, burst, mobility, evasion, etc, etc. While thieves will be (surprise, surprise) unjustly nerfed and impaired even more. Every day that passes I’m becoming more disappointed with this game.

in Thief

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

This is getting ridiculous, whats next? Stealth for all classes?

in Thief

Tulisin.6945

I don’t know why you folks are getting worked up. Runspeed signets are trash signets in any sort of high-intensity environment (dungeon PvE, most WvW/sPvP combat). If the professions getting this 25 % signet begin to become reliant on them as some thieves have it’ll only weaken their combat capabilities. It is a lazy-man’s mount-style signet, and anyone using it for anything other than mindless long-distance travel is consciously giving up combat capabilities.

in Thief

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

I think the fear is that longterm swiftness for only 5 trait points would be imbalanced.

Look up ‘Speedy Kits’, and ’Invigorating Speed.
Engineers can have permanent uptime on Vigor and Swiftness for merely 20 points.

I think 5 points for a little swiftness at the cost of dodging isn’t a big deal.

However, that’s just what I think when traits are being compared in a vacuum.

With Feline Grace and many sources of Shadowstep, I think Thieves have enough mobility from other sources, so I don’t feel Thieves need more swiftness.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

in Thief

Posted by: Professor Sensei.2941

Professor Sensei.2941

Thiefs should have the highest movement speed. I agree with buffing the other signets but SoS should get a 5% buff as well if not 8% to match swiftness.

Professor Sensei – Thief
Everything Purple

in Thief

Posted by: Leriff.8362

Leriff.8362

I don’t know why you folks are getting worked up. Runspeed signets are trash signets in any sort of high-intensity environment (dungeon PvE, most WvW/sPvP combat). If the professions getting this 25 % signet begin to become reliant on them as some thieves have it’ll only weaken their combat capabilities. It is a lazy-man’s mount-style signet, and anyone using it for anything other than mindless long-distance travel is consciously giving up combat capabilities.

lol.

Yes, a 25% move speed bonus, plus an INSTANT blind is bad, and weakens the thief in combat.

Because blinding the knockdown while you execute is bad. Blinding the HB after getting bull rushed is bad. Et cetera.

You have no idea what you’re talking about.

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Because blinding the knockdown while you execute is bad. Blinding the HB after getting bull rushed is bad. Et cetera.

Someone maybe wise once said :

AKA, L2P. Blind doesn’t work against 100 blades because it only stops one hit among 9.

in Thief

Leriff.8362

AKA, L2P. Blind doesn’t work against 100 blades because it only stops one hit among 9.

The blind soaks enough of the first hit that shadowstepping away lets you retain over half your life, as opposed to 1/4 of it. That lets you turn the battle around instead of turning to run to reset the battle.

Blind works against HB because your job is to survive with enough health to beat the now 100% exhausted warrior.

“L2P”

Edit: Spelling errors.

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Wait, what? Why blind then shadowstep away when you could do the later first and get the same result?

Mark my words, that signet and that blind is very good. But using it against a warrior HB after he knocks you down to save some life before you use a shadowstep. What?

One hit of HB is 20% less damage than their greatsword first hit autoattack. Instead of using the blind to mitigate like 1500 damage on a crit, why not use it against Eviscerate or Bull’s Rush instead?

in Thief

Leriff.8362

Wait, what? Why blind then shadowstep away when you could do the later first and get the same result?

Mark my words, that signet and that blind is very good. But using it against a warrior HB after he knocks you down to save some life before you use a shadowstep. What?

One hit of HB is 20% less damage than their greatsword first hit autoattack. Instead of using the blind to mitigate like 1500 damage on a crit, why not use it against Eviscerate or Bull’s Rush instead?

It’s not ideal, but it is not wasted, either. You can reach for blind mid Bull Rush, be too slow to hit Bull Rush but still hit the first HB swing. Keep in mind, as well, that not everyone has the same reaction time, and blinding the first burst of HB could save an ally who is trying to reach for his stun breaker, but is slower than you are.

in Thief

Tulisin.6945

The blind soaks enough of the first hit that shadowstepping away lets you retain over half your life, as opposed to 1/4 of it. That lets you turn the battle around instead of turning to run to reset the battle.

Blind works against HB because your job is to survive with enough health to beat the now 100% exhausted warrior.

“L2P”

Edit: Spelling errors.

Because you have unlimited utility slots and there’s no opportunity cost. Most thieves don’t even use Signet of Stealth’s active, and of those that do the only ones who are truly getting enough use out of SoS to make it worth the loss of a better utility are those actually running signet synergy.

The fact that SoS has enough synergy potential to be a mediocre combat utility doesn’t discount the fact that most thieves run SoS out of laziness and don’t touch the active.

So, again, other professions getting upgrades to their run speed signets will, on average, degrade their combat effectiveness by causing many of them to become reliant on a sub-par utility out of sheer convenience.

in Thief

Posted by: Panther Chameleon.8465

Panther Chameleon.8465

Centaur + Withdraw = Nigh perma swiftness (30 points in acro makes it permanent), AND it helps out your team.

I just started rocking Centaur plus Troll Unguent and it makes catching Thieves a lot easier with gsword. I don’t really think the buff is necessary for all classes and think the Thief should have the best mobility, but the stealth condition pistol is a bit too strong imo. But, I can’t blame anyone for using it since all the nerfs to damage rather than stealth.

" I like to let people talk who like to talk. It makes it

in Thief

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

If stealth gets nerfed, signet of shadows better get buffed. If stealth stays the same. I won’t mind. Either give us stealth or give us superior mobility/evasion.

in Thief

Posted by: Spiders Spiders Spiders.8043

Spiders Spiders Spiders.8043

If stealth gets nerfed, signet of shadows better get buffed. If stealth stays the same. I won’t mind. Either give us stealth or give us superior mobility/evasion.

Oh naivety…

[CIR] Crimson Imperium Reborn / Blacktide

in Thief

Posted by: Krathalos.3461

Krathalos.3461

Oh naivety…

You can claim he’s naive if you wish, but he’s correct. No other class is as squishy as the thief without some form of damage mitigation. Guardian? Constant heals, can have permanent protection, wears heavy armor, etc. Elementalist? Best mobility in the game, has 1200 range options, has a ton of AoE, has abilities that grant invulnerability, has protection boons, constant heals, etc.

Seriously, I could go on about the advantages these classes have that thief just lacks. Stealth and shadow steps are the ONLY two abilities thief has for escaping. 25% Movement Speed signet is extremely overrated and is only useful for convenience when exploring or roaming WvW. If you’re using Signet of Shadows in a sPvP build, you’re either lazy or simply using a bad build.

If they’re going to nerf stealth, they actually need to compensate somewhere else for the thief. Right now, stealth is our largest option we have for escaping, and every thief, no matter how they’re built, have an over-reliance on stealth for escaping and dealing damage. If they simply nerf the thief without a compensation (like what they did last patch, especially to D/D and S/D builds), they’re moving closer and closer to just removing the class from the game. I really wish they’d just rework the class into what the assassin was like in GW1. We’d get a lot less complaints, and we’d more than likely be more useful in the process.