theif still op

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

i was hoping the patch would nerf all the things about the theif that were brokenly overpowered, sadly this was not the case.

they still can engage and escape without consequence with stealth while 3 to 6 people chase after them looking like fools because they can do nothing to stop them

they still do overwhelming damage to a single target thats broken by comparison to anyone else

they still chase down a target so easily with their constant dagger leaps and high no cooldowns

im aware that this is where theifs usually go to ask eachother how to be more OP so yea bring on the backlash…and dont say that ranger counters stealth…..it doesnt

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: lolabelle.9734

lolabelle.9734

You said it well enough in your post “single target”

Move along

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: lolabelle.9734

lolabelle.9734

Oh and “high no cooldowns”
Yup. You sound very smart

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

i was hoping the patch would nerf all the things about the theif that were brokenly overpowered, sadly this was not the case.

they still can engage and escape without consequence with stealth while 3 to 6 people chase after them looking like fools because they can do nothing to stop them

they still do overwhelming damage to a single target thats broken by comparison to anyone else

they still chase down a target so easily with their constant dagger leaps and high no cooldowns

im aware that this is where theifs usually go to ask eachother how to be more OP so yea bring on the backlash…and dont say that ranger counters stealth…..it doesnt

1. You were hoping our stealth, evades and high single target damage would be nerfed, so you want free loot bags? Up levelds are there for that

2. If the thief disengaged, that’s a loss. And don’t group all thieves together. DP thieves are known for that, SD SP and maybe even DD thieves are in it to win it and cant escape easily. This is because DP can stealth at will. If they carry Shadow refuge and 3-6 people cant knock him out of it, something was wrong and you guys honestly deserved to be made into “fools”.

3.Thats what we are supposed to do, so while they are bursting one person, the other 2 to 5 should have been bursting him, oh and warriors say hello.

4. An experienced thief will not waste initiative chasing someone down for fear they will double back and retaliate when we are on our “cooldown”. Oh and initiative has its drawbacks, try a thief out sometime. Complain about Shadowstep steal and shadowsot (or Infil signet or Infil strike) or complain about spam, but dont complain about both, in fact, dont complain about any.

5. We dont ask each other how to be more OP, we normally ask each other how to even stand a chance since posts like this crippled us severely. Most thieves here dare I say arent even that classic cookiecutter backstab build so yeah. Oh and you’re a ranger? Thieves counter rangers, screw Sic’ Em. So it’s like a mouse complaining cats are OP, but even the cats have dogs to worry about. And I’ve seen some really nice rangers before so this is my first time saying it but it’s a l2p thing. Good day

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: gartz.7013

gartz.7013

don’t worry they gave us 10% damage reduction and some poop gm traits..sorry we tweak our builds and try to adapt to new changes

solo cheese engi/ex teef

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Hey guys, dont be kittens. At least someone felt like putting up the daily teef OP thread. Dukenukems i commend you

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

theif still op

in Thief

RedSpectrum.1975

Hey guys, dont be kittens. At least someone felt like putting up the daily teef OP thread. Dukenukems i commend you

Looks at my post, I said we’re cats, not kittens >_>

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

But kittens are cute -_-

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

A class with a so bad, broken and weak traitline, like acrobatic, cant be “OP”.

Oh and another thing:
The title says “thief is OP”, but you wrote about stealth. Make up your mind.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Atleast he finished the forum daily of posting a thief nerf thread. How many laurels do you get for that btw?

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

But kittens are cute -_-

Kittens are pre-evil.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

theif still op

in Thief

RedSpectrum.1975

But kittens are cute -_-

Kittens are pre-evil.

Also OP with the cute distractions

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

Teef will always be OP when decribed as the totality of every build rolled into one mega build and compared to any one build of any other class.

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Oh and another thing:

The thief is OP because of stealth. How’s that?

Its clear that thieves enjoy their OPness. Just look at thieves crying about not being able to two shot an Ele anymore. Or “My backstab only does xxxxxx damage now instead of yyyyyy.”

And when people figure out how the new trait giving +200 power when attacking from stealth works I’m sure it will be OP too.

I was honestly hoping to see them give thieves other options besides stealth. But 3/5 of the new traits are bonuses to (ab)using stealth.

I do like the new Ele trait where you can’t be critted upon while in Earth. Take that you theives!

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: llXUnkownXll.8370

llXUnkownXll.8370

Oh and another thing:

The thief is OP because of stealth. How’s that?

Its clear that thieves enjoy their OPness. Just look at thieves crying about not being able to two shot an Ele anymore. Or “My backstab only does xxxxxx damage now instead of yyyyyy.”

And when people figure out how the new trait giving +200 power when attacking from stealth works I’m sure it will be OP too.

I was honestly hoping to see them give thieves other options besides stealth. But 3/5 of the new traits are bonuses to (ab)using stealth.

I do like the new Ele trait where you can’t be critted upon while in Earth. Take that you theives!

But that is the exact thing we were trying to say. To get that trait for the +200 power, we would lower our survivability since we have to fully apply a GM trait that could be used for survivability. Then now, other classes are lowering our effectiveness leaving us with nothing but stealth as our specialty, which then would be called " Teef be OOOOPPPP"

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: Stompy.1387

Stompy.1387

My god, can nobody on this forum identify a troll?

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: Runewolf.8456

Runewolf.8456

can’t tell if trolling or srs.

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: Scribbles.3974

Scribbles.3974

cmon guys…..his name is duke nukem…..what did you expect?

Dark Lotusblossom – 80 Thief
Bedroom Knights. [Sock]
Sea of Sorrows

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

hmmm seems about the same intellect as the others that have been complaining about the thief.

OP, can you please formulate what you want nerfed about the thief, so I can record it in my list of things to nerf.

Yup folks, this post is legit. Oh yeah….. TEEF 4eva OP! YOLO

(Few posts down, a thread asking if thief is the weakest class…. a bit further down a post asking if a broken/rarely used set will get some love)
(Wonder how long it will take for this post to get infracted…. if anything, cya in a ~week guys)

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

Omg running away from people is so OP. Maybe engaging them is OP too? Thief will always be OP against bads who think stealth= invul.

Isn’t this why all the Thieves come to the Warrior forum to complain about the one class they can’t out run in land speed? Ironic much?

theif still op

in Thief

RedSpectrum.1975

Omg running away from people is so OP. Maybe engaging them is OP too? Thief will always be OP against bads who think stealth= invul.

Isn’t this why all the Thieves come to the Warrior forum to complain about the one class they can’t out run in land speed? Ironic much?

I would complain too if I was a very fast runner and wore relatively light gear with the powers to teleport and some dude in freaking 100lb armor just darted past me despite my abilities.

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: Dustin.2793

Dustin.2793

Magic Toker // Thief // The Abjured
http://www.twitch.tv/magictoker

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

yea most of these comments just confirmed what i already knew. theifs are greedy power hungry players who wont take a proper nerf with any dignity. they need one, they still need one

even if these complaints of mine describe seperate things about a few theif builds they are still OP seperate and need attention

but im afraid thats not the case i see most of them all at once

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: Virilunt.5619

Virilunt.5619

@Duke Nukem
Theifs are not greedy power hungry players, not in the slighest. We have been nerfed and changed since day 1 because of people like you who QQ about a class that really is not that hard to kill. I think we would all like to know what class you play as It would make for a GREAT laugh . Theifs without stealth is pretty useless. We only have a certain amount of evades and the lowest defenses outside of that. So please take your QQ thread and go elsewhere and let the Theif community share thoughts and builds of how to wrap our heads around this new patch/meta. Cheers

theif still op

in Thief

NinjaEd.3946

hmmm seems about the same intellect as the others that have been complaining about the thief.

OP, can you please formulate what you want nerfed about the thief, so I can record it in my list of things to nerf.

Yup folks, this post is legit. Oh yeah….. TEEF 4eva OP! YOLO

(Few posts down, a thread asking if thief is the weakest class…. a bit further down a post asking if a broken/rarely used set will get some love)
(Wonder how long it will take for this post to get infracted…. if anything, cya in a ~week guys)

Although anet will likely take your post as mocking, I think you’re doing them solid. Plus it means if in the near future (2016+) if they decide to start merging the repeated thief nerf posts they have a place to put them.

I don’t get how they merge or remove posts that are related to the same thing but when it comes to thief nerfs its all spread. Is it something they puff a pipe to and sip on whiskey while laughing in a rich mans tone? I can’t possibly see this many “TEEF OP, #logicabsent” being productive in any way.

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: aderfiaAE.2641

aderfiaAE.2641

if u cant beat some1 doesnt make him op

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: patricide.1062

patricide.1062

yea most of these comments just confirmed what i already knew. theifs are greedy power hungry players who wont take a proper nerf with any dignity. they need one, they still need one

even if these complaints of mine describe seperate things about a few theif builds they are still OP seperate and need attention

As a fellow Ele I ask that you stop QQing in the Thief forums. It makes us competent Ele’s look bad. If you can’t beat a Thief as an Ele then you have some serious L2P issues. Post patch I two-shot glass Thieves. Maybe 3-4 if they have a little survivability. Oh, and there’s this cool neat-o-riffic thing-a-ma-jigger called Area of Effect. You have AOE control AND damage, which is the bane of all Thieves. It’s incredibly easy to knock a Thief out of their SR as an Ele. When they go invis just start dropping AOE. If they BS, count to two and dodge roll. If they BP+HS, drop AOE and get ready with your stun-breakers and controls. It’s really that easy. You just have to be patient and wait for the Thief to make a fatal mistake.

Support Guardian – D/D Ele
[Rawr] – HoD

theif still op

in Thief

patricide.1062

My Thief friends: you need a buff. It’s ridiculous how many solid, viable Thief builds have been nerfed. The QQer baddies don’t understand that their constant whining is what got us to this place to begin with. You see so many Backstab, Perma-stealth, and Condi Bunker builds these days because there are so few viable builds because of QQ.

/sigh

<3

[Rawr] – HoD

theif still op

in Thief

Dustfinger.9510

Please elaborate. Which super-build are these thieves using so I can start playing mine again?

theif still op

in Thief

RedSpectrum.1975

My Thief friends: you need a buff. It’s ridiculous how many solid, viable Thief builds have been nerfed. The QQer baddies don’t understand that their constant whining is what got us to this place to begin with. You see so many Backstab, Perma-stealth, and Condi Bunker builds these days because there are so few viable builds because of QQ.

/sigh

<3

Sadly I think with the ferocity change, you’ll se even less backstabbers…so we can all say hi to a rise in DP PD condi maybe PD power and a spike in swords

then they’ll see. The only thing more annoying than tryin to hit someone you cannot see is trying to hit someone you can but still can’t hit

@Dustfinger, it’s the 6/6/6/6/6 build….

theif still op

in Thief

patricide.1062

/sigh

<3

Sadly I think with the ferocity change, you’ll se even less backstabbers…so we can all say hi to a rise in DP PD condi maybe PD power and a spike in swords

then they’ll see. The only thing more annoying than tryin to hit someone you cannot see is trying to hit someone you can but still can’t hit

@Dustfinger, it’s the 6/6/6/6/6 build….

Yeah, I’ve come across a few S/D Thieves that are impossible to lock down. They never stealth and they just evade every thing you do and wear you down with boon strips and constant damage. It’s not like getting hit for 6k with a BS, but see how long you can last without boons when a super-evade Thief hits you for 1-1.5k every second while evading. It’s a tough fight, and a fight I greatly enjoy. Those are the Thieves I like coming across and more often than not, win or lose, I whisper them and ask them for fights in OS so I can have fun fights.

QQ more, guys. Just wait until a bunker condi Thief puts 5 stacks of confusion, poison, stacks of bleed, 3 stacks of torment and whatever else they can pull out of their kittens. After you have died a horrible death pat yourselves on the back and remember the good ’ole days when you could two shot a backstab Thief.

[Rawr] – HoD

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

In support of my thief guild members; they want to remind everyone that, thieves will remain Op with their Perma-stealths for a very very very long time in this game.

And we the community must face the reality and move on to other stealth challenging and class balancing mmo’s who values their community concerns.

(2 years of false hope and deception, is enough for me to take that Great Opportunity).

why not!!

" When you slice the truth too thin, you deceive "

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: epborden.7492

epborden.7492

Thieves are not OP. All you need is some confusion and condition cleanse. If you’re a warrior like me, the ultimate way to kill thieves is using Distracting Strikes and a few interrupt skills to apply confusion. This works best with a condition focused build. They can cleanse everything except confusion. Since they are required to spam skills to even stay alive lots of confusion kills them in no time. If you combine that with the other conditions they melt like butter. It is actually pretty laughable.

If you want to kill a thief, then you have to know how to fight a thief. Thieves rely on stealth and “getting away”. Always keep your eye on them. Why they stealth create distance between them. They might be “invisible” but you just need to add distance. If you can leap or run away from them while they stealth they you are just counting the seconds until stealth gives up. When they try to dagger leap at you over and over just prepare a stun and then catch them in the middle of a dagger leap in reverse. Lay some damage on them. It’s actually pretty simple. Once you learn how to fight a thief, you can see how weak they are.

(edited by epborden.7492)

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

In support of my thief guild members; they want to remind everyone that, thieves will remain Op with their Perma-stealths for a very very very long time in this game.

And we the community must face the reality and move on to other stealth challenging and class balancing mmo’s who values their community concerns.

(2 years of false hope and deception is enough for me to tale that Great Opportunity).

why not!!

Be gone Deceiver!

We have witnessed the true nature of the the real oppressors

Those who would play a class that has access to godmode condi-evasion are the same who would suppress the voices of the poor thief when they try to expose them for the phonies they are!

Honest rangers admit they’re OP

The rangers in my guild laugh over vent when a “stupid thief” tries to fight or run.

You, sir, must look in the mirror and witness the vitriol and bile which you spew at the weak!

As the saying goes “he who points their fingers at others should first point the finger at themselves

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

(2 years of false hope and deception, is enough for me to take that Great Opportunity).

why not!!

" When you slice the truth too thin, you deceive "

Ay! Be gone you deciever!

Our days of blindness of your opperssion upon us are gone.

We have revealed the truth behind the ranger, and we now know your nature.

I see, you have plotted this for 2 years… 2 years you have deceived us!

And now, you’re going to take that “Great” Opportunity…. well….

We will ensure that the world of evil and injustice never prevails but instead burns and falls!

You’re a heretic of justice and truth, be gone you deceiver… be gone!

As the saying goes: “Truth always floats up, like cream

Anyone in the community unsure of what’s going on… please have a look at this thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/Thieves-and-stealth/first#post3896351

There’s method in our madness… Or at least, it’s fun
Thanks frans for the “like cream”, you should try this it’s fun.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Uhuh, you’ve been moving to those other MMO’s for the past year or so.

As the saying goes: “Truth always floats up

Like cream.

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

bad thieves, bad thieves, lowest HP pool, most squishy class in game and you dare to kill?
That should be ban worthy.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

theif still op

in Thief

Burnfall.9573

Sincerely,

I don’t blame you for having fun and enjoying your God Given class,

i seriously don’t

what is not fun and enjoyable is how we: the remaining classes: (excluding warrior),, were put here to be killed by you

we’ve waited too long,

no helper,

no comforter,

no one savior

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

theif still op

in Thief

NinjaEd.3946

Sincerely,

I don’t blame you for having fun and enjoying your God Given class,

i seriously don’t

what is not fun and enjoyable is how we: the remaining classes: (excluding warrior),, were put here to be killed by you

we’ve waited too long,

no helper,

no comforter,

no one savior

Uhh……

hm…..

I will not….

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Theifs without stealth is pretty useless.

While not entirely true, this is the problem. You hit the nail on the head. This is why you see all the thief QQ threads. All the calls to nerf thief.

While I hate thieves, I ultimately blame Anet for putting such a horrible mechanic in the game to begin with and subsequently for failing to fix it for 2 freakin years.

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: ShadowNinja.1238

ShadowNinja.1238

Thief is the least of your worries. PU condi mesmer or even just PU is OP. Warriors in full cavalier, have fun with trying to tickle them to death.

Play power block mesmer interrupt heartseeker or CnD congrats you won the duel.

Why don’t you play thief and realise it’s not easy to manage initiative and to all the people who complain about heartseeker spam, it got nerfed and buffed at the same time.

All you QQers are the reason thief gets nerfed every single patch.

theif still op

in Thief

Burnfall.9573

Thief is the least of your worries. PU condi mesmer or even just PU is OP. Warriors in full cavalier, have fun with trying to tickle them to death.

Play power block mesmer interrupt heartseeker or CnD congrats you won the duel.

Why don’t you play thief and realise it’s not easy to manage initiative and to all the people who complain about heartseeker spam, it got nerfed and buffed at the same time.

All you QQers are the reason thief gets nerfed every single patch.

Without a redesign/rework of thief class, every “Nerf” this class get is a joke to us: the remaining class (excluding OP warrior).

why joke?

Perma-stealth, Perma-mobility, Perma-Everything, Unlimited Condition removal in stealth, OP Outrageous Bursts… will still remain.

do you get the joke now

theif still op

in Thief

Dustfinger.9510

Perma-stealth, Perma-mobility, Perma-Everything, Unlimited Condition removal in stealth, OP Outrageous Bursts.

Wait, this is the 6/6/6/6/6 build?

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: HeNnAz.8913

HeNnAz.8913

This guy plays a ranger for sure, no one that kittened can’t resist the sweet aroma of badness and bearbow that is ranger. Please /uninstall OP.

It’s ya boy fred.
I’ll suck volcanus for stability.

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

This guy plays a ranger for sure, no one that kittened can’t resist the sweet aroma of badness and bearbow that is ranger. Please /uninstall OP.

cough

see signature for ranger eating thieves for breakfast

theif still op

in Thief

HeNnAz.8913

cough

It’s a joke you may not understand.

It’s ya boy fred.

theif still op

in Thief

Viking Jorun.5413

cough

I know. Bearbows are the joke. It just seems as though many thieves think rangers are free kills, and while that’s true for the majority (they’re bad. Coming from thief I was appalled at how terrible the majority of rangers are compared to newb thieves who just like big numbers) of rangers, that assumption will get you killed 9 times out of 10 against any competent player.

theif still op

in Thief

HeNnAz.8913

cough

And it wasn’t actually that good :/ all you did was finish off a thief who was silly enough to engage 3 at mid point anyway, even if he was trying to troll cap it really wasn’t a smart thing to do. Oh well goodjob anyway?

It’s ya boy fred.

theif still op

in Thief

HeNnAz.8913

cough

I know. Bearbows are the joke. It just seems as though many thieves think rangers are free kills, and while that’s true for the majority (they’re bad. Coming from thief I was appalled at how terrible the majority of rangers are compared to newb thieves who just like big numbers) of rangers, that assumption will get you killed 9 times out of 10 against any competent player.

No no the joke is that if you’re in a hardcore WvW guild, rangers aren’t wanted and should Uninstall, and I can tell you from playing almost all classes at 80, rangers are one of the hardest to duel. Anyone who thinks they can step on a ranger either has massive experience playing one or is playing warrior w/mace+shield Hammer.. you know the utilities.

It’s ya boy fred.

theif still op

in Thief

Viking Jorun.5413

cough

And it wasn’t actually that good :/ all you did was finish off a thief who was silly enough to engage 3 at mid point anyway, even if he was trying to troll cap it really wasn’t a smart thing to do. Oh well goodjob anyway?

I realize that. See my latest video for a fair 1v1 against a competent thief. This one just shows that Shadow Refuge isn’t a get out of jail free card, like most assume. I can’t fathom how many times I’ve knocked a thief out of shadow refuge using simple camera placement as if I were playing a ranged action RPG with a crosshair.