1v2 General tips?

1v2 General tips?

in Warrior

Posted by: Hadokken.2194

Hadokken.2194

Im currently leveling up my warrior with some friends and intend to do WvW (solo/small group roaming) once im 80 and I’ve been doing a lot of sPvP to prepare. in a 1v1 i generally do ok, although i do have a hard time against necro’s and engineers. in a 1v2 however, more often than not the best i can do is “survive” and wait for backup to even the odds. While it may be a bit easier in WvW due to not having to worry about standing on the capture point to cap/defend, i’d still appreciate some general tips to help stay alive longer or even win.

Here is the current build im running. Please note that i do not like the playstyle of 2h weapons such as hammers or greatswords, so im a bit reluctant to switch to those.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIIQRAnZ8ejkONvFPyOMxBE0DNsK2CThfQ9YOsj4A-jkDBYfChofwYLQ0yQEBBkhDO7pIasVRFRjV7ATVKpKXCyWdAmzR2jTZFA-w

1v2 General tips?

in Warrior

Posted by: Ethaine.8419

Ethaine.8419

In WvW i generally play near terrain where i know i can sword leap to it to break combat and reset the fight if needed. Basically, map out where you are and use it to your advantage.

1v2 General tips?

in Warrior

Posted by: Epic.3950

Epic.3950

picking targets is extremely important. I cant really go into depth cause I dont know your build or your playstyle but generally you want to target “high priorities” first. you can determine their priority level by poking them with a ranged ability before they boon up. for instance if you poke a ele to find they are full zerker, murder them and save your dodges. if you have a warrior with a healsig, I generally attack them last because they are too hard to deal with with other people for them to reset behind. I like killing rangers, zerkers of any type, and necros first. if you got a really hard 2v1 like a condie necro and a condie engie it might be a brutal fight but the best you can do in that is avoid their initial bombs or you wont stand a chance. <<<<this applies for almost any condition +x v1 situation. good luck

1v2 General tips?

in Warrior

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

If youre fighting 1v2 with people of the same skill level, you cannot win. Its as simple as that.

Some basic advice would be to watch for when one overextended and to try and burst them down before the second can jump on you. Kiting is good for just getting CDs up and waiting for them to mess up. Dont be afraid of using cheesy tactics, since theyre the ones being unfair by doing 2v1.

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

1v2 General tips?

in Warrior

Hadokken.2194

In WvW i generally play near terrain where i know i can sword leap to it to break combat and reset the fight if needed. Basically, map out where you are and use it to your advantage.

I tend to use this where applicable for instance when not fighting on a point for whatever reason

1v2 General tips?

in Warrior

Hadokken.2194

picking targets is extremely important. I cant really go into depth cause I dont know your build or your playstyle but generally you want to target “high priorities” first. you can determine their priority level by poking them with a ranged ability before they boon up. for instance if you poke a ele to find they are full zerker, murder them and save your dodges. if you have a warrior with a healsig, I generally attack them last because they are too hard to deal with with other people for them to reset behind. I like killing rangers, zerkers of any type, and necros first. if you got a really hard 2v1 like a condie necro and a condie engie it might be a brutal fight but the best you can do in that is avoid their initial bombs or you wont stand a chance. <<<<this applies for almost any condition +x v1 situation. good luck

I’m pretty much all melee (but have gap closers to make up for it) so I can’t really poke per se, but understand what you’re talking about. Could you elaborate on how you take down necros? Even if they’re squishy I just can’t burst them down fast enough before my stability runs out. Their F1 usually keeps them alive long enough to get some CD’s back up

(edited by Hadokken.2194)