what is your thiefs weakness thread.

in Thief

Posted by: Jay wilson.1702

Jay wilson.1702

okay i will start mine is any class that can throw knockdowns, the worst for me is a d/d or s/d ele they have 2 knockdowns so they can combo me with 1 knockdown then some dmg and another knockdown then finish me off. my only counter is to dodge the knockdowns or pray that the lightning ball thing bugs. p.s i hate guardians as well

whats yours?

in Thief

Posted by: Tremain.4623

Tremain.4623

I have 10k hps.

in Thief

Posted by: Kintari.4172

Kintari.4172

Ranged classes that deal lots of condition damage, especially the ones that can just spam it with slot #1.

Kintari | Rintaki | Rin Taki | Kian Tir | Zahinn | Lith <<< Blackgate >>>

in Thief

Posted by: Gizmo.8921

Gizmo.8921

I have to agree with knock down, it is the worst thing that can happen to you – when you simply cannot do anything…..

Sea of Sorrows
OCX

in Thief

Posted by: Macovan.3650

Macovan.3650

Lie, you can shadowstep when you are knocked down, and you will actually be on feet after that.

Macovan – 80 Thief
Sanctum of Rall

in Thief

Posted by: Ruufio.1496

Ruufio.1496

My weakness is OP classes like Guardians who have 100K total HP by the time a fight is done.

in Thief

Posted by: Macovan.3650

Macovan.3650

@Ruufio.1496 Tanky classes were always counters for squishy burst damage classes in pretty much every game. However, guardians are not op in any extent, they are countered easily with condition damage tanky P/D thieves.

Macovan – 80 Thief
Sanctum of Rall

in Thief

Posted by: Paranoid.9542

Paranoid.9542

Probably stacked conditions. I dont have much (if any) condition removal in my current spec.

Hard CC is also not favourable, usually makes me need to leg it.

in Thief

Posted by: Eliteseraph.4970

Eliteseraph.4970

My thief’s weakness? NPCs that keep attacking me even though I’m in stealth. Mesmer clones/illusions, ranger pets, even other Thieves Guild pets. So god kitten annoying.

But other than that particular bug, people who know how to intelligently drop AOE after I stealth can really put a hurt on me and force me to play much more defensively.

Guardians are a tough fight with my P/D. I’ve fought a few that did hellish amounts of damage on top of their innate toughness.

Sometimes it takes waiting out the entire duration of your stealth to get back HP and initiative, and for cooldowns to tick off. It’s not a fight you’re going to win quickly, and I think that’s what kills most thieves: they’re all built for burst and fast wins, and when it doesn’t go well, they run out of options and lose.

(edited by Eliteseraph.4970)

in Thief

Posted by: ZLE.8293

ZLE.8293

The only thing that is bothering me is that channeling skills continue to follow you in stealth.There is quite a topic about this,so i don’t wanna start another,just saying.

Ss Ninja- Rank 50 Asura Condition Thief (The Bulgarians [BG])
My Ringtones on Zedge >>>C l i c k <<<

in Thief

Posted by: Eliteseraph.4970

Eliteseraph.4970

The only thing that is bothering me is that channeling skills continue to follow you in stealth.There is quite a topic about this,so i don’t wanna start another,just saying.

Agreed. It’s very irritating.

in Thief

Posted by: aylictal.5627

aylictal.5627

backstab 1bomb thieves are my counter to my mobility spec.

if i miss the dodge on a mug, im dead. flat and simple.

in Thief

Posted by: CptCosmic.3156

CptCosmic.3156

my weakness? the nerf threads after I kill tank guardians in under a second =D

in Thief

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Weakness? Developers and non-Thieves/Guardians/Mesmers hate our profession.
Guardians and Mesmers love us even more now.

in Thief

Posted by: Vile.5678

Vile.5678

The NPCs and channeling attacks…So very much. Extremely frustrating when they continue to attack you even when stealthed.

Also if you hide around a corner… They will find you and chase you; across the map sometimes.

Warrior – Whrawl
Thief – Radderic
Mesmer – Smash Kablooey

in Thief

Posted by: obtuse.8291

obtuse.8291

Developers do not hate the profession. Let’s be reasonable here elthurien.

Weakness seems to be condition removal for non sword mainhand sets. I have to keep a dagger offhand and trait shadow embrace, then build around a lot of benefits from stealth. The shadow step utility is hard to fit in and on cooldown.

Getting dazed, chain stun and roots can also devastate. I can’t even hit my condition removal or escape buttons under heavy dazing and ragdolling some warriors blast me with. I think that some hard counter interplay keeps the game interesting, as those who build for specific hard counter will be just as badly hard countered by something else.

I am the super thief

in Thief

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

Some Engineers seem to be able to keep me constantly immobilized. You can stealth but they know you are still there and keep throwing crap at you. I don’t fully understand the Eng prof so not sure what they are doing. I swear I’ve been bursted by them for over 15K in a second or two as well.

in Thief

Posted by: PsionicDingo.2065

PsionicDingo.2065

Flanking Strike’s pathing.

My psychic knife. The focused totality of my psychic powers.

in Thief

Posted by: Laika.8795

Laika.8795

^—This man speaks the truth.

in Thief

Posted by: Jay wilson.1702

Jay wilson.1702

hm tanky classes seems to be our weakness lets make it more fun

tanky condition thief vs dps gurdian with those floating weapons(condition thief spam d/d 3 with loh sig)

in Thief

Posted by: Sadaxer.1023

Sadaxer.1023

Anyone with a condition removal skill can turn the tides against me. That’s when I use my stealth skills to bail out!
Also, some guardians. I was happy when I was able to take one down in WvW though.

Gandara [Eden]

in Thief

Posted by: Kaj ata.1786

Kaj ata.1786

at 50% health and kitten mesmer turns me into a kitten moa bird so i just have to run around with my kitten kitten in my hand for ten secs.

in Thief

Posted by: Kneru.8014

Kneru.8014

I’ve slotted Shadowstep.
I’ve traited for 1 condition to be removed upon stealth.

But kittening Moa… Being birdied is just a pain in the kitten Atleast make the attack animations faster while in Moa form. I’ve almost beaten a mesmer just to be turned into a moa, one attack would have downed him. However, the attack animation being so slow, he could just simply take a step back and laugh.

Meanwhile, I’m stuck as a kittening bird. Moa itself, is annoying, but it’s fine. They just blew a long kitten cooldown, and the CD of Basilisk and Steal is not nearly as long. But atleast give me a small chance to fight back.

in Thief

Posted by: Mayama.1854

Mayama.1854

Some Engineers seem to be able to keep me constantly immobilized. You can stealth but they know you are still there and keep throwing crap at you. I don’t fully understand the Eng prof so not sure what they are doing. I swear I’ve been bursted by them for over 15K in a second or two as well.

20k is possible

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

BIGGEST THIEF WEAKNESS? prolly the fact that you can get channeled dead on while entering stealth and it only lasts 3-5 seconds. Not saying perma stealth is a good idea, but we do need a slight bump in duration. (6-10 seconds, excluding shadow refuge)

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Thief

Posted by: Paranoid.9542

Paranoid.9542

BIGGEST THIEF WEAKNESS? prolly the fact that you can get channeled dead on while entering stealth and it only lasts 3-5 seconds. Not saying perma stealth is a good idea, but we do need a slight bump in duration. (6-10 seconds, excluding shadow refuge)

Wow that would be broken. Stealth duration is fine as is.

in Thief

Posted by: lighterdark.5307

lighterdark.5307

WARRIORS-bullcharge stun stun haste 100x blade 20k dmg >.> op range even with stun break you are dead in 2 secs other than that maybe guardians with the HP and health gear

in Thief

Posted by: Kintari.4172

Kintari.4172

Not trying to troll, l2p, or make balance arguments here, so just take this for what it is. If you find 100 blades is problematic for you (it is for a lot of people), try slotting Shadowstep, because used properly, it is 2 get-out-of-100b-free cards in a short window of time.

Kintari | Rintaki | Rin Taki | Kian Tir | Zahinn | Lith <<< Blackgate >>>

in Thief

Posted by: Nande.6810

Nande.6810

Condimancers even tho I got 2 condition removers I usually end up using them on my own bleeds :p Win some lose some!

The Bleed thief (d/d & p/p)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKHdpbyNpVU
oGt

in Thief

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

My thief’s weakness is the useless wazzock sitting at the keyboard controlling her.

in Thief

Posted by: Piriel.5197

Piriel.5197

I found it hard to fight against some condition builds, 100b warriors (you need to be quick to escape that and they’re hard to kill if built right) and rangers sometimes. Other than that can’t complain.

in Thief

Posted by: Chakuna.6325

Chakuna.6325

Lie, you can shadowstep when you are knocked down, and you will actually be on feet after that.

LOL, that’s the point, when your ‘’stun breaks’’ are on cooldown.

I’m trying to go back, but I’m still here.