why and how i get those boons

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

Q:

while fighting in the mist testing new build with pve chieftain when my health drops below 50% i got 10 seconds of fury and vigor which stacks with every hit

i tested the venom build (panicond) 20,0,30,0,20 with carrion gear and balthazar runes
no boons from stealing trait so…

i tested it with guildy thief and he got it too

we saw that trait ins. respons caused it?

is it bug?
is it dev test we just hijack ?

(edited by messiah.1908)

in Thief

Posted by: jonwar.4186

jonwar.4186

its instinctual response. I just took this trait the other day and noticed I got swiftness and fury for a good 10 seconds when it triggered, its odd.

Sword Dagger Thief
Ferguson’s Crossing [MAIN]

in Thief

messiah.1908

so its dev test as i got vigor and fury

in Thief

Posted by: Nema Tode.5637

Nema Tode.5637

I think it is a bug. I was dueling my sos friend and I noticed it happening. He said he was stuck with it for a while, so we looked into it. It definitely has something to do with throw feathers too.

We tested with the camp supervisor and found some weird results, apparently fighting some sort of npc triggers it? So the supervisor would hit us and the effect would happen when we were lower than 50% hp. We then proceeded to attack each other but found that it would occur only when we took a hit 10% or greater of our hp when below 50% hp, similar to instinctual response in the sense of the 10% threshold(though I’m not really sure where the 50% hp came from)
Then after letting the supervisor hit us a few more times it started occuring every hit for a short time, and then stopped again.

I’m thinking that it’s a bug that triggers when you fight some sort of specialized npc and then lingers on to other fights or something.

in Thief

messiah.1908

tried it on spvp and also trigger on inc response which also icd was lot shorter than 60 sec

in Thief

Posted by: Hawkeye.9687

Hawkeye.9687

I like it .Devs sould keep or improve this mechanic it will become a must for a thief and will add great survivability.

Main : Thief – Shadowdancer X
Alts : Warrior- Mesmer lvl 80 [Piken Square]
Death is just the beginning

in Thief

messiah.1908

also notices inc. response trigger every 10 seconds so maybe it would help the p/p thieves out there as you dont want to use it with x/d or other utilities which gives stealth