18.7k Kill Shot - At what cost?

in Warrior

Posted by: Felisen.8190

Felisen.8190

Q:

Tonight in WvW I was standing in front of a Tower and an enemy Warrior walks across the bridge and BOOOOOM one shot! Looking at the combat log it appears that I was hit by an 18.7k Kill Shot. Granted the engie alt I was on was only level 21.

So I am just curious, what does it take for a Warrior to be able to do that? Thanks!

in Warrior

Posted by: Von.2790

Von.2790

Tonight in WvW I was standing in front of a Tower and an enemy Warrior walks across the bridge and BOOOOOM one shot! Looking at the combat log it appears that I was hit by an 18.7k Kill Shot. Granted the engie alt I was on was only level 21.

So I am just curious, what does it take for a Warrior to be able to do that? Thanks!

A spontaneous class change to a thief would do that.

[Edit]
And in case this isn’t actually a troll post, your combat log would have told you what you were hit with.

in Warrior

Posted by: kyokara.1867

kyokara.1867

It’s hard to say if it would take a glass cannon build or not to do that, as the damage a lvl 80 can do against a 21 in WvW is pretty significant. But in any case, a warrior who puts points into arms, maybe str, chooses power/precision gear, and has a good rifle can pull that off. Even support-specced warriors can get crit killshots for around 8-9k.

80 Warrior
2 Mesmer (sPvP only)

in Warrior

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

Probably a 3 bar kill shot with zerkers gear against a low level. I bet a thief with a glass cannon build would have dropped 20k+ easily on you. I’ve never gotten a killshot even remotely that high but i don’t run glass cannon so i dunno.

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….

in Warrior

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

My kill shot has never hit over 10k, although I run all Knight’s gear. I would suspect full berserker gear and traits.

I agree with Recently though, a thief would’ve dropped far higher on you, I’ve imporved my gear a little since but at the time I had 3k armor, 22k hp and I died to one cast of Whirling Axe from a thief (stolen one I mean, not the Warrior one) in WvW.

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in Warrior

Posted by: Nugget.8031

Nugget.8031

I think they should lower the damage but also remove the cast time because its extremely easy to dodge.

Attachments:

in Warrior

Posted by: daoc.5087

daoc.5087

Yea lets balance the skills according to how much damage a fully decked out lvl 80 does to a lvl 21.

in Warrior

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

I do that in WvW too… never measured my exact damage but against some people yeah. Basically when I get tired of getting swarmed I just switch to ‘lots of damage’ and snipe people on/from walls. Berserker gear is pretty popular already so he probably had that. Retraited into something glassy like 30/30/0/0/10 or even 10/30/0/0/30 and then with your low level and medium armour… yeah.

So, it probably cost a few silver for the retrait. If he was only fighting ranged anyway, it’s not so bad survivability-wise.

in Warrior

Posted by: Bish.8627

Bish.8627

Well I have a condition damage build. It does have some power, and 20 points in str. I have hit 8k killshots. Here is the cost for that. Signet of rage popped, for great justice popped, the 4 skill vuln applied and then the guy still stood there still and in range not noticing me casting for a long time. Bad luck for him really. The cost in armor to do that much, I am certain its a glass cannon all crit/crit damage. These warriors cant really take much damage, but output crazy numbers.

As with hundred blades, and in my sword spec Flurry, the key to warriors is not sitting still in front of them, you get knocked down, or immobilized, break it, roll. I think priority one for any player is a stun break, not just for warriors either.

in Warrior

Posted by: Trump.9803

Trump.9803

Meh, dont really give a kitten how Glass Cannon that Warrior was, Kill Shot is OP and needs a nerf. In WvW I was hit for 15K on my 80 Ele wearing Cleric gear (has toughness). And the attack has 1500 range. Why does anyone think this is balanced? Or for others complaining their non-Glass Cannon Warrior “only” hits for 10K. Yeah, Kill Shot is fine lol.

in Warrior

Posted by: Krono.2918

Krono.2918

Kill Shot isn’t some crazy god-mode skill.

It’s power depends strictly on how much adrenaline you have built up, and more importantly IF it connects.

I don’t know about you, but in sPvP and WvW, I find my shots being “obstructed” more often than not.

If I could pick up Crack Shot and mash Kill Shot all day, I probably would, but it isn’t beneficial.

10s CD, and it requires significant adrenaline level to do high damage, not to mention a solid rifle and burst damage gear.

Also has a rather long cast time, giving the opponent ample time to take cover behind a shield, rock, invisible wall, etc.

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Killshot doesn’t crit more than 10k on a lvl 80 with proper gear (aka non glass cannon).
Even on lvl 80 glass cannons it will hit max 12k.

in Warrior

Posted by: Isoril.8942

Isoril.8942

Whats really funny is using Kill Shot on people while defending with the piercing trait. Can easily 1-shot 2-3 people if your angle is right.

in Warrior

Posted by: Snuff.4172

Snuff.4172

A spontaneous class change to a thief would do that.

[Edit]
And in case this isn’t actually a troll post, your combat log would have told you what you were hit with.

Von, get informed He actually said “kill shot” which is a warrior skill. I played warrior all beta and they are amazing. My alt is a warrior because if you know how to spec them they are insane.

Snuffeh – 80 Thief
http://youtu.be/YdBrhUNcbkM

in Warrior

LameFox.6349

Meh, dont really give a kitten how Glass Cannon that Warrior was, Kill Shot is OP and needs a nerf. In WvW I was hit for 15K on my 80 Ele wearing Cleric gear (has toughness). And the attack has 1500 range. Why does anyone think this is balanced? Or for others complaining their non-Glass Cannon Warrior “only” hits for 10K. Yeah, Kill Shot is fine lol.

Why would I think it isn’t balanced? Just saying that your squishy class ‘with toughness’ got hit for 15k doesn’t automatically imply imbalance.

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Kill shot (Rifle), I’ve never seen it (probably not possible to exceed 12K) in the most extreme of circumstances. I know I’ve only seen a personal best in the 9K range.

However, I have rarely done that with a Ballista (3rd ability) and even more in one shot (personal best is 22K). Ballistas are crazy spike damage output but the projectiles are fairly slow meaning it is very easy to avoid simply by strafing side to side slightly.

<<< Over 3500 WvW kills and counting on my warrior (not that it is impressive by any means, just perspective)

in Warrior

Posted by: draylore.2837

draylore.2837

What does it take?

Hmm…..some gear……..a rifle………some traits…..a few select utils……..and most importantly…….I weak….stationary……unprepared idiot…..err target.

in Warrior

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

Ok. This thread is kind of funny actually. Looks like most players don’t even know how to build for max DPS. To get that kind of kill shot, you do the following (and note the 25k kill shot posted in this thread):

1. Full Berserker’s level 80 Exotic gear. This should be obvious. And it goes without saying you pack full Ruby accessories. Edit: And weapon ofc.

2. High-DPS rune set like Scholar, Divinity, Strength. Other options like Eagle are also fine. You want power and crit damage.

3. Food with crit damage is a bonus.

4. Guild claim keep buffs.

5. Weapon with Bloodlust sigil to stack 25×7/10 (Superior at 10 per stack is expensive, I have 7 per stack for +175 power fully stacked). Note: since the Rifle is a 2h, put the sigil on your weapon swap. Then use a Sigil of Force on your Rifle for +5%.

6. Full glass cannon trait build. Pew pew pew.

7. Go shoot someone. Preload it with SigRage, FGJ, vuln debuffs if applicable / immediate. Add in Frenzy so you can immediately follow with a rapid fire volley to ensure a kill after you down them.

That is how you brutalize someone in WvW.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in Warrior

Posted by: draylore.2837

draylore.2837

Ok. This thread is kind of funny actually. Looks like most players don’t even know how to build for max DPS. To get that kind of kill shot, you do the following (and note the 25k kill shot posted in this thread):

1. Full Berserker’s level 80 Exotic gear. This should be obvious. And it goes without saying you pack full Ruby accessories. Edit: And weapon ofc.

2. High-DPS rune set like Scholar, Divinity, Strength. Other options like Eagle are also fine. You want power and crit damage.

3. Food with crit damage is a bonus.

4. Guild claim keep buffs.

5. Weapon with Bloodlust sigil to stack 25×7/10 (Superior at 10 per stack is expensive, I have 7 per stack for +175 power fully stacked). Note: since the Rifle is a 2h, put the sigil on your weapon swap. Then use a Sigil of Force on your Rifle for +5%.

6. Full glass cannon trait build. Pew pew pew.

7. Go shoot someone. Preload it with SigRage, FGJ, vuln debuffs if applicable / immediate. Add in Frenzy so you can immediately follow with a rapid fire volley to ensure a kill after you down them.

That is how you brutalize someone in WvW.

Yep …and its alot to go thru just to be able to take advantage of idiots while leaving yourself open to be brutalized by non-idiots.

in Warrior

LameFox.6349

Don’t forget to have one of those Order rifle skins with the scope on it, just in case somebody looks closely at what you’re doing.

in Warrior

EasymodeX.4062

You know, when the enemy has 25 different targets to look at (and a bonus 15 more pets and illusions), there is a relatively low chance of them actually noticing you about to snipe them.

In addition, as I stated, you can combo it with Frenzy to virtually guarantee getting the shot off.

Naturally, this is not necessarily the most optimal setup for a 1v1. However, it does have a lot of viability. Notice that the majority of players kittening around in WvW will push until they are low on life, then retreat using defensive cooldowns.

What happens when they go from 100→downed instantly? No escape. Even with lesser setup, going from 80→downed is much more effective than taking 2 people from 80→20%.

in Warrior

Posted by: Junkkis.5137

Junkkis.5137

Thats nothing. my ranger main can do over 15k damage with longbow rapit fire. longer range and dont need adreline…

in Warrior

Posted by: Torres.2890

Torres.2890

To be able to hit that, the warrior sacrifises alot. I’ve played it, in a real fight you don’t last for long.

Baruch Bay.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kellhus.8071

Kellhus.8071

The damage of that hit is about stacking crit damage and forcing a crit with full adren, as well as finding the rare target who has not put a single trait point into taking a hit.

I think an eviserate crit would’ve hit you for more.

in Warrior

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

Got hit by 10k as a bunker spec ele, lvl 80 fully geared :O first time.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

On these forums here I have seen more than one youtube video of glass cannon warriors doing more than 18k with the kneel down shot.

in Warrior

Posted by: Nier.2478

Nier.2478

In WvW, I don’t mind it getting nerfed. But in tPvP? Think again. I’d like to see one Warrior who actually can make Rifle even work in tPvP.

TL;DR Nerf its outside gear scaling, but don’t touch it in tPvP.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009

in Warrior

EasymodeX.4062

Crit damage in WvW is a pervasive issue for multiple builds because it uses the silly PvE ruleset. Kill Shot just highlights it similar to Thief backstab builds.

Also, nice thread necro.

in Warrior

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

Killshot doesn’t crit more than 10k on a lvl 80 with proper gear (aka non glass cannon).
Even on lvl 80 glass cannons it will hit max 12k.

Little do you know about 25-30k killshots on GC(lvl 80) if you decide to deck out in full berserker gear supplemented with all tricks possible(Stack that bloodlust sigil on something! then change to rifle! get food with 200 power for 30 sec on kill and 10 crit damage, and stone for 100 more power to get power level and critical damage insane! Dig in with disc banner, signet of might as well as OMM and troll that glass cannon(not sure why did I need to do damage almost 3 times as much as his healthbar!
Well, it’s pretty pointless because when I went with that I picked up longbow to throw some troll arcing arrows for 10-12k(didn’t have longbow traits tho :P could get someish 10% more damage i think).
I’ve found it inferior to my usual mix of survivability and damage. Because dead people can not do damage. I have had great fun defending keeps and towers with it, and i carry it around as a change-suit :P
EDIT:
oh come on i replied to 3 months old comment. Thread necromancy -.-

(edited by Evalia.7103)

in Warrior

Posted by: Quakeman.9378

Quakeman.9378

For those of you who say that kill shot maxes out at 12k watch this mayhem. I laugh every time.

Yoloswaginz- D/D thief SBI
Tyronee Biggums- Warrior SBI
“If fifty people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing”-Bertrand Russell

in Warrior

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

It can be done but you kind build for the ability and I would say volley since volley can do good damage also.

I hit for 18k the other day on a lowbie. 16k on a regular 80 before but I never paid attention to how many vuln stacks it had.

It’s fun running rifle there will eventually be people that notice you in the back though like a thief and when they come to put pressure on you it can throw you off as you have been just sitting in the back free casting ranger style.

On average though I would say my killshots are between 7-9k damage with 11k’ every so often depending on target.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Warrior

Posted by: SwickHobo.5096

SwickHobo.5096

it requires
30-0-0-0-30 last 10 points are preference.
Requires Full Zerker gear with scholar runes.
25 stacks of bloodlust
Sigil of Force/Night
10 Might (Sig of might,-Sig of rage)
10 Vulnerability (On my mark)
Butternut Curry
Sharpening Stone
and of course it requires a 2 sec channeled projectile to not get randomly obstructed, or reflected, or blocked, or dodged, or deflected.

All in all tho, when those things match up perfectly its actually a very fun build that i often use to snipe commanders to mess with the zerg. You could remove 10 points from str or disc. and get the piercing trait as well for a llittle more zerg ummph if you so desire. But i personally find piercing traits to be pretty trashy.

in Warrior

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

For those of you who say that kill shot maxes out at 12k watch this mayhem. I laugh every time.

Wow look it’s a youtube compilation of a series of people who seem to have removed their “dodge” key from their keyboard being shot by an extremely edgy and disproportionate norn. Neat, made my day.

EDIT: Also AC/DC without bon scott, shiggy

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

(edited by Writetyper.1985)

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

lol. /necro thread

@my post from 6 months prior -
Note, Ballista can no longer crit after the a month back so you will no longer see a 20k+ one shot from Ballista again. The crit chance on ballista was a hidden bonus against siege but has been changed to no work against players as well.

Glass-cannon rifle, just hope you don’t get Kill Shot block/reflected.

in Warrior

Posted by: fost.9167

fost.9167

Ive come up against rifle warriors on my hammer, its easy to dodge or endure pain or, and more fun, shield block/reflect projectiles

Rifle can be a fun spec though regardless.

in Warrior

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

A warrior built around killshot is so useless in 1v1’s it’s comedy.

We were dueling and there was this warrior who is obsessed with killshot and kept dueling my warrior. We fought like 5 times and it wouldn’t even be a close fight. He would knock me down and frenzy+killshot and I would just endure pain and it’s all wasted. He would die right after.

He then gave up when I put up shield stance (with reflect trait) and reflected it back at him.