who is famous theif player

in Thief

Posted by: TheThiefMaster.3812

TheThiefMaster.3812

I fought that warrior that Amon lost to and he is as good a warrior as Aldix is a guardian.

Fighting that type of warrior is as much a challenge in SPVP ( not WvW ) as it is with fighting a burst guardian.

And Nex is right there isn’t a thief that’s currently better than Kronos.

Guild – BLNT , NS , oPP
IGN – Kinsz / Server – Sea of Sorrows
https://www.youtube.com/user/BLNTGw2

in Thief

Posted by: Trueshots.9456

Trueshots.9456

If you like P/D watch Wild Bill, hes the best in terms of P/D.
https://www.youtube.com/user/SlicGW

~Poison Caltrop~
I apologize, If you didn’t outnumber me, it wasn’t a fair fight

in Thief

Posted by: iBlasiannn.4279

iBlasiannn.4279

The best thief does well not to make himself known. :’3

Februaryy – That one thief on Blackgate
Januarry – I play Ele sometimes because I hate my existence
[oPP] – Over Powered People

in Thief

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

Xeviel was one of the best I new. watching him duel was just so fluid. (s/d + d/d)

he didnt make many videos or stream anything but here is one vid he did make
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcPH3AUjWEg

sadly he no longer plays due to having to work more. $$ before games.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in Thief

Posted by: the sober ninja.6539

the sober ninja.6539

WvW thieves thinking they’re better than Caed and Jumper? I mean come on. For one thing, when you fight a really good thief, you can’t just OoC like pretty much every thief does in WvW — cheap tricks like that don’t work on high tier thieves.

There’s a handful of high skill thieves in this game, and it’s pretty safe to say that most of them have played an awful lot of sPvP. After all sPvP is the place where you get the most combat experience per unit time, period.

in Thief

Posted by: SoulSin.5682

SoulSin.5682

WvW thieves thinking they’re better than Caed and Jumper? I mean come on. For one thing, when you fight a really good thief, you can’t just OoC like pretty much every thief does in WvW — cheap tricks like that don’t work on high tier thieves.

There’s a handful of high skill thieves in this game, and it’s pretty safe to say that most of them have played an awful lot of sPvP. After all sPvP is the place where you get the most combat experience per unit time, period.

In all due seriousness.
Thief builds, gameplay and tactics changes a lot on both game modes.

It’s kind of a waste of time to compare players.

in Thief

Posted by: DatPieGuy.6540

DatPieGuy.6540

Honestly though, is SA really optimal for 1v1 fights over trickery? I don’t play sword MH much but I always seem to have an easier time 1v1ing with a 10/30/0/0/30 d/p build than a 10/30/30/0/0 d/d build, both full zerk and with scholar runes. The interrupts and blinds really make it easy to shut down melee builds. It could just be d/p being d/p, since I’m not that enthusiastic about playing d/d trickery.

in Thief

Posted by: Liza.2758

Liza.2758

if those wvw thiefs are that good They would have entered weekly tournament already.

they allow u to use your cheese shadow art though… in case u dont know.

in Thief

Posted by: Mordecai.6318

Mordecai.6318

I seen caed duel in a tourny a couple weeks ago, he is way overhyped I was not impressed at all.

I’d agree he’s over hyped, but hes actually really good and plays thief with the highest skill cap possible.

The tourney he was in had a majority of players using Shadow Arts III as an alternative to Shadow Rejuv. He also lost to a notably good medi guard which is the direct counter to ALMOST all melee thieves, especially those without Shadow Arts.

To play devils advocate, you lost first round in both tourneys and lost to a warrior which isn’t an overly difficult fight given the weapon sets you use. Granted, I was not present at this tourney to see whether or not you ran your normal setup. If not, I’m not really surprised by the outcome.

I ran a build I made on the fly, and lost to a m/s lb warrior. Not a big deal I lost fair and square. But, when I watched caeds fight he literally didn’t do anything to the guardian with either one of his builds he played.

You and I both know that a medi guard is a REALLY tough fight even with Shadow Arts. I wouldn’t expect caed to be able to do anything against Aldix with a 10/30/0/0/30 ogre rune setup. Everything is going to be blocked, dodged, blinded or mitigated whereas Caed is like 200% vulnerable to even sceptor AA damage. That fight is the epitome of an uphill battle.

The same cannot be said about a fighting a warrior for this specific instance.

The flaw in your logic is someone did beat the guardian. On a thief. And went on to win that tourney. So. By real logic, that guy is the best thief.

But by all means, conveniently leave that part out.

Had SA, and kronos runs sword which goes along with my comment about Medi guards being the direct counter to ALMOST all melee thieves. Swords are the obvious exception. Combine it with either s/p and or d/p as kronos more than likely did and its much more manageable.

in Thief

Posted by: Mordecai.6318

Mordecai.6318

I seen caed duel in a tourny a couple weeks ago, he is way overhyped I was not impressed at all.

I’d agree he’s over hyped, but hes actually really good and plays thief with the highest skill cap possible.

The tourney he was in had a majority of players using Shadow Arts III as an alternative to Shadow Rejuv. He also lost to a notably good medi guard which is the direct counter to ALMOST all melee thieves, especially those without Shadow Arts.

To play devils advocate, you lost first round in both tourneys and lost to a warrior which isn’t an overly difficult fight given the weapon sets you use. Granted, I was not present at this tourney to see whether or not you ran your normal setup. If not, I’m not really surprised by the outcome.

I ran a build I made on the fly, and lost to a m/s lb warrior. Not a big deal I lost fair and square. But, when I watched caeds fight he literally didn’t do anything to the guardian with either one of his builds he played.

You and I both know that a medi guard is a REALLY tough fight even with Shadow Arts. I wouldn’t expect caed to be able to do anything against Aldix with a 10/30/0/0/30 ogre rune setup. Everything is going to be blocked, dodged, blinded or mitigated whereas Caed is like 200% vulnerable to even sceptor AA damage. That fight is the epitome of an uphill battle.

The same cannot be said about a fighting a warrior for this specific instance.

I rarely have trouble with medi guards, and Caed was using 30 in SA not his other build. I beat the guardian with 10 in SA just for a fun duel, but caed didnt stand a chance.

So he used a build hes spent like 5% of his thousands of hours on that has less DPS than hes used to. Again, I dont think Caed is all that, but you’ve attempted to completely undermine his abilities and accomplishments because of 1 performance when the reality is that his accomplishments are far greater than anyone that enters snuffle’s tourneys.

You all are also forgetting that 1v1’s dont really make good players and realistically hold no weight in this game other than bragging rights. Team fights are what really showcase what people are capable of. Something you have admitted to being terrible at and I’ve had first hand experience in witnessing and experiencing from doing 5v5’s. I’ll be impressed by Kronos or you or anyone else when they perform as well as Caed in team fights AND as well in 1v1’s on a high skill ceiling build.

Pz.

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

I’m sorry I have to comment on this, does anyone else notice that in this thread, there are two people who apparently, according to their signatures, have blue-haired thieves with Incinerator and Bolt?

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

I’m sorry I have to comment on this, does anyone else notice that in this thread, there are two people who apparently, according to their signatures, have blue-haired thieves with Incinerator and Bolt?

And they’re making the exact same arguments to support each other.

Not like they’re buddies or anything

[SoF]

in Thief

RedSpectrum.1975

Since you responded, and this is somewhat off-topic, is the next podcast going to address our state in areas such as WvW now with respect to godforsaken ferocity? I feel as though our “roles” became a bit harder.

in Thief

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

Since you responded, and this is somewhat off-topic, is the next podcast going to address our state in areas such as WvW now with respect to godforsaken ferocity? I feel as though our “roles” became a bit harder.

Nevermore is the one who pretty much prepares for the podcast and creates the agenda. I usually know what I’ll be talking about since I just talk about whatever is on my mind. I’ve been doing a lot of wvw lately since I want a mistforge wep and there’s no incentive for me to pvp.

That being said I am slightly biased since I run my niche build and unlike people with all ascended gear+food I don’t notice a terribly big difference since it doesn’t impact my build so much.

So to answer your question more directly, I think nevermore will definitely talk about it and we’ll examine how the update impacts the thief especially. However, I will be more centered on how the sigils will impact gameplay and perhaps a couple reviews on the new traits. So yeah, from me expect power creep and sigil talk and nevermore will almost for sure talk about the wvw thief with ferocity changes and force me to talk about various thief roles. Haha jk he’s a good guy and it’s fun to examine various builds, although perhaps this is a good opportunity to get a guest thief to talk about the ferocity nerf.

[SoF]

in Thief

RedSpectrum.1975

Nevermore is the one who pretty much prepares for the podcast and creates the agenda. I usually know what I’ll be talking about since I just talk about whatever is on my mind. I’ve been doing a lot of wvw lately since I want a mistforge wep and there’s no incentive for me to pvp.

That being said I am slightly biased since I run my niche build and unlike people with all ascended gear+food I don’t notice a terribly big difference since it doesn’t impact my build so much.

So to answer your question more directly, I think nevermore will definitely talk about it and we’ll examine how the update impacts the thief especially. However, I will be more centered on how the sigils will impact gameplay and perhaps a couple reviews on the new traits. So yeah, from me expect power creep and sigil talk and nevermore will almost for sure talk about the wvw thief with ferocity changes and force me to talk about various thief roles. Haha jk he’s a good guy and it’s fun to examine various builds, although perhaps this is a good opportunity to get a guest thief to talk about the ferocity nerf.

Glad to hear. I always interesting hearing others cover something that turns a decent amount of people’s worlds upside down. Especially from “Famous” thieves.