-103% Condi Dur on Imm, crip, and chilled

in Warrior

Posted by: Krisztian.8405

Krisztian.8405

With Melandru Runes, food, and dogged march, -98% condi dur can be achieved against imm, crip, and chilled.

However, with 2xMelandru Runes, 2xResistance Runes, and 2xSunless Runes plus food and dogged march, -103% condi dur can be achieved. Also, -70% condi duration on other conditions.

What ya think, broken? Working as Intended?

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

It is worth wasting 180 toughness and -25% stun duration for extra 5% to condi? I dont think so

in Warrior

Posted by: Anon.1248

Anon.1248

uh you’d gain50 more toughness from using 4 resistance and 2 melandru.

in Warrior

Posted by: Heta.8629

Heta.8629

The food is pretty expensive. If you build for passive condition removal you should be able to be good at it. Movement conditions aren’t too terrible anyways except chill because it lengthens recharges as well. If you could be fully immune to conditions all the time that would be an issue. If your opponent also has best case condition duration it goes back down to mediocre

Edit: if this is a jab specifically toward warriors than you should know engineers and elementalists can do the same

in Warrior

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

gonna have to try this out. seems too good to be true.

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

I’m pretty sure what is meant by -103% condition is not what some people think which is immunity to conditions.

It means that the duration of conditions applied to you has been reduced by -103%, or in other words, approximately halved. A chill duration that is 5 seconds should theoretically be 2.5 seconds, if I am not mistaken if somebody could confirm or debunk that for me.

In my opinion, the food that gives you - condition duration and + condition duration should be nerfed because people tend to revolve and have their builds rely on this certain food. That and I feel it is too strong. Should be nerfed to around 20-25% to prevent imbalance that certain builds in WvW create in conjunction with these foods. And also make room for more foods to be viable.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Actually it means exactly what it says it means. Chill/Cripple are 103% ineffective(IE they do nothing unless the user has +cond duration food/trait). Now I’m not sure if it procs first before doing nothing, so the 98% condition reduction you can get with melandru/dogged march/food buff may be just as good. Even if it’s not, you’re losing -25%stun duration and some extra toughness. I’m inclined to believe Melandru runes are still better.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

in Warrior

Posted by: Gamgee.8612

Gamgee.8612

I’m pretty sure what is meant by -103% condition is not what some people think which is immunity to conditions.

It means that the duration of conditions applied to you has been reduced by -103%, or in other words, approximately halved. A chill duration that is 5 seconds should theoretically be 2.5 seconds, if I am not mistaken if somebody could confirm or debunk that for me.

In my opinion, the food that gives you – condition duration and + condition duration should be nerfed because people tend to revolve and have their builds rely on this certain food. That and I feel it is too strong. Should be nerfed to around 20-25% to prevent imbalance that certain builds in WvW create in conjunction with these foods. And also make room for more foods to be viable.

No, it will take it away completely. I have run melandru + food + dogged march only until recently where i swapped the runes, since the trait was released. It does remove everything. 103% removal is uhh probably not thought through by Anet. I feel that a rune/food condi removal nerf is on the way. But they still havn’t nerfed the HS so it could be a few months though.

N I M S – Warrior of Judge Legends[JDGE]

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

4 resistance/2 melandru is what I’ve been running since they hit.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Nikkinella.8254

If only there was some way to be 100% immune to ALL conditions all the time. Too bad there’s no Ribbon accessory like in the Final Fantasy games that makes you completely immune to all negative status effects. I’d pay any amount of money in gems or gold for something like that. I’d buy one for every single character I have.

in Warrior

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

It stacks with condition duration additively. So someone with 50% condition duration offensively would have their conditions be reduced by 53% (if you have 103% reduction). 100% +duration completely negates 100% -duration. They are not calculated separately.

in Warrior

Posted by: Purifer.3946

Purifer.3946

50% is halved, 103% means 0 duration. Since it stacks with cond duration of opponents, you will not be immune to most condis.
Example:
-103% + 63% means your effective reduction is 40%.

in Warrior

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

This is the exact reason that +/- Boon/Condi durations need to be rebalanced

It should take the maximum benefit from any one source and not stack.

in Warrior

Posted by: Blackjack.2083

Blackjack.2083

It is not -103% against ALL conditions people….only immob, crip, and chilled. As far as other conditions are concerned it is the exact same reduction baseline as what every single class in the game can achieve with that rune/food selection. Personally, I don’t run it but I don’t have a problem with it at all either. In my opinion the real problem is actually conditions and how they are implemented currently in game. Too many conditions, too easy to apply them, too easy to build tanky condition no brain/skill game play. The whole concept of pure condition builds just bugs the crap out of me. Drop your dots on an enemy and then just kite around while they die takes about as much skill as a fat kid eating a donut.

in Warrior

Nikkinella.8254

I’ve said this before but i’ll say it again. They need to add another stat that condi users are forced to take to be effective. If we want to build for power, you need power, precision, and crit damage to be effective. This forces you to sacrifice defensive stats. You hit hard, but you die hard, so it’s balanced. Conditions are OP because all you need to take is condition damage and can take defensive stats and mindlessly spam skills while your damage eats away at your opponent.

They need to make conditions only have a CHANCE of activating when you apply them to a foe. Add a new stat that works like precision but for conditions. Condition chance or whatever. So someone with 100% condition chance will be able to always apply their conditions. Someone with no condition chance will have a hard time getting any of their conditions to stick to an enemy. Dire is a stat that never should have existed. The mindless condition spam while being tanky is cheesy as hell. We’re all sick of these high reward, no risk super tanky condition builds that take forever to kill while eating away at your health rapidly with conditions that they can reapply faster than you can cure them even if you spec for pure condition removal and nothing else. They WILL wear you down eventually. There needs to be more risk in this brainless style of gameplay.

in Warrior

Posted by: CrazyAce.3842

CrazyAce.3842

Even without the food the % isn’t bad at all. If you’re doing a build that is weak to conditions, it might help cover some of the downsides. Just a thought.

in Warrior

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

It stacks with condition duration additively. So someone with 50% condition duration offensively would have their conditions be reduced by 53% (if you have 103% reduction). 100% +duration completely negates 100% -duration. They are not calculated separately.

< Basically this is how it works.

50% is halved, 103% means 0 duration. Since it stacks with cond duration of opponents, you will not be immune to most condis.
Example:
-103% + 63% means your effective reduction is 40%.

nether +condition duration or -condition duration can go higher than 100% therefore the effective reduction above is 37% not 40%.
Finally taking all this into account (6x) mellandru runes are more efficient.

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

in Warrior

Posted by: Krisztian.8405

Krisztian.8405

They should introduce a GM trait on a trait line that doesn’t boost condi damage, condi duration, toughness, healing, or power. This trait would reduce incoming condi damage by a factor of your healing power. This trait line could be Discipline for warriors for example.

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

I’ve said this before but i’ll say it again. They need to add another stat that condi users are forced to take to be effective. If we want to build for power, you need power, precision, and crit damage to be effective. This forces you to sacrifice defensive stats. You hit hard, but you die hard, so it’s balanced. Conditions are OP because all you need to take is condition damage and can take defensive stats and mindlessly spam skills while your damage eats away at your opponent.

They need to make conditions only have a CHANCE of activating when you apply them to a foe. Add a new stat that works like precision but for conditions. Condition chance or whatever. So someone with 100% condition chance will be able to always apply their conditions. Someone with no condition chance will have a hard time getting any of their conditions to stick to an enemy. Dire is a stat that never should have existed. The mindless condition spam while being tanky is cheesy as hell. We’re all sick of these high reward, no risk super tanky condition builds that take forever to kill while eating away at your health rapidly with conditions that they can reapply faster than you can cure them even if you spec for pure condition removal and nothing else. They WILL wear you down eventually. There needs to be more risk in this brainless style of gameplay.

^This..

Its way to easy to counter all -%conditions build just by getting 1 trait + food and you still do like 80% condition duration to everyone.. most bleeding have LONG durations..

They indeed need to rebalance condition bunkers.. stacking just condition damage + food and some trait/runes and you can stack vit/toughness also..

I run power/crit build warrior, if i meet a condition warrior i am doomed.. they have like +500 toughness and almost 10k more health compared to me..
Also i HAVE to crit to do good damage.. they dont.. just spam your conditions whenever you can..

Just remove food from this game and remove ALL + AND – condition runes/sigils..
Only traits should give – or + condition duration..
Its stupid if someone run with + food.. you get – Food.. its stupid.
Conditions are already long durations.. with food/runes/sigil and trait like +50% bleeding for warr.. making it WAY to OP.

Honestly I think the easiest fix for both + and – condition durations is make it like run speed / swiftness where the maximum % benefit applies, but the others do not. But I do like what both of you guys have offered as suggestions as well!

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

It would only make sense that 1 stat actually gave X amount or % of defense vs conditions. Such as vitality etc.

This game makes no kitten sense to me.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch