video: Coloxus my new WvW build

in Thief

Posted by: Coloxeus.3480

Coloxeus.3480

so my previous build which is 10/30/30/0/0. d/d and d/p semi spike burst d/d then switch to d/p is outdated cuz mug doesnt crit anymore and i feel that they reduced dmg of mug. my build is on the last part of vid.

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

what is this about/showing us?

in Thief

Posted by: Kadin.3086

Kadin.3086

sbi doesn’t have the most talented players

in Thief

Coloxeus.3480

what is this about/showing us?

just to show my build and how effective it is. cuz almost everyday 4 – 8 ppl pming me what armors and exact traits am using so that’s why. 550subscribers on youtube is huge.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

ahhhh. i run a similar one …atleast when i play s/d….i run 0 30 20 20 0 as i can run s/d and d/p at same time. gives me more options against more builds and better survivability with s/d against larger groups that know what they are doing.

i stopped the video at 5 mins. only targeting upscales 5 kills in a row is a really bad way to portray strength/efficacy in build. usually they have ground targeting and stun/cc instead of reviving the one guy thats downed. idk not picking on it just wanna see it against real players that might give a challenge.

how do you record anyway? i dont even have the program.

in Thief

Posted by: Teamkiller.4315

Teamkiller.4315

I think he believes that what he’s doing is impressive.

Killing uplevel mesmers and warriors around a staff ele, then picking off people who are preoccupied fighting the grub…

None of the level 80’s he fought were good for small skirmishes. Staff ele, low dps hammer warrior…and the guardian that you killed was being owned by the grub (you went down to it as well).

Not hating but it isn’t impressive gameplay. I’ve seen you in game and you’re capable of better than what’s shown in that video.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

2 of them were scepter users right?

in Thief

Coloxeus.3480

ahhhh. i run a similar one …atleast when i play s/d….i run 0 30 20 20 0 as i can run s/d and d/p at same time. gives me more options against more builds and better survivability with s/d against larger groups that know what they are doing.

i stopped the video at 5 mins. only targeting upscales 5 kills in a row is a really bad way to portray strength/efficacy in build. usually they have ground targeting and stun/cc instead of reviving the one guy thats downed. idk not picking on it just wanna see it against real players that might give a challenge.

how do you record anyway? i dont even have the program.

razer game booster and its 100% free 10mins of 720p vids is like 100mb – 110mb… before im a fan of 30 critical strikes hidden trait 100% crit while invi.. but now NEVER!. arena net buffed all the signets in game. my signet of agility gives 8%-9% critical chance higher! so even if i wear valkyrie armor sets with only 20 critical strikes trait… i can reach 57% crit chance! + the 7% crit chance while hit behind or side. 5% crit chance while hp above 90%… so in total 57%7%+5% = 69%! crit chance is not bad though.

in Thief

Coloxeus.3480

and i edit my videos using sony vegas pro 12.0

in Thief

Coloxeus.3480

Killing uplevel mesmers and warriors around a staff ele, then picking off people who are preoccupied fighting the grub…

None of the level 80’s he fought were good for small skirmishes. Staff ele, low dps hammer warrior…and the guardian that you killed was being owned by the grub (you went down to it as well).

Not hating but it isn’t impressive gameplay. I’ve seen you in game and you’re capable of better than what’s shown in that video.

srry i just rushed this video no time for wvw i usually pve player… next time gonna bring u a better videos. when i get my another incinerator gonna focus wvw and spvp!! 100% no pve after.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

i have almost everythign i need for 2 incinterators….waiting for anet to change the way of getting them. its redic right now.

in Thief

Coloxeus.3480

i have almost everythign i need for 2 incinterators….waiting for anet to change the way of getting them. its redic right now.

what do u mean “waiting for arenanet to change the way of getting them???” i just need spark for incin and 100g… so what do u think? i shud stop gathering materials?

in Thief

Posted by: archive.9073

archive.9073

srry i just rushed this video no time for wvw i usually pve player… next time gonna bring u a better videos. when i get my another incinerator gonna focus wvw and spvp!! 100% no pve after.

Quit while you’re ahead, the only cool part of your entire video was your “incinerator”.
Terrible gameplay vs terrible opponents, pretty much sums up wvw, I stopped watching when you didn’t down that staff ele. zZz… 5(black powder)->2(heartseeker) to backstab.. that’s all it looks like you’re doing, you didn’t even open with a burst combo.
Come to sPvP.

in Thief

Coloxeus.3480

Quit while you’re ahead, the only cool part of your entire video was your “incinerator”.
Terrible gameplay vs terrible opponents, pretty much sums up wvw, I stopped watching when you didn’t down that staff ele. zZz… 5(black powder)->2(heartseeker) to backstab.. that’s all it looks like you’re doing, you didn’t even open with a burst combo.
Come to sPvP.

how about my Aether? isnt it cool? k i will add u on my friendlist. my spvp build is different from this of course lol. it wud be more challenging we duel 10g/win bet?

in Thief

Posted by: Pizzel.8470

Pizzel.8470

Why are so many of these not watchable on mobile devices??

Some of us need things to watch at work…sheesh

3570K @4.2 560 TI, 212 evo, Hyper X 128gb ssd Haf 912 Biostar tz77

in Thief

Posted by: Issues.5789

Issues.5789

. my build is on the last part of vid.

I’m going to assume you’re saying “my” as a I’m using this build and not I created it.. I’m sure someone used that build before me but I was using 0/20/30/20/0 in October w/ D/P. The build is very strong so it’s not really hard to kill people who have no idea how to react to it and uplevel’d players.

in Thief

Posted by: vinceftw.5086

vinceftw.5086

Hey Coloxus, I’m in your guild :P

I must say that this gameplay was not great. You have done loads better before. What I really disliked is how you constantly used your utilities to stealth up to stomp while you’re sitting in full initiative. Drop BP or switch to D/D to use CnD.

Elxyria – Engineer / Deluzio – Mesmer
Quickblade Vince – Thief
The Asurnator – Elementalist

in Thief

Travlane.5948

ok i got bandicam and oging to try it as MSI afterburner wouldnt work. gonna try make some vids today

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Black.7423

Sir Black.7423

Lol, I was the staff Ele in that video. That was annoying to fight against since I could never quite pin it down to be able to do enough damage. But then staff wouldn’t be my first choice for a battle like that, and I could certainly use more practice fighting against Thieves in general.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

as an ele u dont have super high dmg although u outlast alot….u have to bring skills that can be used alot and utilitized well….like CC and AOEs are super annoying for any class…especially thieves. hope that helps

in Thief

Posted by: urbanevil.7145

urbanevil.7145

Come to sPvP.

how about my Aether? isnt it cool? k i will add u on my friendlist. my spvp build is different from this of course lol. it wud be more challenging we duel 10g/win bet?

Why so you can exploit mechanic’s with d/p to unload burst and hide till it’s available again? Lol… silly kids.. No-one respect’s d/p unloading on up-level’s, i told you this the last video you posted. You would have to be EXTREMELY SKILLED for me to watch a D/P video, the mechanic’s of the entire build are gimmicky at best (IMHO), now im gonna have to read the whiner’s that run in and defend the spec, but if u can’t admit the weapon set it nothing more then a gimmick, your a joke. And most likely the same guy who think’s he’s uber in WvWvW with this laughable spec.

IOJ-Raganarkz – 80 Asura Thief [HARD]
IOJ-Bouttobuffitup – 80 Norn Guard[HARD]
http://www.hardcorepwnography.com

in Thief

Travlane.5948

specs are laughable depending on personal skill lvl….0 30 20 20 0 can look amazing or the worst thing ever created :P all depends. but upscales should nvr be a test point.