tactic against pro thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

So what can you do when you face 1 of the best thieves eu ? (with legendary , second legendary in progress, high fractal lvl , mediocre sPvP lvl , “major” rank , leaderboard top 200 ) , considering that he is angry cause you just killed him, and he want to lick his wounds ?
It is lame to drag the fight away from his “black powder” ?
find the answer below , after 40 minutes of trolling

Attachments:

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in Thief

Posted by: dani.1956

dani.1956

2-2-2 aint that pro !

in Thief

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

So what can you do when you face 1 of the best thieves eu ? (with legendary , second legendary in progress, high fractal lvl , mediocre sPvP lvl , “major” rank , leaderboard top 200 ) , considering that he is angry cause you just killed him, and he want to lick his wounds ?

Make me day.
BTW Tokinatus is pro Thief he solo captured supply camp http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9MpMKAhDCE =)

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
Oupí lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

in Thief

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

Classic nerd rage, saved these for posterity sake.

Any ways D/D is in almost all cases inferior to D/P. There’s ppl who spam heartseeker like noobs, and there’s ppl who use it smartly, to close a gap, or to create one quickly. If you use the later the 1st thing that will come to an uneducated players mind is “OMG HS SPAM GET GUD SCRUBLORD!”

In a game with only 5 skills its hard to have much variety, this ofcourse leads to why GW2 PvP is a daycare/seseme street tier, I would literally rather watch a WoW PvP match.

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

It’s pretty standard tactics to drag the fight away from black powder when facing D/P thief. Actually once I died a couple of times to a D/P thief while on my S/D thief cuz I stayed close to the black powder and tried to engage him there….

afterwards I thought about it, and realized that is ****ing stupid and never do it anymore. After you realize that one thing, you realize D/P is also a one trick pony.

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: Art.9820

Art.9820

I once spent 10 min in a fight against D/P with my D/D then I got bored and left lol

I do enjoy reading when people complain about 2 spam when D/P is just a spam rotation like a D/D ele lol but all I have to say if is that…. if you keep running away and spamming snares then I will for sure spam 2 on you…. at least until steal or shadow step cd is over lol….

All classes

in Thief

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Make me day.
BTW Tokinatus is pro Thief he solo captured supply camp http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9MpMKAhDCE =)

seriously? that makes a pro thief?

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

in Thief

Posted by: Craig.2403

Craig.2403

I once spent 10 min in a fight against D/P with my D/D then I got bored and left lol

I do enjoy reading when people complain about 2 spam when D/P is just a spam rotation like a D/D ele lol but all I have to say if is that…. if you keep running away and spamming snares then I will for sure spam 2 on you…. at least until steal or shadow step cd is over lol….

D/P is not a rotation if you play it well. The 4 skill is one of the best interrupts in the game and if you don’t use it you’re not being the best you can be. The 3 skill is another blind and also a gap closer. You can also precast backstab into a 3 to get the same effect as precasting it to steal. The difference between D/D and D/P is that D/D is a bit less initiative heavy, allowing you to trait more offensively, and does a bit more damage with cloak and dagger, whereas D/P is a much more defensive weaponset relying on blinds to mitigate damage, and keeping up close to the same damage output as well, but at the cost of a lot more initiative and usually some offensive traits. Honestly, I like D/D a lot more except for the 3 and 4 skills.

Bummkin – ranger | Netherdark – thief | Crescor – mesmer | Gears Up – engi
[TFI]

in Thief

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Make me day.

seriously? that makes a pro thief?

I think he’s being sarcastic, because soloing a supply camp, especially on a Thief is kitten easy.

in Thief

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

D/P is alright. I still prefer D/D in most cases. Even P/D can really screw up D/P users w/ trickster trait @ 16cd scorpion wire to pull them out of the BP, or basilik venom.

in Thief

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

2-2-2 aint that pro !

Exactly

LOL

Keep it up Pro!!

LOL

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

in Thief

Posted by: Redivivus.9253

Redivivus.9253

He is bad. If you can’t solo a camp as a theif you’re so bad. Also I use d/p because of the 4 skill. I have dropped so many people while they are trying to heal. I think d/d is amazing I just prefer the 4 on the pistol. But for something else

“Just a clip of me flipping a camp with my usual wvw spec, excuse the bad quality it’s my first time recording on a mac.”
There goes a lot of credibility. Also, again if they are being a kitten about the fight because you killed him with HS if he is a pro then why did he die to a HS spam? This guy is a joke. A legendary weapon could mean many things too. I can flip TP to buy one, doesn’t make me a good player though. I’m not claiming to be an uber pro either. I just know I would drop him if a HS spam can.

NA Fort Aspenwood
Héllkaizer UM’s #1 officer in the whole world

in Thief

Posted by: Pickles.2908

Pickles.2908

read all the screenshots and regardless of specs and player skills i’m not very impressed with your trolling abilities.

shoulda just set up a duel and recorded it.

XOXO GG

in Thief

Posted by: wish.1027

wish.1027

So you killed this guy, then he followed you around saying youre bad because you use D/D and its worse than D/P? Doesnt that just make him extra pathetic since he lost to an inferior set?

Jade Quarry Warrior Strike Force [SF]
w/ an alt Thief and Guardian.
Math is your friend.

in Thief

Posted by: Budchgon.2108

Budchgon.2108

A few things with this post…

1, Why on earth should ANYONE brag about owning a Legendary as if it makes them somehow better than you? The amount of Legendary owners I have killed !! Does that make me better than them? Should I have bowed down to them because they farmed/bought a Legendary?

2, Does this ‘Pro’ Thief have a job/Life? If he is ‘Pro’ then who pays him??
I thought only the gold farmers were ‘Pro’ gamers in GW2

Lyssia Iceblood of Gandara – I sometimes win… but not often :-(

in Thief

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

This made my day

Some people think ranks and numbers are all that matters, and that it proves that they’re good. Some people have farmed their way to high glory ranks and zerged their way to WvW ranks. The only way to know if they’re good is to duel them.

That thief looked familiar, and he plays on Desolation. Reminds me of one i stomped the other day…

Melder – Thief

in Thief

Posted by: bryandres.6390

bryandres.6390

If you lose to someone who repeats the same thing over and over again, then sorry, you are worse than him.
Btw, Im rank 50 and I still loving the d/d, i use it vs certain comps on Tpvp.

Itächî Spvp R5x.

(edited by bryandres.6390)

in Thief

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

Run away or train, train, train

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Yup I see the problem. You have no stun breakers on your utility bar. Rayya, I am disappoint

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

Another great post, thief section has been good today. Cheers to a d/d out playing a better weapon set.

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

in Thief

Posted by: Tonikor.5637

Tonikor.5637

Ohai guys! It’sa me, toki!

So let’s get one thing straight.
——->; HE DIDN’T KILL ME LOL. <——-

I died 1v5 and later on found this poser luring me out to duel, we dueled and I’ll summarize this for you:

He CnD -> Stab -> 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 regardless of hitting the stab or not.
If he were to hit the stab, he would then stay there spamming 2’s or autoattack, if not he would 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 away with his signet of shadows out of combat to get basilisk back up and free heal-up.
Not much to say about a 16k hp (probably full ptv set) no-stunbreaker scrub thief who cant play but has a cheesy tactic to reset the fights.

After getting him to really low hp and witnessing his “tactic” I decided to go on a trolling rampage, which seems to have worked ^.^

Anyway just thought I’d stop by and clear some things up.

P.S.: That video I made isn’t showing off, it was to compare and try to come to a conclusion wether condi or power was best to clear a camp.

P.S.#2: And for the record, I don’t play D/P for the cheezy stealth abuse. I play it because it’s a superior weaponset with UTILITY (clutch headshot interrupts, shadowshot gap closer (which is huge since thief lacks the constant swiftness every other class has), shadowshot-backstabs and blindfield) not just to spam hurr hurr 5 2 2 2 endlessly.

(edited by Tonikor.5637)

in Thief

Tonikor.5637

mediocre sPvP lvl , “major” rank , leaderboard top 200 )

I would love to see what rank you are to be calling 46 mediocre :P

Oh and by the way, its Bronze Invader now.

in Thief

Posted by: Jakare.6807

Jakare.6807

So you lost a duel with a d/d thief using the most obviously telegraphed opener a thief can do, basilisk – CnD- steal- backstab, followed by an escaping heartseeker spam? Did you try headshotting him during the heartseekers? Or using shadow shot? Or any kind of shadowstep? D/d is unfortunately restricted to using heartseeker as their only gap closer/extender, but signet of shadows + 2222 isn’t some incredible escape move that’s impossible to catch up with or counter. I have centaur runes and use withdraw for the swiftness on low cooldown heal, with infiltrator signet on 24 sec cooldown, and I have still had thieves keep pace with me when I have been in full retreat mode – withdraw, swiftness heartseeker and 900 range shadowstep.

Úchî/Aulrathil
[TI] Team Ignition (Gandara)

in Thief

Tonikor.5637

How am I supposed to headshot heartseekers when he goes into stealth and starts 2222222’ing away from 2k yards when visible? (Blinding powder+Last refuge stacks stealth, on top of him using signet of shadows solely for the purpose of going out of combat).

And I don’t know where you’re getting this whole “so you lost a duel” thing when I was the one chasing someone going out of combat to heal up

in Thief

Posted by: ESKan.6782

ESKan.6782

I wish I could hop out of combat to heal up while mid-combat.

[PD] – Far Shiverpeaks.
Nameless Inversion/Ascension/Evasion/Ruination/Impression/Perdition/Compassion/Tactician
Guild Wars 2 will be an amazing game when it’s finished. Compare Prophecies to EotN!

in Thief

Posted by: Jormin.2761

Jormin.2761

Anyone else open this thread hoping to find discussion on actual counter-play and not children bickering amongst themselves? Threads like this are why I’m this close to leaving this class/game.

in Thief

Tonikor.5637

Anyone else open this thread hoping to find discussion on actual counter-play and not children bickering amongst themselves? Threads like this are why I’m this close to leaving this class/game.

You’re better off quitting the class/game if you come to the forums in hopes to find a “special move”, “tactic” or “trick” to face off against quote “pro thieves”. Rather than learning how to play. Good to see those 33,000 wvw kills granted you experience!

in Thief

Rayya.2591

So let’s get one thing straight.
——->; HE DIDN’T KILL ME LOL. <——-

I died 1v5 and later on found this poser luring me out to duel, we dueled and I’ll summarize this for you:

He CnD -> Stab -> 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 regardless of hitting the stab or not.
If he were to hit the stab, he would then stay there spamming 2’s or autoattack, if not he would 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 away with his signet of shadows out of combat to get basilisk back up and free heal-up.
Not much to say about a 16k hp (probably full ptv set) no-stunbreaker scrub thief who cant play but has a cheesy tactic to reset the fights.

After getting him to really low hp and witnessing his “tactic” I decided to go on a trolling rampage, which seems to have worked ^.^

Anyway just thought I’d stop by and clear some things up.

P.S.: That video I made isn’t showing off, it was to compare and try to come to a conclusion wether condi or power was best to clear a camp.

P.S.#2: And for the record, I don’t play D/P for the cheezy stealth abuse. I play it because it’s a superior weaponset with UTILITY (clutch headshot interrupts, shadowshot gap closer (which is huge since thief lacks the constant swiftness every other class has), shadowshot-backstabs and blindfield) not just to spam hurr hurr 5 2 2 2 endlessly.

is all good man , i am on your side
it is not easy to fight against those HS spammers ( and by irony , run out of initiative before them )
I’ve got an PTV build , 16k hp man – check it out
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYEQJAoImQ2KUhcPAAA4p6eAAAQVB-jUxAorAm9KiGbZrIasKbM1LRUNA-w
P.S. the trolling rampage is ? i am pro – i got legendary , rank major, lvl 46 spvp , you noob – or is emo rampage ?

no.1 WvW kills

(edited by Rayya.2591)

in Thief

Rayya.2591

we were in an duel ?

no.1 WvW kills

in Thief

Tonikor.5637

You really gonna try to use that to excuse running out of combat to heal up several times? ^^ You’re just as pathetic here as you were in the duel.

Jumping around luring someone into the windmill, /bowing and then fighting. Yea thats a duel.

But hey! I’m willing to duel you again provided you consider running out of combat on purpose forfeiting

(edited by Tonikor.5637)

in Thief

Rayya.2591

So how many duels we did ? o.O , since i’ve resetted combat every time i saw you /bow and re-engage

But hey! I’m willing to duel you again provided you consider running out of combat on purpose forfeiting

Have you improved ? or i will be able to troll you again?
call me on facebook , when you are ready

no.1 WvW kills

in Thief

Tonikor.5637

So after whispering you quite a few times after you posted this. You ignored and I even saw you move from a zone to another.

Dodge duel! LOL!

Now match ups changed, if you wanna duel in spvp gimme a call kkthnxbye scrub.