travelers rune

travelers rune

in Thief

Posted by: Gaudion.9534

Gaudion.9534

Hi,

Currently using divinity runes in my set.
Thinking about switching to travelers to free up a utility slot.

The important question is, does the traveler move speed bonus still work when you are in a battle?

travelers rune

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Yes, any passive speed buff works in and out of combat, think of it as signet of shadows without the blind and utility space take up

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

travelers rune

in Thief

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

I’m also thinking about this. I’m not sure what I will put in the SoS-slot, but anyways:

Currently I have ruby orb on my armor, anyone know how much I will loose damage-vise?

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

travelers rune

in Thief

Posted by: Interceptor.2653

Interceptor.2653

Before you folks throw down 60g for a set of Traveler’s, keep in mind that the next balance patch (whenever it lands) is going to contain the Ferocity change (for crit damage) and rune/sigil re-balancing. Trav’s might conceivably end up getting worse if they re-jigger the stat budget on it.

Assassin’s Retreat is a decent trait to take if you need overland movement speed on the cheap.

travelers rune

in Thief

mompen.7952

Yeah, I think I’ll just wait then ;-) lol ^^

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

travelers rune

in Thief

Posted by: Duka.5864

Duka.5864

actually they don’t work in combat nor signet of shadows!
only 10 in acro (fleet shadow) works!
and swiftness ofc!

(edited by Duka.5864)

travelers rune

in Thief

Posted by: Rage.2017

Rage.2017

Ofc traveler runes and signet of shadows work infight. You will be faster than someone who is infight as well and does not have +25% speed. I’ve tested it several times. Otherwise it would not make sense to waste 60g or a utility slot for it…

travelers rune

in Thief

Posted by: stinkypants.8419

stinkypants.8419

Yeah, I think overall combat speed slows down for everyone, but you’d still be faster with traveler runes than without.

(Alvyn | Crystal Desert )

travelers rune

in Thief

Posted by: Rage.2017

Rage.2017

That is right.

/15

travelers rune

in Thief

RedSpectrum.1975

That is right.

/15

Correct

travelers rune

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

All these ppl that say that some speed boost (including fleet shadow) doesn’t work in combat or is less effective in combat miss out the fact that actual in combat speed is slower. You don’t lose the bonus speed you are getting from runes/traits/boons, you lose your actual default speed.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

travelers rune

in Thief

Posted by: Gaudion.9534

Gaudion.9534

Id pick blinding powder for that freed up slot. Makes sense, guess ill wait out the rune patch.

Is there a link about this patch? Cant seem to find any info.

travelers rune

in Thief

Posted by: Interceptor.2653

Interceptor.2653

Is there a link about this patch? Cant seem to find any info.

They put it in kind of a dumb place, and not stickied. Can find a thread on it here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/Feature-Build-Balance-Preview/first#post3568077

travelers rune

in Thief

Duka.5864

All these ppl that say that some speed boost (including fleet shadow) doesn’t work in combat or is less effective in combat miss out the fact that actual in combat speed is slower. You don’t lose the bonus speed you are getting from runes/traits/boons, you lose your actual default speed.

SOOO what did you say right now?

travelers rune

in Thief

Duka.5864

well i tried it out (travelers runs) loss of speed is noticeable whit your own eye if you are not blind,the same thing goes with signet of shadows! your best friend for movement speed in combat is 10 in acro ,any bs build should have it ,your efficiency in landing bs will be higher for 50% at least! Signet of shadows is way much better then travelers rune insta blind +5stcks of might!Well that is just my opinion i cant say how many time signet save my life! use what you like do what you like!

travelers rune

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

You move faster in Combat with +25% bonus from Runes or Signet. Regardless of what the actual movement speed ends up as, you still move faster than you would without them.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

travelers rune

in Thief

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

well i tried it out (travelers runs) loss of speed is noticeable whit your own eye if you are not blind,the same thing goes with signet of shadows! your best friend for movement speed in combat is 10 in acro ,any bs build should have it ,your efficiency in landing bs will be higher for 50% at least! Signet of shadows is way much better then travelers rune insta blind +5stcks of might!Well that is just my opinion i cant say how many time signet save my life! use what you like do what you like!

With traveler runes you can just pop Blinding Powder as the 3rd utility rather than the signet, which is definitely better than the signet with a free chance of entering stealth while blinding the enemies as well.

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

travelers rune

in Thief

Duka.5864

With traveler runes you can just pop Blinding Powder as the 3rd utility rather than the signet, which is definitely better than the signet with a free chance of entering stealth while blinding the enemies as well.

well i just like signet more!

travelers rune

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

well i just like signet more!

Well, stahp liking things other people dun’t.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

travelers rune

in Thief

Posted by: Morpheoz.9452

Morpheoz.9452

Hello

This very intersting post generated a few questions for me:

1. Is there a cap on runspeed out of stealth in and out of combat, and in stealth in and out of combat?

2. Does speedboost from Traveler runes, signet of shadows, Fleet shadow and expeditious dodger stack ?

Cheerz

Morpheoz

Human Thief / Morpheoz
Charr Warrior / Morphoux
– Far Shiver Peaks –

travelers rune

in Thief

RedSpectrum.1975

Hello

This very intersting post generated a few questions for me:

1. Is there a cap on runspeed out of stealth in and out of combat, and in stealth in and out of combat?

2. Does speedboost from Traveler runes, signet of shadows, Fleet shadow and expeditious dodger stack ?

Cheerz

Morpheoz

Is youre talking about the trait, then the cap is 50%, ive never used it though since its hard for me to tell if its actually 50 or 33 but someone can answer that. and no speed bonuses do not stack, it will always be 25% unless swiftness is applied, then it will be 33% until the swiftness is gone, then its back to 25% no matter how many run bonuses you have

travelers rune

in Thief

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

There isn’t a “cap” per se, just that we have very limited methods to increase in speed. The acrobatic trait to run 50% faster in stealth is our fastest option. And yes, it’s definitely faster than the Swiftness buff, which makes you run 33% faster. Just pop stealth while Swiftness is on and you’ll see a very obvious increase in running speed.

To the discussion about the signet vs traveler runes: the dilemna comes from whether you want other runes such as lyssa runes instead. I have both set with lyssa runes and traveler runes, and still dunno which is more optimal for myself.

I think for Traveler runes, it’s optimal if you are running 30 in Shadow Arts since you have an additional method of condition cleanse. But if you have no other forms of condition cleanse, Lyssa Runes is often invaluable just as a surprise factor against condition heavy users and getting out of a pinch (immob alone can often kill you, and lyssa runes + basilisk can turn the table almost immediately). Then again, thieves aren’t exactly the best against the condition meta, so perhaps having lyssa runes will only prolong the inevitable. :/

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

(edited by Tachii.3506)

travelers rune

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

SOOO what did you say right now?

You said that travelers and signet of shadows don’t work in combat. I denied that and said that EVERYTHING works in combat. So?

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

travelers rune

in Thief

Posted by: animalmom.1062

animalmom.1062

i took devourer venom for 3rd slot and it changed my life (for dd) – other 2 are LR and SS

travelers rune

in Thief

Duka.5864

i took devourer venom for 3rd slot and it changed my life (for dd) – other 2 are LR and SS

HIVE MIND —-——>90%OF GW2 Players! i used divinity,travelers,lyssa,ogre,wurm,and now i use beryl orbs!http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-c;4RwV0-N53PFd0;9;49TJ9-2;015B23-5;35-k0W;9u-FTFAs0T;1VhVlWqXv2147a-kVJV2q;617V-17V;9;9;9-777777-k;2k0;43-6d in wvw you can change your Utility when ever you want i bet you know that! If that one slot changed your life you get to ask your self do you have a life! lol

travelers rune

in Thief

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

In one of the updates Anet said they want to make the 6th bonus more worth while, I wonder if they also will change this runeset.

travelers rune

in Thief

mompen.7952

Are you guys still using this set? I threw it on the shelf for Strenght runes and the might-stacking (60g wasted. But I did expect this tho).

I miss the feeling of not having to switch out SoS all the time..

travelers rune

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Why would you bump a 2 months old thread?

Divinity Runes have been notoriously overrated for years. But they were a decent choice (albeit expensive) before the patch where they gave a rather generous amount of crit-damage.

Now they give half as much Crit-Damage and the other stats were never hugely interesting. You’d get more DPS out of most other Power-based Runes.

Especially since Traveler Runes, Divinity Runes have been a subpar choice.

travelers rune

in Thief

Posted by: godmoney.6025

godmoney.6025

I dumped my traveller’s runes last night in favor of a more power based set (Ogre, might try Strength later on). My reasoning was a.) I’m always in a party of 3 or more players so keeping up swiftness isn’t really a big problem. I don’t run SoS anyway to make up for the loss in speed. b.) I wanted more damage

La Fantoma – Aurora Glade

travelers rune

in Thief

mompen.7952

@Dee Jay: Because I was wondering if people were still using travelers runes after the update. Guess I could start a new thread about it..

travelers rune

in Thief

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Something a lot of people don’t realize with Traveler runes: You will run significantly faster while carrying the orb in Spirit Rise.

travelers rune

in Thief

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I’m curious about whether or not traveller runes are a good set also. I have a set in my bank, and I can’t decide whether to sell or use them on my thief. She is for WvW roaming. I still need to choose her weapon set since the patch. Any ideas on that?? My poor thief is just lollygagging around DR waiting for something to do.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

travelers rune

in Thief

RedSpectrum.1975

@Dee Jay: Because I was wondering if people were still using travelers runes after the update. Guess I could start a new thread about it..

Some builds do but a good amount don’t. D/D will suffer a significant damage loss if one still uses T runes.

travelers rune

in Thief

mompen.7952

I’m curious about whether or not traveller runes are a good set also. I have a set in my bank, and I can’t decide whether to sell or use them on my thief. She is for WvW roaming. I still need to choose her weapon set since the patch. Any ideas on that?? My poor thief is just lollygagging around DR waiting for something to do.

I would check https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/balanaced-d-d-build/page/2#post3940560 ; here is the D/D thief discussed as proposed by Omri.

Depends on what weaponset you like tho. Whatever you go for, stay away from P/D Condition-spec, hehehe. It’s just cheap IMO.

I personally think that travelers isn’t as appealing as it was, unfortunatly. Sell it at TP before the price drops :P It could always change back, but I don’t think that will happen in the near future.

travelers rune

in Thief

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I would check https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/balanaced-d-d-build/page/2#post3940560 ; here is the D/D thief discussed as proposed by Omri.

Depends on what weaponset you like tho. Whatever you go for, stay away from P/D Condition-spec, hehehe. It’s just cheap IMO.

I personally think that travelers isn’t as appealing as it was, unfortunatly. Sell it at TP before the price drops :P It could always change back, but I don’t think that will happen in the near future.

Thanks mompen. I appreciate the help.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)