15second CD on Final Thrust. Really?

in Warrior

Posted by: Sephius.2876

Sephius.2876

So before you could spam it, and every 2 seconds final thrust would we up. So that’s around 3500 damage. That was fine, because it was spammable and easily achieved.

Now Final Thrust has a 15second cooldown, and the auto attack has received a harsh nerf. As if sword wasn’t bad enough, it’s one redeeming factor has had its balls chopped off. A 15second CD on Final Thrust is WAAAAY too high to be even remotely viable.

An absolute joke. Thieves can run riot with never ending initiative and no cooldowns and we’re limited by 15 seconds. I just don’t see how they thought this was a good idea.

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Me2..also the animation is slower now..definitely too obvious.

in Warrior

Sephius.2876

It’s a joke. It’s so punishing, if anything evades you get punished by 15 seconds. It’s a horrible nerf.

in Warrior

Sephius.2876

And hamstring damage was nerfed too, so the change has killed sword. I’d rather they just reverted it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Alphard.4308

Alphard.4308

i was so looking forward to it too

but really, 1h sword was never about straight up damage, its utility came from condition – higher base damage would have been a cherry on top, but continuous hamstring should help with stacking bleed on more mobile classes, yes?

Final thrust animation takes so long now, though. aint nobdy got time for that!

(edited by Alphard.4308)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ordin.9047

Ordin.9047

Please change it back.

in Warrior

Posted by: Aarean.5398

Aarean.5398

Hey could someone tell me how stupid the chain attack looks visually now? The humans sword chain looked cool and practical. Now its kittened right? Im stuck at work so i cant see it. Sounds like it would be dumb. Along with the severe damage nerf ofc.

in Warrior

Sephius.2876

Not to mention the casting time on Final Thrust is ridiculously long. It’s basically saying “Hey, dodge this!” and then boom, 15second cooldown whilst you’re back to the autoattack chain hitting for for nothing.

Just a terrible change.

in Warrior

Posted by: Vahlen.9508

Vahlen.9508

For a patch that was supposed to introduce new builds for weapons sets that were hurting I would say this was a resounding failure. It should be pretty clear by now that Anet doesn’t even know what’s happening in their own game…………..all they did was nerf kitten without giving anything back to under-performing sets. If I was the live-designer for this patch I’d be thoroughly embarrassed with my work.

in Warrior

Sephius.2876

They really do have no idea, they probably think they’ve done warriors a service— but instead they’ve just dealt us a harsh nerf.

in Warrior

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

i actually like this for my build, i can earthshaker someone for 5k and switch over and thrust someone for around 7k

but overall, i think this was a bad change for reasons people stated already

in Warrior

Sephius.2876

i actually like this for my build, i can earthshaker someone for 5k and switch over and thrust someone for around 7k

but overall, i think this was a bad change for reasons people stated already

If they reduced the casting time + reduced the rediculously long cooldown I might be happy. But right now I just feel underpowered. It’s not practical.