thief in pve [solo running]

in Thief

Posted by: ShinigamiPL.4086

ShinigamiPL.4086

Q:

Hi guys – I’v got a quick question – how do you feel about thief in pve running solo in current state of the class?

I’m looking for some change in gameplay because so far i’ve been focusing on engi (pve/pvp/wvw) and now i strongly consider to play as a thief as my new alt. I would like to focus on pve only -especially season 2 story and HoT story and possibly fractals In case of pvp and wvw i would stay with engi. The reason i’m asking is because i’ve tried 1 or 2 missions from season 2 (i’ve never done it before) as engi and i found out that they seem to be much harder and challenging than regular story mode or just running through the map. And so far engi was very convinient as a solo player . On the other hand i don’t mind some challenge – just not sure if it’s possible at all to complete pve without significant obstacles.
much appreciate for your help

in Thief

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

You might get some flack from teammates in fractals or dungeons, so be sure to join a team that is willing to bring a thief along.

As far as other PvE content, thief is at a disadvantage but but still perfectly viable if you like the challenge. Playing a thief will turn you into a master dodger and make you a better player.

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.

in Thief

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

It works alright. Im perfectly fine in fractals up to 100, have no problems in the open world and also solo’ed everything storywise so far. Actually I did not understand why so many people had problems with the hot end fight. Appearently it was really hard to solo with any class but thief. I was upset I needed a second try whilst other people spent hours and hours.

in Thief

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

Staff + healing signet + invigorating precision makes any solo pve content easy as hell, i wouldn’t worry.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

in Thief

ShinigamiPL.4086

thank you guys for your feedback. So i just need to unlock daredevil then

in Thief

Posted by: Qasa.7293

Qasa.7293

Map exploring and skipping trash on thief is the fastest ever of any class with perma swiftness on Unhindered Combatant trait + shortbow 5 + Channeled Vigor

(edited by Qasa.7293)

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

You might actually find thief easier than some other classes, use IP and get big heals while running around in full dps gear.

I haven’t seen people trashing thieves in pugs for dungeons/fractals for long time. With dungeon gold nerf, the pugs’ expectations are so low that they are willing to stay in almost any party, even if the thief has no idea about skips/breakbar, let alone pathing, most will ignore it.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Thief

ShinigamiPL.4086

After 10 days of playing as a thief(s) i have some mixed up feeling. Yeah – class is great, traveling with shortbow is fast and i really enjoy finding new shortcuts with teleports. Also as mentioned above – skipping the enemies, opening guarded chests is so convenient! Definitely its gonna be my new character for pve. But unfortunately i found out that its not easy to pick appropriate race for this shadow master. I started as norn female (i admit that t3 cult armor was main reason) and it all seemed fine until i heard the voice of my lady (i was so suprised that i even googled voice actor for norn female) . My thief looked like goddess, but her voice didnt match at all. Then i decided to give a try for my old thief who was created long time ago just to check skills for pvp and was moved to alternative banking department (aka storage ) This time voice was nice but size in jump puzzles or HoT content became a problem. From my perspective I needed to jump from the air and i needed to land in the air, so sorry asura, you go back to storage role. Currently im almost sure that all this new experience will not be fulfilled – charr male seems to be only option – so i will have exactly the same as my Charrzooka-engi…

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

After 10 days of playing as a thief(s) i have some mixed up feeling. Yeah – class is great, traveling with shortbow is fast and i really enjoy finding new shortcuts with teleports. Also as mentioned above – skipping the enemies, opening guarded chests is so convenient! Definitely its gonna be my new character for pve. But unfortunately i found out that its not easy to pick appropriate race for this shadow master. I started as norn female (i admit that t3 cult armor was main reason) and it all seemed fine until i heard the voice of my lady (i was so suprised that i even googled voice actor for norn female) . My thief looked like goddess, but her voice didnt match at all. Then i decided to give a try for my old thief who was created long time ago just to check skills for pvp and was moved to alternative banking department (aka storage ) This time voice was nice but size in jump puzzles or HoT content became a problem. From my perspective I needed to jump from the air and i needed to land in the air, so sorry asura, you go back to storage role. Currently im almost sure that all this new experience will not be fulfilled – charr male seems to be only option – so i will have exactly the same as my Charrzooka-engi…

lol, my very first character in gw2 was a norn female thief. I even went for the biggest body size available. Her chest armour would hide two asuras but you woudn’t even notice :P

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Thief

Posted by: erebuss.5294

erebuss.5294

Are there any newer leveling guides for thieves out there?

in Thief

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

Daredevil is the best class in the game for open world pve. You have by far the best mobility of any class, and then can have good sustain and defense while still doing high damage.

I haven’t leveled a thief from scratch in a long time, so about that I am not sure.

in Thief

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

For leveling, sword + Pistol used to be the best, I don’t think it changed much.

Sword offers the most cleave on the autos, pistol autos gives black powder to tank ennemy very easily, and pistol whip is evade + good damage on stuff that doesn’t mvoe out of it.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.