soooo how Thief's nowdays ?

in Thief

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

Worth coming back for WvW ?

or are we still getting nerfed with every update ???

any news ?

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in Thief

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

We keep getting nerfed , but it’s still one of the funniest professions to play.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Worth playing if you know how to adapt. Otherwise it’s a long road to learn/relearn if you’ve been away for so long.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Thief is in a decent state and not THAT much has hanged.

The QQers like to exaggerate the nerfs when in reality, their impact is very limited.

WvW actually sees a wide spread of D/D, D/P and P/D builds, with the occasional wild-card in there. sPvP has both S/D evade-spam and D/P daze-burst going for it and we are still appreciated for our burst and mobility.

The only thing we’re really excluded from is zerg-fights but that’s probably never going to change.

(edited by Dee Jay.2460)

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Slowly getting worse, in little decrements. Next victim is the immensely overpowered poison field from shortbow #4

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Slowly getting worse, in little decrements. Next victim is the immensely overpowered poison field from shortbow #4

Just because they have to nerf SOMETHING in every patch and just cant find anything else

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Not really complaining, I am using it for the traited weakness and the big, red, scary aoe circle it produces.

in Thief

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

Utterly ruined. I already semi quit the game, and only staying on because friends are still keen on playing. There’s nothing to be gained in the recent builds because most of the builds are nerfed, with an overall “nothing much has changed” initiative system (or overall nerf because you used the critical builds, which is pretty much more than half the players unless you’re using condition).

Expect even more nerfs along the way with anet dev stating some “amazing buffs to thieves” in the near future. (This statement can be backed up because someone proved that the initiative system overhaul is an overall nerf to the critical lines.)

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

The QQers like to exaggerate the nerfs when in reality, their impact is very limited.

WvW actually sees a wide spread of D/D, D/P and P/D builds, with the occasional wild-card in there. sPvP has both S/D evade-spam and D/P daze-burst going for it and we are still appreciated for our burst and mobility.

The only thing we’re really excluded from is zerg-fights but that’s probably never going to change.

short bow nerfs:

1) range on cluster bomb down to 900 now almost useless in wvw.
2) no heatseeking on AA which means u gotta be close to make sure it hits
3) skill 4 poison is being nerfed from 5s to 3s of poison :/

Sword nerfs:

1) Infil return now is no longer able to be used on stuns and a .25s or longer cast
2) FS/LS is more initiative
3) LS now only strips 1 boon and no longer can kill guardians decently
4) Infil return now no longer has long range return distance

Dagger/Pistol positives:

1) we get torment on p/d skill 3
2) death blossom is down 1 init and still almost useless
3) pistol skill 2 has immob 1 sec

other positives:

1) sleight of hand gets 20% cooldown reduction for a total CD of 21s (original 35s)

other nerfs:

1) we now have every vigor trait cut 33% duration
2) every underwater attack is nerfed including withdraw/RFI distance

icould go on….theres about 3x more thanthis but i wouldnt call it a tiny amount….

basically the only decent boosts we got were steal cooldown from 45 to 35 and also torment/immob added to pistol skills. other than that they are all pretty tiny and not noticeable. few other buffs we got but all reverted.

in Thief

Posted by: Aleth.9630

Aleth.9630

Since the nerfs to Infiltrator’s Return (not the main reason, just the last), I picked up on mesmer and warrior, and ended up never playing thief again in PvE (I think I played 1 dredge fractal with it in 3 months total).

As for WvW, the stealth and/or pistol troll builds are still possible to pull off in 1v1 situations; and you can try to play PW; but other than those, I don’t think there’s anything this profession does spectacularly anymore.

in Thief

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Still hasn’t lost its op status.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Thief

Posted by: Doctor.1905

Doctor.1905

The only problem I have with the thief is their lack of 1200 ranged weapons. I don’t understand why freaking warriors, with their highest base health and armor, are allowed to have a 1500 ranged killshot but thieves aren’t allowed 1200 range on anything other than stealing. It really hinders their zerg play. In small scale situations, thieves are pretty awesome imo due to their mobility and ability to disengage.

Anet please give thieves the rifle. Real world thieves use rifles to assault gas stations. Why can’t Guild Wars 2 thieves have rifles?

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

-snip-

The only nerfs that truly still hurt are the range nerf on Clusterbomb and the change to Infiltrator’s Return.

Imo they still are completely unjustified.

in Thief

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

they nerfing Shortbow ?

realy ?

REALY ?

the only weapon that is useable from walls even with its phatetic range ?

REALY ?

dmg wasnt that good in the 1st place yet elementalists vyping small zergs with rain fire or how does it called ?

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

they nerfing Shortbow ?

realy ?

REALY ?

the only weapon that is useable from walls even with its phatetic range ?

REALY ?

dmg wasnt that good in the 1st place yet elementalists vyping small zergs with rain fire or how does it called ?

They already nerfed it’s range, at least cluster bomb… :/ so you can’t really do that unless they’re almost directly under you…
They’re nerfing choking gas’ poison duration next….
But yeah, constant and consistent nerfs every patch. With some “buffs” (some really MASSIVE…), just so we can’t say that all they do is nerf us….
Too bad you weren’t here when they were previewing releasing the new healing skills… it was a total kitten-show

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Seeing as the initiative change was called a “buff,” I do not want to know what’s coming next, honestly.

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Seeing as the initiative change was called a “buff,” I do not want to know what’s coming next, honestly.

Well, a MASSIVE nerf to chocking gass (40% reduction, so it’s MASSIVE considering 33% buff was MASSIVE).

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

We keep getting nerfed , but it’s still one of the funniest professions to play.

VS Thief + Trap ranger.
Unrivaled Q_Q when the two most hated professions steamrolls dem 5 warrior groups effortlessly.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU