wvw thief t1

wvw thief t1

in Thief

Posted by: PhelanDisturbed.1650

PhelanDisturbed.1650

I’ll start by saying if all you can say is “lol l2p noob” then go kitten your kitten kitten and kittening kitten…

Anyway…. I’m on a t1 server… It is once in a blue moon that I find someone who isn’t in a zerg. However I far more enjoy the concept of roaming solo. What are my options to solo roam and not get steam trained around every corner? Any other successful roamers on t1? What do you do?

wvw thief t1

in Thief

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

Roam with a zerg. Thats what I see all the streaming “T1 Roamers” do.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

wvw thief t1

in Thief

Posted by: Bacon Please.8407

Bacon Please.8407

from what I understand even though I don’t play thief, i’ve seen some very sucsessful thieves kite a group of 5-10 by just using the mobs and ambient creatures to cloak ALOT. Now as far as damage, the one’s i’ve fought don’t do too much spike damage but a good amount of conditions and since they could cloak a lot they were able to down a few people. The only time i get them with my warrior is when i get them into a stunlock.

We all like to [FARM] Guild Leader
Jade Quarry

wvw thief t1

in Thief

PhelanDisturbed.1650

Roaming with a zerg isn’t my play style. I don’t mind doing it now and then, and firing my short bow, but that gets old fast…

Also don’t want to just kite, I want to actually fight…

Which servers have decent roaming abilities? I don’t expect a barren wasteland, but at least find a few people that are alone…

wvw thief t1

in Thief

Posted by: Faeyd.5094

Faeyd.5094

Yeah I am on T1 and it even a couple of weeks ago it was pretty easy to find some good 1v1 fights. Last few times I went to WvW it blew hard. MASSIVE zergs and as soon as you attack a straggler they either run like stink, log off mid fight or the zerg turns around. Back in SPVP pretty much full time now.

Tiger

wvw thief t1

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

I’ve never had a problem roaming solo. I play on jq.

I’m not saying l2p but maybe just play more?

You need to be built for mobility and defense in wvw.

I suggest 30sa, refuge, shadowstep, and at least 10 acro. I run fleet shadow and don’t use SOS. I run infil signet for more init and stun break.

The key to solo roaming is be aware of your surroundings at all times and play well all the time. Mistakes = death.

I avoid eternal battlegrounds because skill lag is worst there and generally avoid the big swords.

I’m not saying l2p, just practice more is all..

Just another noob thief…

wvw thief t1

in Thief

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

Unfortunately they have yet to really implement any 1v1 content, meaning if your wanting to roam it comes down to luck if you can find someone else whos solo roaming.

Not much you can do if they decide they don’t want to fight 1v1 or if a zerg comes around the corner.

wvw thief t1

in Thief

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

If you want roaming, don’t go to a top tier server. You won’t really find a lot of challenges that way and will mostly run into out of place people.

wvw thief t1

in Thief

Posted by: Anvi.1802

Anvi.1802

I play only solo while in WvW on a T1 server, I don’t have many kills, a couple thousands tops but that’s hard to grind kills while playing solo.

When I roam solo here is what I try to do :
-First you need to roam between enemy bases (and not between one enemy base and one their opponent’s base -either yours or the third opponent’s-, since there is most likely to be a zerg fight there.)
-Then you need to find a spot where you can get a high visibility to spot your targets (usually I choose the top of a cliff, or behind walls and play with the camera to see your surroundings without being seen)
-Spot the nearest lake (I use Withdraw and Roll for Initiative underwater, it allows you to travel very quickly in case you need to flee, both skills under swiftness make you travel like 2000 each, maybe even 3000, and they are initiative free).
-Don’t hesitate to retreat if there are too many people that you can handle, I know it’s tempting if your target has 1/4 hp left, but chances are that if there are 2 other ppl there, you are not getting the stomp anyway.
-As a thief, the only thing you can rely on to escape an incoming zerg, is shadowsteps and stealth. If the zerg is too big, chances are you are not going to be able to stack stealth, they will either stand on your Black Powder / Smoke Screen or pull you out of your refuge. So I advise you to Steal / Shadow Shot / Signet of Infiltration on mobs to put distance between you and the zerg.

Usually when I meet a good opponent and I know I am in a relatively safe zone, I don’t stomp and wait for the guy to rally in order to have a second fight. There is a chance the guy might run away but I’ve had quite a few good fights that way.
However, you will often find backpedaling idiots that will turn around as soon as they see teammates or NPCs, and then jump on your body if they manage to zerg you

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.

wvw thief t1

in Thief

PhelanDisturbed.1650

Thanks for the tips Anvi.

Style, which servers would you suggest for good roaming?

wvw thief t1

in Thief

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

lower tiers will tend to have the least organized WvW so you’d probably see more random PvE’ers and people that don’t really want to WvW there.

At least in theory.

wvw thief t1

in Thief

Posted by: Anvi.1802

Anvi.1802

Since solo roamers is a proportion of the WvW population, no matter which server you play on, you will find more solo roamers on highly populated servers. Sure the zergs will be proportionately bigger, but you are supposed not to hang around zergish areas.
I play on a highly populated T1 server, and I have a hard time finding solo / duo, non upleveled, willing to fight, not NPC / Teammates backpedaling roamers.

Usually, the lower tiers have the least organized WvW because they have the lowest population, so I think you have better chances to have fun as a solo roamer on highly populated servers, on higher tiers.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.

wvw thief t1

in Thief

PhelanDisturbed.1650

Well I’m in sor… which map would you think best for finding 1 or 2 enemies alone?

wvw thief t1

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

Yeah I am on T1 and it even a couple of weeks ago it was pretty easy to find some good 1v1 fights. Last few times I went to WvW it blew hard. MASSIVE zergs and as soon as you attack a straggler they either run like stink, log off mid fight or the zerg turns around. Back in SPVP pretty much full time now.

its bc thjey nerf everything op. now fights can last 10 mins. no fun. no wins…and its predetermined according to spec v spec

wvw thief t1

in Thief

Posted by: Dristig.9678

Dristig.9678

It has a lot to do with time of day IMO. At prime time in T1 we all are in teamspeak and following orders. The pugs tend to follow us once we flip some towers so you will get massive zerg v zerg during primetime.

After my Guild organized stuff ends and it gets late at night or early in the morning the zergs break up and you find a lot more roamers. At peak times you need to be in a zerg or at least attached to one.

The one way to still hunt with the zergs is to follow a zerg around but keep a good distance (over 1200). Then kill the stragglers that have the “wrong” guild tag. They are the least likely to have a direct line to the commander and be able to tell the zerg to turn.

wvw thief t1

in Thief

PhelanDisturbed.1650

Thanks dristig. I will give that a shot! It sounds so. .. thief like.

wvw thief t1

in Thief

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

Join my group of bandits on SOR , we form up around 10pm pst and handle EB. Lots of small scale group fights and solos. Watching out for zergs and being aware and knowning when to run is crucial. Life is better then death

Edit : EB you can find instant action the bls really don’t have a challenge. You can go to the bridges in most bls and find people toll roading. Just don’t lose you might end up in a second rate YouTube video

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

(edited by Mindtrick.5190)

wvw thief t1

in Thief

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Generally in T1 nobody wants to 1v1 you. I find that all 3 servers (BG especially) will have a staring contest with you while spamming /laugh until one+ of their teammates show up then they can proceed to 5v1 you.

Best bet is to move to Tier 2. The roaming there was fantastic and I loved every second of it.

It you want to stay in Tier 1, best bet is to use a mass evade build. Lots of mobility, lots of dodge. Burst won’t cut it in a 1v5 scenario.

wvw thief t1

in Thief

Posted by: Kadin.3086

Kadin.3086

thief and tier 1.. LOL

wvw thief t1

in Thief

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

Ebay here and its what we are known for.

Currently 5 atm

wvw thief t1

in Thief

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

I play a thief (among other classes) on US T1 and can get tons of solo/small group time.

Find the zerg, go around and get the people trying to get to the zerg.
Find a good spot to lure them to and you will get good fights…