Posted by: Steinpilz.5078

Steinpilz.5078

Is condition thief good in tPvP?
If yes, does someone have a build?

[tPvP] Condition thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Niels.5396

Niels.5396

There was a video for condi thief a while back on reddit. You should probably search youtube.

[tPvP] Condition thief?

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

not so much as you cant stealth in tpvp
your conditions take too much time to pressure
guardian/ele/necro can hold till his friend come and kill you

but its nice easy going build or if you team wants you as venom share you can allow them to do splits more easy but need coordination. you share venom go to far try to cap it or harass go again to help in 3v3 situation share again and all over again

but as you can see d/p can do it faster and easier with burst dmg and not over time

[tPvP] Condition thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Ergolicious.1507

Ergolicious.1507

One word: Caltrops <3

[tPvP] Condition thief?

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

One word: Caltrops <3

That was 3 O.o

On a serious note, yes you can make a condi build in tpvp but the p/d is the only strong condi set which requires stealth. It’s good for sitting on the side line but against sufficient condition removal you can’t contest a point. D/d is just so obvious to counter too so no luck there :/

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

[tPvP] Condition thief?

in Thief

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

i enjoy running it, but i’m very much aware that as a stealth spamming, pressure-oriented build, i’m not the best i can be. i also don’t claim to be the best player.

that said, you can do a pretty good job with P/D pressuring the enemy bunkers when they’re alone, or picking out their squishies. mobility isn’t an issue so long as you have the shortbow in hand, which benefits from your condi spec when using choking gas and cluster bomb on point (from a safe distance, of course).

it can work if you want to, you just don’t see many people running it because you can’t really hold those ticks with all the stealth you rely on (but then again, if your team is relying on thief to hold a point, it’s a lost cause)

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

[tPvP] Condition thief?

in Thief

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

[tPvP] Condition thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

No, don’t play condi thief unless it’s dire gear p/d for WvW (but that’s really boring). Thieves have too good mobility, burst and active defences to waste their potential on sustained condi combat. Also, your damage is going to be really low; too low.

Eventually, you could go p/d shadow arts for evil stomping and rezzing people in stealth, but this is very team composition dependant. Good fast stomps can turn the tables during a fast-paced match.

Signed, level 1 alt

[tPvP] Condition thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

If you really want a change of pace in PvP, give it a shot. There are worse builds out there and sometimes trying something different can make the game fun again…

…but performance wise, I still think the D/P and S/D meta builds are stronger.

[tPvP] Condition thief?

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

if you want pd go power you’ll be amazed

[tPvP] Condition thief?

in Thief

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

I’ve experienced good success in Tpvp with P/D condi thief. The big part you play is honestly shutting down their glassy damage dealers. Whenever you see them about to strike, just steal up to them and apply confusion (have to be traited right.) I can’t tell you how many times I downed an enemy theif, warrior, Mesmer, or even Ele almost instantly.

It’s also good to swap to when you see that your team comp has no condi pressure. I can remember surprising the enemy team once by shutting down their glass characters and providing a lot of condi pressure. An Engineer once exclaimed, “Where the heck are these condis coming from?”

All that to say, I imagine there are probably better builds to play for condi. But in the right situation, a P/D condi build can actually be quite successful and even needed for your team comp. It’s all about adapting to the situation you’re in.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.