stealth on steal trait

stealth on steal trait

in Thief

Posted by: Bull Zooker.1672

Bull Zooker.1672

does anyone else use the stealth on steal trait?

im currently using blind on stealth, lose a condi every 3 seconds in stealth and stealth on steal.

I have sacrificed the shadow rejuvenation trait to gain an initiative free stealth a condition removal and AoE blind.

currently playing P/D pvp, wvw and pve.

any thoughts?

Grandad Fester / Unruly Pigeon – Necromancer by trade

stealth on steal trait

in Thief

Posted by: xmtrcv.5236

xmtrcv.5236

I tried using Hidden Thief, but found that the auto attacks were not being cancelled reliably.

That opinion was mostly based on gut reaction, though it probably deserves more careful testing (with slightly less face-rolling on my keyboard for my “in-fight anxiety”, lol.)

In the P/D builds I’ve been playing around with, I tend to trait the following:
≥ 15 Acrobatics = Cloaked in Shadow
< 15 Acrobatics = Infusion of Shadow

Damage Dolly
we all began as something else

(edited by xmtrcv.5236)

stealth on steal trait

in Thief

Bull Zooker.1672

haha yea I think I was having issues with it to start with but not sure if that was due to me still using CnD before steal out of habbit/muscle memory. This of course was putting me straight into revealed debuff rather than stealth.

worked great when I stopped CnD before stealing as its no longer needed with that trait. I use 0/0/30/20/20 with vigor on heal and might on dodge, fury might swiftness and vigor on steal. < making my steal very effective as a team utility as well as personal strategy.

im aware this isnt optimal for condition built thief but I have had ALOT of fun and great fights using it.

I have also turned off auto attack so cant help with determining whether that is bugging it out.

stealth on steal trait

in Thief

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

Auto-attack can still ruin HT, I still use it and really like it. It is a great opener for a fight and has saved me a couple times in a drawn-out duel.

Sanctum of Rall

stealth on steal trait

in Thief

Bull Zooker.1672

pixels, I noticed its a good tool for stomping downed players in group fights too.

im exploring different traits and was just hoping for other players input :-) thanks

stealth on steal trait

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

I feel like infusion/rejuv/embrace are mandatory traits.

Ever try fight engi or ranger without condi clears?

Hidden thief isn’t that great compared to your other choices, but who knows. A little birdie told me they plan to make 1-5 changes in all if our trait lines. That can only mean huge nerf to shadow arts IMO.

Just another noob thief…

stealth on steal trait

in Thief

Bull Zooker.1672

the only trait I pick every time without fail is the condi clear every 3 seconds in stealth so yea I agree that is important.

maybe the trait changes will bring some nice diversity that will counter the shadow arts nerf which agree is highly likely.

I welcome the changes to trait lines on most classes

stealth on steal trait

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

I use to run it when I was using GC with D/D. Very useful in WvW, but you have to discipline yourself not to use it offensively — only defensively, otherwise you will run into problems with auto-attack as you mentioned.

But nowadays with S/D, there’s no need for it — especially how fun S/D is with the “Endless Dodge” build.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

stealth on steal trait

in Thief

Bull Zooker.1672

ah ok, I used to play s/d before the 3 skill buff with a cleric venom share build. but really didn’t enjoy the play style after a few sessions in WvW even though I got great results.

never picked the stealth on steal trait before and I feel its more beneficial for p/d play as I gain a good attack opportunity. also if I dont target something like you say Vincent its an awesome defensive skill too.

stealth on steal trait

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

ah ok, I used to play s/d before the 3 skill buff with a cleric venom share build. but really didn’t enjoy the play style after a few sessions in WvW even though I got great results.

never picked the stealth on steal trait before and I feel its more beneficial for p/d play as I gain a good attack opportunity. also if I dont target something like you say Vincent its an awesome defensive skill too.

Yup I used to reserve it and all my other stealth skills for defensive purposes. Way back when, the one thing I hated the most was knockdown and I use this to steal from another opponent away from the Warrior and then vanish in stealth — since I’m knockdown I won’t be revealed.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

stealth on steal trait

in Thief

Posted by: Madnek.7921

Madnek.7921

Using it in PvE, to put 5 bleeds from sneak attack.
To avoid the auto attack breaking stealth, turn your back to the target and steal, it works perfectly 99.9% of the time.