video: D/P vs Perplexity Thief (Thiefsmer)

in Thief

Posted by: Coloxeus.3480

Coloxeus.3480

perplexity thief is really tough in 1 vs 1 situation confusion stacks reallykitten@! me up!

(edited by Coloxeus.3480)

in Thief

Posted by: Marduh.4603

Marduh.4603

Permastealth vs Permaconfusion.
Exploit vs Exploit.
Certainly interesting to see. But normal people just run past.

in Thief

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

Just out of curiosity, what was his utility spec? He seems to have a lot of stealth for a P/P.

Was he using stealth on steal in combination with steal cooldown reduction + daze trait? And I think the blind on stealth too? Seems like a good combo with Perplexity runes. He was stealthing a lot (I think he got HiS and BP too?).

The Thiefsmer build seems like a good way to make P/P interesting and I’ve been wanting to use P/P on competitive picture for ages, too bad they will probably end up nerfing it and that it isn’t a real fix for P/P that needs a fix as a set instead of some runes you can specifically exploit with it, so I don’t think I want to get too excited trying it just to see it nerfed with P/P still being bad.

in Thief

Coloxeus.3480

Just out of curiosity, what was his utility spec? He seems to have a lot of stealth for a P/P.

Was he using stealth on steal in combination with steal cooldown reduction + daze trait? And I think the blind on stealth too? Seems like a good combo with Perplexity runes. He was stealthing a lot (I think he got HiS and BP too?).

The Thiefsmer build seems like a good way to make P/P interesting and I’ve been wanting to use P/P on competitive picture for ages, too bad they will probably end up nerfing it and that it isn’t a real fix for P/P that needs a fix as a set instead of some runes you can specifically exploit with it, so I don’t think I want to get too excited trying it just to see it nerfed with P/P still being bad.

everytime i backstab him he just goes automatic invisible so i think he has this II trickery trait instinctual response

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

Hey guys this is the Thief in the video. If you’re interested in my Thiefsmer build check out my build here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Thiefsmer-Build-Video/first#post2790274

To answer your question @Lokheit I was using taking advantage of all my Thief stealths, Via Hidden Thief trait(Shadow arts), and Instinctual Response Trait (Trickery). Utilities: Hide in shadows/ Shadow Refuge/ Caltrops/ Skale Venom/ Bassilick Venom. I do not implement Blinding powder, although i can.

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

Coloxeus thanks for the editing, and recording man. Mean’t alot. I know i would’nt have been able to record and still play with semi good quality.. I LOVE the 13:40ish part – 14:09. Makes me LOl every time.

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Lokheit.7943

Hey guys this is the Thief in the video. If you’re interested in my Thiefsmer build check out my build here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Thiefsmer-Build-Video/first#post2790274

To answer your question @Lokheit I was using taking advantage of all my Thief stealths, Via Hidden Thief trait(Shadow arts), and Instinctual Response Trait (Trickery). Utilities: Hide in shadows/ Shadow Refuge/ Caltrops/ Skale Venom/ Bassilick Venom. I do not implement Blinding powder, although i can.

Thanks, I’ve been thinking about adapting this runeset to my current sharer build for some time because I really want to use dual pistols and this is a good excuse, though as I said I’m not sure about making that step as I’m almost sure this will be nerfed soon (and the runeset isn’t available in PvP).

I think Spider Venom would be better than Skale, the total damage through ticks is much higher (skale gives you a very slight spike over it, I think it isn’t worth it for the skill cooldown and 30 seconds of poison >>> 5 seconds of 3 torment, that basically is 4.5 bleeds if the opponent moves) and you can negate a lot of passive healing with it. Honestly I think the only utility venoms worth using are Spider (specially on sharer builds as it benefits a lot from leeching) and Devourer. Ice Drake and Skale are on garbage territory IMO.

in Thief

Coloxeus.3480

i didnt had a chance to record all our duels… but i think AikijinX has more wins… if i will include my double S/D 5 lose streak well i think S/D is impossible to beat this Thiefsmer build imo… gj mate

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

Thanks, I’ve been thinking about adapting this runeset to my current sharer build for some time because I really want to use dual pistols and this is a good excuse, though as I said I’m not sure about making that step as I’m almost sure this will be nerfed soon (and the runeset isn’t available in PvP).

I think Spider Venom would be better than Skale, the total damage through ticks is much higher (skale gives you a very slight spike over it, I think it isn’t worth it for the skill cooldown and 30 seconds of poison >>> 5 seconds of 3 torment, that basically is 4.5 bleeds if the opponent moves) and you can negate a lot of passive healing with it. Honestly I think the only utility venoms worth using are Spider (specially on sharer builds as it benefits a lot from leeching) and Devourer. Ice Drake and Skale are on garbage territory IMO.

Yeah I totally understand where you’d think Skale venom was useless. But I only use Spider venom when dueling Perma regen meta warriors, Elementalists, Guardians, and Rangers. Thats the only use for poison. If i used it in a battle against a thief 8/10 they have condition removal in stealth. Which coloexus had. Which is why I didn’t choose spider venom, he’d clear the condition, and the healing would go back to 100 percent rather then the -33%. The Skale venom increased my bleed damage, so thats all i needed, because my auto attack was already a bleed, so why not torment with vulnerability, on top of my utility skill caltrops. You’ve got to prepare for each duel, and know your opponent. And often assume.

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Lokheit.7943

i didnt had a chance to record all our duels… but i think AikijinX has more wins… if i will include my double S/D 5 lose streak well i think S/D is impossible to beat this Thiefsmer build imo… gj mate

Hehe, the editor has the advantage of omit losing streaks :P But it honors you to speak about them.

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

My man, it’s okay Atleast you got some good clips of us BOTH winning, and losing. This Thiefsmer build is by no means invincible. But it can get you wins 90% of the time. And it can get you out of trouble 90% of the time. You have access to multiple stealth;s. Including (Descent of shadows)- Stealth on fall damage., but of course I changed that to power of inertia for my duel with Colo.

~You’re the best man thanks again

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Posted by: xmtrcv.5236

xmtrcv.5236

Shadow Refuge Wars 2.

Damage Dolly
we all began as something else

in Thief

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

At least he didn’t cry about how op the spec is. I sense though if it was introduced into pvp, that would change.

in Thief

Posted by: xmtrcv.5236

xmtrcv.5236

I’d like to see this build doing some roaming or zerg surfing, not just duels in battlegrounds because the runes are not available in sPvP.

Damage Dolly
we all began as something else

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

I’d like to see this build doing some roaming or zerg surfing, not just duels in battlegrounds because the runes are not available in sPvP.

I would do some recordings while roaming and semi zerging, but my laptop is bad enough as it is. I wouldn’t be able to record efficiently and play effectively. This build can and hass the ability to fight 2v1 and 3v1. I have done it already with many in this match up Dragon brand/ Yaks Bend. The Ricochet trait via Trickery is very strong when interrupting multiple targets. If they put this rune in SPvP they will nerf the confusion damage to the ground.

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Posted by: Void.4239

Void.4239

Exploit vs Exploit.

so true

this video is a nice example of 2 things that dont belong in pvp.

-1) first of perplexity is to strong atm. ( and its never gone get into spvp seeing they are trying to nerf condition meta …., )

-2) CLEARLY shows what is wrong with BP/HS combo. ( trait should change to : get 2 ini when you enter stealth by using a skill, not when you already in stealth)

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Exploit vs Exploit.

Should’ve added a third Permaevade thief to the mix to make it

Exploit vs Exploit vs Exploit.

I’d pay to watch that trainwreck.

All is vain.

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

Exploit vs Exploit.

Should’ve added a third Permaevade thief to the mix to make it

Exploit vs Exploit vs Exploit.

I’d pay to watch that trainwreck.

Coloxeus had clips of his S/D- S/D but he didn’t put them in. because the video would’ve been too long. S/D is inferior to my build. I won 5-0.

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Coloxeus.3480

Exploit vs Exploit.

so true

-1) first of perplexity is to strong atm. ( and its never gone get into spvp seeing they are trying to nerf condition meta …., )

-2) CLEARLY shows what is wrong with BP/HS combo. ( trait should change to : get 2 ini when you enter stealth by using a skill, not when you already in stealth)

CLEARLY shows BP+4HS really takes skill… very very few can do this stuff though, another Nerf for thief? ah i don’t think so… better Nerf the player’s skill

in Thief

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

CLEARLY shows BP+4HS really takes skill… very very few can do this stuff though, another Nerf for thief? ah i don’t think so… better Nerf the player’s skill

I’m pretty sure this is something everyone can do.

Coloxeus had clips of his S/D- S/D but he didn’t put them in. because the video would’ve been too long. S/D is inferior to my build. I won 5-0.

S/D isn’t “inferior” to your build. It just cannot win the match up. S/D S/D has a very hard time against anything with Pistol offhand simply because of Black Powder. On the other hand, S/D S/D can probably beat a few builds that would crush your particular build as well. At the end of the day, its Rock/Paper/Scissors.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

(edited by Reikou.7068)

in Thief

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

Exploit vs Exploit.

so true

I’ll agree with this. I can get off three HS’s but 4 is a bit tough…however doing all this in WvW watching for enemies and everything is tough too. The amount of micro managing it requires to keep the stealth up is tough.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

S/D isn’t “inferior” to your build. It just cannot win the match up. S/D S/D has a very hard time against anything with Pistol offhand simply because of Black Powder. On the other hand, S/D S/D can probably beat a few builds that would crush your particular build as well. At the end of the day, its Rock/Paper/Scissors.

Okay so you bring your S/D ,S/D skill against me, and lets record our fights.

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Coloxeus.3480

Exploit vs Exploit.

so true

I’ll agree with this. I can get off three HS’s but 4 is a bit tough…however doing all this in WvW watching for enemies and everything is tough too. The amount of micro managing it requires to keep the stealth up is tough.

initiative managing, this “Signet Use” trait saves me alot when i messing up my initiatives while doing BP+HS i gonna use Signet of power instant +2 initiative and rdy for burst

in Thief

Lokheit.7943

Okay so you bring your S/D ,S/D skill against me, and lets record our fights.

He is saying that S/D won’t beat your build but isn’t “inferior” in the sense that it can be opponents yours would have a harder time. Sort of like making a strong fire pokemon fight a water pokemon (or rock against paper… you get the point).

I interpretated your comment as “inferior in the match up” but I think he took it as your build is superior overal and that’s why he said that.

To be honest, while really mastering it might take some practice, it isn’t that hard at all and more and more people is doing it correctly instead of as mindless sequence spamming. If there is a cheesy combo on the Thief is using the BP+3*HS to take advantage of initiative gain from IoS and get super long stealths. It’s not like only super skilled players can do it at this point.

(edited by Lokheit.7943)

in Thief

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

A friend of mine picked this up for wvw, seems to work nicely in 1v1s. For small skirmishes it also works, provided you have dps supporting you. If the dps is another d/p that knows how to use “head shot”, fights can be pretty interesting. Lackluster when it comes to an increase in enemy numbers(go figure).

In the end, it’s a dualist build by design that seems to work well as observed and can be a perfect addition to any roaming team.

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

A friend of mine picked this up for wvw, seems to work nicely in 1v1s. For small skirmishes it also works, provided you have dps supporting you. If the dps is another d/p that knows how to use “head shot”, fights can be pretty interesting. Lackluster when it comes to an increase in enemy numbers(go figure).

In the end, it’s a dualist build by design that seems to work well as observed and can be a perfect addition to any roaming team.

Thanks for the feedback, I always aim to inspire, and create new things for my Thief community

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

How do you do those mini heartseekers in BP? .-.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

Coloxeus does the Mini HS as you say. By zooming into his camera, and loking towards the ground, then heartseeker threw BP, as soon as you’re in HS animation turn your camera, and repeat.

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Doggie.3184

Coloxeus does the Mini HS as you say. By zooming into his camera, and loking towards the ground, then heartseeker threw BP, as soon as you’re in HS animation turn your camera, and repeat.

Ah, I see! I been using D/P all this time without knowing how to do this cheap gimmick. I feel like a noob now for not cheating. Time to be a kitten in wvw.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

Ah, I see! I been using D/P all this time without knowing how to do this exploit. I feel like a noob now. Time to be a kitten in wvw.

Haha it’s not easy by any means. Lol, but good luck

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Doggie.3184

Ah, I see! I been using D/P all this time without knowing how to do this exploit. I feel like a noob now. Time to be a kitten in wvw.

All I had to do is know where to move my camera. Feels easy to me. This on top of already being amazing and sexy with D/P without this tactics only makes me stronger.

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

All I had to do is know where to move my camera. Feels easy to me. This on top of already being amazing and sexy with D/P without this tactics only makes me stronger.

Well just watch out for the ones running my spec. I slay D/P’s.

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

I’ll fight you guys, can only be in sPvP though since I’m in FA.

Add a kitten duel mechanic Anet.

in Thief

Lokheit.7943

You can’t fight the Perplexity build in PvP as it’s only available in PvE/WvW.

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

Haha. Once we get matched up against you guys we can duel each other. I have a couple friends in FA wanting me to transfer. Xamas and Tessa Avery my old friends are still there :p

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Coloxeus.3480

please do watch the art of thievery, cheating, technique, skills, exploiting or whatever other ppl calling it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUmrfBr1R5s

in Thief

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

You can’t fight the Perplexity build in PvP as it’s only available in PvE/WvW.

I see, I haven’t done sPvP in a long time lol. I quit it after I got Wolf, to hell with all that repetitive crap.

in Thief

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

CLEARLY shows BP+4HS really takes skill…

6/10. I lol’ed.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in Thief

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

Off topic a bit, but I don’t want to post it in the main forums – does the knockdown from trebs/catas trigger the perplexity interrupt effect?

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

Off topic a bit, but I don’t want to post it in the main forums – does the knockdown from trebs/catas trigger the perplexity interrupt effect?

Thats’ a great question, but unfortunately not. Because the Siege themselves don’t have the rune equipped on them.

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

I heard that the Traveler’s runes affected golems – but I know that’s a separate mechanic than siege… Was hoping / dreading that they would work.

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

I heard that the Traveler’s runes affected golems – but I know that’s a separate mechanic than siege… Was hoping / dreading that they would work.

Haha. Well i need to try out these travelers in a Golem- =0

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Is this build purely 1v1 dueling because it seems lame at anything more?

in Thief

Posted by: Tonikor.5637

Tonikor.5637

The mini-heartseeker are not worth doing.

Losing awareness of your enemy’s location during a fight just for one extra heartseeker is NOT worth it.

He probably would have won more duels if he didn’t do it.

I’ve met all sorts of “perplexors”, from the s/p asuras with the ranged daze and 30 trickery to the p/d+d/p stealth spammers that also add bleeds and torment to the mix (hardest so far). Not one of them won though.

Beating perplexity thieves is easy, especially as a condi-removing-superhero-30SA-d/p.
All you need is constant pressure, knowing where the other thief is by not moving ur camera to show only yourself while you spam mini heart seekers is a start. One tip: Shadowshot.

(edited by Tonikor.5637)

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

Losing awareness of your enemy’s location during a fight just for one extra heartseeker is NOT worth it.

I’ve met all sorts of “perplexors”, from the s/p asuras with the ranged daze and 30 trickery to the p/d+d/p stealth spammers that also add bleeds and torment to the mix (hardest so far). Not one of them won though.

Beating perplexity thieves is easy, especially as a condi-removing-superhero-30SA-d/p.
All you need is constant pressure, knowing where the other thief is by not moving ur camera to show only yourself while you spam mini heart seekers is a start. One tip: Shadowshot.

So what is it are you exactly saying? Are you saying you are better than Coloxeus?, are you saying you’re better than me?, Do you really believe that he could have won more if he didn’t do an extra HS?, Did you realize he was 30 SA, Shadows embrace?, did you realize what he actually did to get those wins off?, Do you truly believe Shadow shot is all you need to beat me, and/or any other SMART skillful perplexity rune thief? Did you not think Coloxeus kept constant pressure? what happened? Did you realize i was none of the weapons sets you stated above. I’m P/P one of the hardest weapon sets to master, and time. Every initiative counts in that set. So if we were to duel if we were matched up, your strategy is to always try to locate me, by what? Staying stealthed, abusing the mechanic, and waiting for my stealth to ware off? This ain’t Stealth wars 2. Please do answer these questions.

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

(edited by AikijinX.6258)

in Thief

Tonikor.5637

Thank you for re-stating everything I said above.

And by the way:

Did you realize i was none of the weapons sets you stated above.

“FROM”, “TO”. ENGLISH, do you SPEAK IT?

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

Thank you for re-stating everything I said above.

And by the way:

Did you realize i was none of the weapons sets you stated above.

“FROM”, “TO”. ENGLISH, do you SPEAK IT?

So rather than answering any of the questions, you chose to go at and attack my “English”. Are you proud? Next time don’t talk the talk, because you clearly confirmed to me, and everyone else for that matter that you can’t walk the walk. Done. I apologize to everyone who has to read this non-sense

Is this build purely 1v1 dueling because it seems lame at anything more?

Yes, this build is set up to take on multiple targets, 2v1-3v1. Team fights, and solo roaming. This build excels. Just change the ricochet trait to bountiful theft when 1v1ing, and back to ricochet when 2v1-3v1/Team fights.

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Coloxeus.3480

- i always want to land my shadow shot with perfect backstab i dnt want to waste my 4 initiative without landing my backstab

- i do 4HS in BP when he goes invi or shadow refuge i just want to outlast his invisible duration

- a real good/skillfull player doesn’t want to prove to anyone or in this particular forum that hes better to this or that guy. if you are really that great player.. prove yourself in a good way

(edited by Coloxeus.3480)

in Thief

Tonikor.5637

So rather than answering any of the questions, you chose to go at and attack my “English”.

But I did answer. In one small and concise sentence.

in Thief

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

So what is it are you exactly saying? Are you saying you are better than Coloxeus?, are you saying you’re better than me?, Do you really believe that he could have won more if he didn’t do an extra HS?, Did you realize he was 30 SA, Shadows embrace?, did you realize what he actually did to get those wins off?, Do you truly believe Shadow shot is all you need to beat me, and/or any other SMART skillful perplexity rune thief? Did you not think Coloxeus kept constant pressure? what happened? Did you realize i was none of the weapons sets you stated above. I’m P/P one of the hardest weapon sets to master, and time. Every initiative counts in that set. So if we were to duel if we were matched up, your strategy is to always try to locate me, by what? Staying stealthed, abusing the mechanic, and waiting for my stealth to ware off? This ain’t Stealth wars 2. Please do answer these questions.

How exactly is P/P hard to master? Especialy if u run it with perplex? You just spam 4 and ur utilitys for stealth + sneak attack… 5 here and there if you need defense (or waste a stealth utility)

You might want to try 0 0 10 30 30 P/P P/P for massive ini regen + massive amount of dodges and spam 4 all day long (like you did in that video), see how broken it really is. Because really, 30 into SA is a complete waste on P/P, even if you use all stealth utilitys. (Use the 10 into SA for the con remove) Or am i missing something here?

Try 10 0 0 30 30 double D/P full zerk/valk, now that is hard to master. (not saying i did master it)

(edited by Sizzle Hint.1820)