we can only die!!!

we can only die!!!

in Thief

Posted by: Orange.9701

Orange.9701

I propose to all thieves do not buy more crystals at auction with real money. until ArenaNet can not find an acceptable solution.

(and now changed pg)

Bye

we can only die!!!

in Thief

Posted by: Binary.1654

Binary.1654

I never bought gems in the first place, and I highly doubt they’ll fix this anyways. The combined QQ from all the other classes easily out-weighs the QQ from Thieves. I’m just disappointed that they let us down yet again., but not surprised.

we can only die!!!

in Thief

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

The original nerf, which anet though it was too heavy, WAS BETTER. I’d rather have revealed everytime I pop out of stealth than this 4 seconds revealed.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

we can only die!!!

in Thief

Posted by: avilo.1942

avilo.1942

The original nerf, which anet though it was too heavy, WAS BETTER. I’d rather have revealed everytime I pop out of stealth than this 4 seconds revealed.

No nerf was justified. Anet caved in like most game companies do when a few noobs complain even if it was a “learn to play” issue.

So just wait. They won’t stop here. They will not stop until they basically kill the thief class. That’s what the complainers want and so far it looks like they’re getting their way little by little.

It’s sad too, because the thief is a very unique profession, one of the most unique i’ve seen in an MMO, especially with the shadow steps / stealth.

Oh, and how about that promised more mobility? lmao.

we can only die!!!

in Thief

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Reading posts like this makes me wonder how the other seven professions manage to survive without stealth.

we can only die!!!

in Thief

Posted by: Fiorrello.8126

Fiorrello.8126

Reading posts like this makes me wonder how the other seven professions manage to survive without stealth.

i guess thieves will just have too… learn to play

we can only die!!!

in Thief

Posted by: Vimoz.1265

Vimoz.1265

Well, my concern is PvE, and while I won’t give up my thief because of this, I am worried about others doing so; theres competition in PvE aswell, and as it stands thieves aren’t that appreciated compared to some other classes. Im worried that I might get kicked from just playing the proffession I enjoy the most, and not based my skill-level. So far I have only experianced this a few times (before even starting the fractals), and even tho it shouldn’t happen at all, I know that to some degree it will (ignorance, guildy jumping in and whatnot). Just don’t want that degree to be too high.

I wish Anet thought the decisions through in every aspect. I don’t PvP at all, but if the devs thought a stealth change was needed for the PvP balance I trust that it was. I do not however see how it is a good change when it hurts another aspect of the proffession needlessly.

I do trust that if it gets out of hand, the devs will compensate, atleast in a PvE environment (and by that im not counting WvW).

Deso [PrG] Thief, Guard, Ele

we can only die!!!

in Thief

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

i guess thieves will just have too… learn to play

HOW DARE YOU!? Unlike the other professions, we thieves are ENTITLED to overpowered builds!!!

we can only die!!!

in Thief

Posted by: loneknight.8425

loneknight.8425

Makes no difference to me, for I rely more on shadowsteps & blinds to farm badges in WvW, and several support utilities to survive fractals.

The thief who did dat – Crystal Desert

we can only die!!!

in Thief

Posted by: wish.3102

wish.3102

4 seconds of revealed is way better than revealed every time you exit stealth. It does completely throw off the thieves rhythm though. Before it was fromstealthattack > 1 autoattack round > CnD. Now it’s fromstealthattack > 1 autoattack round > wait 1 second > CnD, which is unintuitive and stupid. If they fix this aspect of it, I won’t mind to much, but as it is now it’s just wrong. They need to up the damage of THF auto attack and slow it down, or add a 4th attack (that takes 1 second) to dagger and sword.

Jade Quarry. RNG/THF/GRD/WAR
SovietSpaceDogs[SSD]

we can only die!!!

in Thief

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

So after playing with this in WvW running P/D all I see is I have to auto attack 3 times now then CnD. What I think alot of this qq is coming from is that now as soon as you eit stealth people shoot you right away since culling is gone. I notice a big difference with this and is probably bigger change that me having to auto attack 1 extra time.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

we can only die!!!

in Thief

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

So after wvwvw thieves were used to engage 1 vs 3- 4-5 and kill all in the end, they find 4 second revealed as an big nerf.
I am one of those players, but since no other classes can win 1 vs 4 fights, i belive nerf is fair in wvwvw.
on the pve side i do it fine with signet of malice + aoe , evasions , never used "an perma stealth build " there, even when i made fractals to an higher lvl
On sPvP i belive thieves got hit, by this debuf, but they can adapt also.

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

we can only die!!!

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

I haven’t had a chance yet to play as a “stealth” thief. I am still having fun insta gibbing people.

The difference between 4 auto-attacks then cnd and 6-7 aa then cnd is pretty big tho.

Just another noob thief…

we can only die!!!

in Thief

Posted by: Snine.5291

Snine.5291

4 seconds of revealed is way better than revealed every time you exit stealth. It does completely throw off the thieves rhythm though. Before it was fromstealthattack > 1 autoattack round > CnD. Now it’s fromstealthattack > 1 autoattack round > wait 1 second > CnD, which is unintuitive and stupid. If they fix this aspect of it, I won’t mind to much, but as it is now it’s just wrong. They need to up the damage of THF auto attack and slow it down, or add a 4th attack (that takes 1 second) to dagger and sword.

Please read this ArenaNet… This is my number one problem with the change. The thief use to flow so perfectly and now it feels clunky and it’s a mess… Sword/Dagger is completely screwed up as well.

Sad to see the thief get screwed over like this. I’m not even upset about the loss in dps, or the extra second outside of stealth, both are easily adaptable. But believe it or not a SINGLE SECOND completely ruins the feel and rhythm of the class.

we can only die!!!

in Thief

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

No nerf was justified. Anet caved in like most game companies do when a few noobs complain even if it was a “learn to play” issue.

So just wait. They won’t stop here. They will not stop until they basically kill the thief class. That’s what the complainers want and so far it looks like they’re getting their way little by little.

It’s sad too, because the thief is a very unique profession, one of the most unique i’ve seen in an MMO, especially with the shadow steps / stealth.

Oh, and how about that promised more mobility? lmao.

I agree that no nerf was needed. Look at the state of thieves in higher skill tPvP… they were virtually non-existant BEFORE the nerf. The massive QQ was from the lower levels of skill in PvP… which is an area you shouldn’t be caring about much as a dev looking to have your game be an e-sport anyways.

Before the nerf I had no issues fighting against thieves on my non-thief characters… was able to beat the vast majority of them unless they outskilled me. Now it’s just a joke.

But out of the two I think almost everyone would have preferred the revealed every time you exit stealth > longer revealed… which means lower dps/healing/condition removal/natural rotations messed up…

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

we can only die!!!

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

A savant combination of one of those two things :
- insane defensive boon presence, heavy low cooldown healing and lots of CC (ele, guardian)
- between 40 and 80% more base HP