weapon skills always going off twice

in Thief

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

I am perpetually having issues on my thief with my weapon skills going off twice, regardless of how careful I am. It doesn’t happen everytime, but enough to prevent me from playing thief in PvP with any level of competency.I have a similar double tap issue with necro shroud but it’s less common.

I’ve been told that it’s latency related but my latency is fairly good <100ms most of the time.

Anyone else have issues with this, and is there a workaround?

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in Thief

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

I have a similar issue with S/D 3 going off multiple times from a single press if the hit was avoided. There’s a couple of things you can do;

Record your play, see if you’re double tapping. If you have overwolf installed, there’s a mod that let’s you play back and record the last 30 seconds complete with key presses highlighted. It might not be random muscle memory making you double tap, but it never hurts to rule this out first.

The second thing to do is to bind the stow weapons function to something easily reachable (mine is on a mouse button). Get in the habit of pressing it after a skill has gone off.

I also found that double tap issues on shroud and rev facets etc were better when I got a mechanical keyboard and replaced my mouse. It might be your hardware needs a clean or replacing.

Hope that helps

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Flanking Strike is very finnicky and its next-ability queue starts pretty much immediately as it’s first-casted, and in GW2, holding a skill down causes it to repeat-cast, so you need to be very quick on the release. Admittedly, I’ve only ever dropped shroud on necro/reaper when double-tapping by accident, though, so it’s very possible you’re just not fully realizing it if you suddenly get jittery.

If you’re using a mechanical keyboard, try not to press all the way down as it’s possible you’re re-activating it just as you’re bottoming-out the key before releasing it.

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

guild war 2 has auto cast qu so if double tap a key it will auto cast it a second time thinking that what you intend.

in Thief

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

That is a result of the skill queue on thief. It’s very annoying and I’m pushing to get rid of it so feel free to lend me your voice and help push for the removal of skill queuing.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

in Thief

Taobella.6597

i like skill quing myself

in Thief

Posted by: Dagger.2035

Dagger.2035

In the July 26th 2016 update they added the ability to hold down keys to activate skills multiple times. There was a lot of complaints for Revenant facets double activating so they fixed it after a month. As far as I know other skills which can double activate haven’t been adjusted like Shadowstep or Spectral Walk.

I wish there was a way to disable this option so you can have finer control of your character. I don’t know why they decided to allow people to be lazy and hold down keys.

Human Thief [DOA]
Sorrows Furnace

in Thief

Taobella.6597

after you play thief long enough you will learn to not spam your keys you will do fine

in Thief

Posted by: Dagger.2035

Dagger.2035

I’m not having any issues with double activating thief skills and have mained S/D since the original beta release. I just wanted to call out the likely cause of the problem. It was a bad decision to add this feature and it creates these odd timing issues.

Human Thief [DOA]
Sorrows Furnace

in Thief

Ario.8964

It’d be cool to see what dagger suggested and have an option to toggle it on or off. That gives people who like the queue a way to play how they like and it lets people who don’t like it play what’s comfortable for them.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

in Thief

Posted by: Ghokan.2418

Ghokan.2418

I think it is because of the auto-casting when holding down buttons coupled with the no cooldown thief weapon skills.

There was a similar problem with Revenant Facets activating the active action with a single press. This is fixed now, however the thief problem still exists

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Yeah…. try to play with mechanical keyboard where game assumes you hold your key for double cast… while you actually aren’t (usually happens for me for sb5 and headshot). Beyond annoying but nothing you can do in some cases. It also doesn’t help that some spells have long aftercast.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

This happens to me as well. Just a finicky part of the input system. Most classes don’t notice because their skills hit cooldown and prevent a second attack. Been like this since launch.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Yup, mechanical keyboards are designed to activate with almost zero actuation. You need to make shallower presses and let go faster :P

Otherwise, if you’re a bottom-outer like I am, look into another keyboard type.

in Thief

Posted by: Warkind.6745

Warkind.6745

It’s really embarrassing when I hit S/D #3 twice expecting LS to proc but my enemy blocks and I just end up twirling around them.

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

It’s really embarrassing when I hit S/D #3 twice expecting LS to proc but my enemy blocks and I just end up twirling around them.

Also embarrassing is when playing during lag or on uneven terrain, trying to get Shadow Step to fire only it keeps ignoring the input. When it finally accepts the input for that necessary escape, it teleports then immediately returns right back into the middle of an angry mob.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in Thief

Ario.8964

Also embarrassing is when playing during lag or on uneven terrain, trying to get Shadow Step to fire only it keeps ignoring the input. When it finally accepts the input for that necessary escape, it teleports then immediately returns right back into the middle of an angry mob.

So much this, I have had this happen to me more than I’d like to admit.