wvwvw thieves listen up

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Posted by: Knyx.5926

Knyx.5926

Just in case free server xfers end soon, I figure start this before then.

Looking to start a Thief only guild.
No real rules other then the general honor amongst thieves.
Our main focus will be wvwvw. If you have non thief alts or the thief is your alt, we would take all of your toons but our organized (and planned) groups would be all thief.

Some key benefits:
-All builds and playstyles accepted
-No “tax” to make anyone commander,and will never be asked. If you wanted to donate that is 100% up to you
-Fun and casual, with a touch of organization
-Always something to learn about the class, especially as the game evolves, with so many thieves, there should always be someone who can answer your questions.
-Any level is fine, as long as you have the intent on making it to 80
-Lots of humor welcome
- All guild based decisions would be 100% decided like a council (no dictator Guild leader)

Bonus:
Harassing enemies into frustration.
Changing the tide of battles
Earning fame

I will not make any claim to being a leader, or being worthy of commander title.
My experiences are however leading a similar stealth attack group in EVE, Lineage 2, and Shadowbane were all successful.

Even if we only become a 10-15 man active guild of thieves, that is still enough to do ALL of the above.

Now I do not have my own vent server, mumble server, or TS server. However these are not that hard to acquire, but if anyone that wants to join already has one, better yet. I also do not want us all to go to a “winning” server. If we get people interested in this we can decide by majority, which server would be better suited, lets just make sure it is one with competition and instant ques.

If I kill my enemy and make it out alive, I am doing my job
If I harass and frustrate my enemy, I am doing my job better
If my enemy is inept, uninitiated and unwilling to adapt, my job is now easy.
I am a thief
Welcome to Guild Wars 2.

Official server and guild name vote:

(A)Maguuma = 3 votes
(B)Sanctum of Rall = 4 votes
(C )Dragonbrand = 1 vote
(D) Ehmry Bay= 1 vote
(E ) Blackgate = 1 vote
(F) Ferguson’s Crossing= 2 votes

+
Poison [SIN] = 1 vote
Obsidian Flame [???] = 1 vote
Assassin[SIN]= 1 vote

(edited by Knyx.5926)

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Posted by: Slight.8329

Slight.8329

Yeah, like you mentioned in your previous experience, I’ve seen stealther groups be quite successful in other games. Not sure how well it’d go here in GW2 with current stealth mechanics, but good luck regardless!

Baelin Von Blackmor – 80 Thief – Blackgate

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Knyx.5926

Yeah, like you mentioned in your previous experience, I’ve seen stealther groups be quite successful in other games. Not sure how well it’d go here in GW2 with current stealth mechanics, but good luck regardless!

Thank you. The stealth mechanics are limited (not counting rendering issues) but since we are all thieves, and builds generally only make the stealth times different in a small fashion, us all having the same limited mechanic creates synergy in itself rather then having say a mix of classes with different mechanics

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

What exactly DOES happen when a bunch of thieves stack up and spam blinding powder on each other?

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

What exactly DOES happen when a bunch of thieves stack up and spam blinding powder on each other?

They become overpowdered.

Signed, level 1 alt

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Posted by: Pawstruck.9708

Pawstruck.9708

This sounds like a really cool idea. I would be up for it, (my main is a Thief) but it’d have to be on my home server as I have like 8 RL friends there. If you guys by some miracle end up on Sea of Sorrows, send me a PM.

Good luck though. +1

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Posted by: Cris Croix.2370

Cris Croix.2370

I would actually consider this. What servers are you considering at the moment? And what kind of name for the guild is on your mind?

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Knyx.5926

Well I am on Maguuma, I was on Maguuma from headstart, but the ques were always 2hr+ when i got home from work and on weekends. So I moved to Sea of Sorrows over 2 weeks ago because people were telling me the ques were instant and they were, but after last matchup they are now the 1-2hr+ in most cases. So I went back to maguuma which is now instant….

I care more about que times then a winning server, I mean heck SoS won last matchup.

I’d say put Maguuma on the possible list, and lets try and go down in bracket from there in choices since we can expect instant ques.
Follow me/add me in game, and we can get this started (pick a server first) in this thread.

Honestly as I said, all decisions would be voted via the guild (like a council), so the guild name isn’t important. I had a guild I made that I disbanded because it was just for a RL friend that didn’t play past the first week that was named Poison [SIN]
Perhaps when you add what server you would vote for also add the #1 guild name you can think of.

Also to add, I am EST for timezone. I work 5 days a week 7 am -4pm and sometimes Saturday 7 am-noon. I’d say timezone isn’t important as long as we get enough members for a near full day presence (even 10 PST players and 10 EST players would suffice).

Also to note: I am willing to step up and lead you. Just keep in mind if you feel as a guild there is a better leader in our group, I have no problem stepping down on the battlefield.

(edited by Knyx.5926)

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Posted by: Azura.4172

Azura.4172

i really like this idea too, but how is this going to work out as people are all over different servers? i’m sure some people are unwilling to leave their guild and home server behind. also, i think i have heard that guesting can’t play WvW.

The Sneaky Stab Club [QQ] Mizukira – The Bloodreaper
SoR Tactical Strike Squad

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Knyx.5926

Well it’s a choice they will have to make, I don’t have any RL friends that play this game anymore so it isn’t difficult for me to move, but I will under no circumstances move to a server with que times.

If they are playing with just a couple RL friends, and they ask the friends if they would be willing to move, fine. They can join too, I would ask if they can, make a thief( if they don’t have one) though for the organized group with the intention on getting it to 80 in a month minimum.
Since A-net hasn’t yet given an official warning that Free xfers will end, I’d say you are safe at this point to where if it doesn’t work out you can always go back.

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Azura.4172

ooooops, reply a bit late lol.

i personally vote for Sanctum of Rall (SoR). it used to be a medium server, but i think it got bigger now due to its winning streak against some of the major servers. queue time is bad 1~2 hours during the initial match reset, but it gets better as the week goes. 10 to 30 min, then instant.

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Knyx.5926

ooooops, reply a bit late lol.

i personally vote for Sanctum of Rall (SoR). it used to be a medium server, but i think it got bigger now due to its winning streak against some of the major servers. queue time is bad 1~2 hours during the initial match reset, but it gets better as the week goes. 10 to 30 min, then instant.

I am updating the OP with the votes for servers and guild names.
Pick a guild name if you can and Ill update it

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Azura.4172

Name:

1. Obsidian Flame (the original thief/assassin guild from Guild Wars 1 where Nika was in it. =D)

2. Black Obsidian

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Knyx.5926

Name:

1. Obsidian Flame (the original thief/assassin guild from Guild Wars 1 where Nika was in it. =D)

2. Black Obsidian

Ill just take your top one so we don’t get swamped with guild names to chose from

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Posted by: Katsumoto.9452

Katsumoto.9452

Sounds interesting. Those idea’s around thieves guild spam with a large group sound hilarious.

Just as good would be a mass basilisk venom group. Perma-stoned enemies.

And, just to troll people who cry, 15 heartseekers at once.

Aurora Glade [EU]

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Knyx.5926

Sounds interesting. Those idea’s around thieves guild spam with a large group sound hilarious.

Just as good would be a mass basilisk venom group. Perma-stoned enemies.

And, just to troll people who cry, 15 heartseekers at once.

and whenever we are sitting on a point defending it, perma stealth shadow refuges anyone? They will never know we were there… until its too late

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Posted by: Katsumoto.9452

Katsumoto.9452

This thieves guild that isn’t the thieves guild skill gets better and better

If you’re making this happen, what server?

Aurora Glade [EU]

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Knyx.5926

Well we still need a bunch more people to make this a reality, not worth it with only a few unless someone is confident they can recruit thief players in game.

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Posted by: Rottaran Owain.6789

Rottaran Owain.6789

I’d love to join a group like this, though I’m pinned down with connections in Dragonbrand.

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Knyx.5926

I’d love to join a group like this, though I’m pinned down with connections in Dragonbrand.

Well so youd vote for Dragonbrand, do you want to vote for a guild name thats in the OP or make one up and ill place it there

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Posted by: Rottaran Owain.6789

Rottaran Owain.6789

Nah, I don’t find the guild name important.

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Posted by: Digiorno.1967

Digiorno.1967

(A)Maguuma, already here will totally pvp if the guild winds up here; name unimportant to me.
edit: Like Rottaran, I am stuck to this server because of friends, despite them playing infinitely less then me.

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Posted by: Cris Croix.2370

Cris Croix.2370

welp forums bugged, cant update OP. Got a PM in game about it.

If you make a new post, you can update your previous posts and then just delete your old post.

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Knyx.5926

welp forums bugged, cant update OP. Got a PM in game about it.

If you make a new post, you can update your previous posts and then just delete your old post.

Thank you sir. Done and Done OP updated

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Posted by: Kagesame.1065

Kagesame.1065

I’m already in Sanctum of Rall. But would be willing to move to any server.
My main is a lvl 80 thief!!!

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Knyx.5926

I’m already in Sanctum of Rall. But would be willing to move to any server.
My main is a lvl 80 thief!!!

Do you want me to count that as a vote or do you not care?

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Posted by: Kagesame.1065

Kagesame.1065

sure count it as a vote to SoR

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

What guild were you in in Shadowbane?

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Knyx.5926

What guild were you in in Shadowbane?

OMG TSP!!! Whats up brotha!!

The only real ones I were in that were known were TDL>UDL
I joined a few other small guilds and once QFT started their incidents with CCR “help”
I was in every fight against them, and played “chess” if you want to call it that, with guilds on the map

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Posted by: Wraithforge.8710

Wraithforge.8710

If you wind up on Sanctum of Rall, count me in. This sounds fun.

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Posted by: Jjiinx.8795

Jjiinx.8795

Call it Thieves Guild and I’m in

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Posted by: Dick Winters.7628

Dick Winters.7628

I am in for Blackgate.. name of guild…no preference

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Posted by: Wiredgunslinger.5480

Wiredgunslinger.5480

I’m up for it. Currently working on an Asura thief right now at lvl 35. Willing to move to any server.

Edit: Just to break any ties…Sanctum of Rall is my vote ;p

Server: SoS Guild: Work
Verucalize: 80 Thief
Señor Chang: 80 Ranger

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Posted by: Sarrow.2785

Sarrow.2785

Great idea, Knyx. I’m an 80 thief and a lone operator on Fergusson’s Crossing. I’m diggin the casual, low commitment vibe here and if that’s how it plays out it sounds awesome. In WvW I kinda just like to waylay enemy parties and stalk about the place doing my own thing. If this guild holds a bunch of like-minded thieves who don’t care if I run solo or with a group then I’m in.

Server: I’d vote for Fergs out of loyalty. They have instant queues and the matchups have been fun and challenging the last few weeks with no server dominating, but I wouldn’t be distraught if it were elsewhere.

Guildname: I love the [SIN] tag, but doesn’t really go with poison IMO. Assas[SIN] is the choice for me.

Admiral Mournn, Tarnished Coast

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Posted by: Sovereign.8054

Sovereign.8054

I’m a thief on Ferguson’s Crossing too. I’m a leader of a fairly large Guild already, but would love to join this group on WvW and would certainly join in vent if you get one.

I’m voting Ferguson’s too. If you go to another server I reaaaally hope I don’t see you in WvW lolol.

Leader of ‘Believe’
http://www.believeguild.net

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Posted by: Lyrsen.6702

Lyrsen.6702

I’ve been waiting for some thieves to band together.

In WvW steal from a warrior use the whirling axe then Dagger Storm in a zerg if they haven’t focus fired you down by then gets a good bunch of them down on a solo thief, now we just need 3-5 of us doing that. stealth back stab builds for the people running away, 2 venom share builds and 3 trap builds to contain the whole mess would be fun.

So all in 10 thieves would be as most say OP

I’m on Stormbluff Isle if you end up there give me a pm

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Posted by: oWeakSauce.5862

oWeakSauce.5862

+1 Here. Once you guys decide to form up. Still lvl’n atm

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Knyx.5926

Thank you all for the interest. I had a few PMs in game and on here as well. I have updated the OP. So far Sanctum of rall is winning. I am a little worried about the que times though. If Sanctum of Rall takes a higher lead, I will xfer there to make sure the ques are good. If the ques are not good, its probably not a good idea because if 1 person has a que and trouble getting in, how in the world would we get an ogranized group of 10-20 in the same BL/EB

its also looking like no matter what server wins there is going to be 4 people so far that will be unwilling to move due to friends on the server they voted for. Still have quite a few willing to transfer tho which is good.

(edited by Knyx.5926)

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Posted by: TJV.6239

TJV.6239

I will happily join your guild!

I refuse to leave my world though. I am in Dragonbrand, so I vote DB.

Shalom
Tyler Joe

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Posted by: Wiredgunslinger.5480

Wiredgunslinger.5480

I retract my vote for Rall and change it to Maguuma. Just read up on the queue times also…so yah lets avoid that.

Server: SoS Guild: Work
Verucalize: 80 Thief
Señor Chang: 80 Ranger

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Posted by: Otso.1267

Otso.1267

I’m in. I would choose Maguuma; however, I don’t really care too much since I have no ties to any server.

Obsidian Flame is my vote for guild name.

not all those who wander are lost

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Posted by: spif.7580

spif.7580

Kaineng would be ideal for this.

—- Kaineng : Nuke → Saarc ---

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Posted by: Teerwik.1650

Teerwik.1650

So Knyx told me that he was temp suspended from the forums. What im getting from him is that he was
" keeping active in a couple nerf thief they do 20k damage in 1 second threads in the spvp section and kept
asking for evidence to back it up, because they were spewing misinformation, and yet they were not
suspended but he was"

also even though I don’t play much, I know him. He has asked me to keep this thread updated while he is
away from the forums, and he would ask that you all add him in game. Thank You.

The Voting tally

(A)Maguuma = 7 votes
(B)Sanctum of Rall = 5 votes
(C )Dragonbrand = 2 vote
(D) Ehmry Bay= 1 vote
(E ) Blackgate = 1 vote
(F) Ferguson’s Crossing= 2 votes
(g) Crystal Desert =1 votes
+
Poison [SIN] = 1 vote
Obsidian Flame [???] = 2 votes
Assassin[SIN]= 2 votes
Swindler’s Luck [LUK]= 1 vote
Obsidian Protectorate [OP]= 1 vote
The Assassin’s Guild [TAG] = 2 votes

Looks like Maguuma is winning so far. He said since this is the second time he was suspended
from this forums, and the first time “was a week long for the same thing”
I won’t use his exact words because it would probably get me in trouble but he definitely used words
pertaining to a certain German regime and comparing them to certain powers that may be. With that said, it
looks like he wants to wait just a day or 2 more since people work and whatnot to end the voting
and start this guild thing up.

Thank you everybody hope I explained it well.

(edited by Teerwik.1650)

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

@Knyx.5926

I didn’t join TSP until after Shadowbane. I was one of the leaders of the Dreadlords.

TSP is on Tarnished Coast. Look us up if you feel like moving there.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Posted by: Caledon.4017

Caledon.4017

I’m in!

I vote for A

Swindler’s Luck as a guild name?? Throwing it out there…

Ariacus – Sylvari Thief
Ariacas – Sylvari Ranger
Ariasis – Norn Warrior

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Teerwik.1650

awesome, for some reason whenever i clicked on this thread it would just show the reply box and none of the posts nor pages

Ok it worked now. I updated my post

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Posted by: Axelerator.7526

Axelerator.7526

Wow, this sounds like an amazing idea, i can just imagine 10-15 thieves using steal with traited mug on a warrior in a group, then using whirlwind XD

Sounds pretty good, i vote for Crystal Desert, due to thats the server im currently on.
as for name, i dont really mind, as long as its something that strikes fear into our enemies.

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Posted by: sylvanari.3951

sylvanari.3951

If you guys decide to roll on S.O.R I’d be glad to hlp out when I can. Sounds like alot of fun !! ^ ^

~TATSUMI~80 Asura Thief~ Caedas[CDS]~Sanctum of Rall~

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Teerwik.1650

If you guys decide to roll on S.O.R I’d be glad to hlp out when I can. Sounds like alot of fun !! ^ ^

Ill add your vote, Knyx said something about talking to people in game and a few said SoR has long ques and so does every server in that bracket and up.

wvwvw thieves listen up

in Thief

Posted by: Jiraiyankee.3157

Jiraiyankee.3157

Lvl 80 thief, Im up for the guild and will like it to be in Sanctum of Rall. Even tough would not mind Server tranfer

so ima vote for B(SoR)
Assasin for Guild name.