1vGroup please

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

So we’ve all seen the vids. We know who’s capable of this.
What I’m asking is for any of the elite warriors out there to please post a vid and your spec of your warrior going 1vGroup (4-5+) and winning, spikes and all. Please.

Just went 1v6 in WvW on my d/d ele earlier today before XMas dinner. Home again and hopped on my thief to badge farm, having a nice 1v4 before character swapping.

Went on my warrior again, because he’s who I really would like to “main” and…

Yeah, 1v1’s ok (unless it’s one of the godly 3) and 1v2 if they’re both upleveled but tried to charge a 5-man group in open field and only managed to down 2 of them, no stomps before getting handed my plated butt to me. From a scenario most likely I would have grabbed a few bags from if I died at all on my ele earlier.

So please, if any other warrior has accomplished the same battlefield potential in 1vGroup scenarios post up a vid or two and show us how it’s done. Otherwise it just feels like all the gold, all that time farming and levelling to complete a warrior was just wasted effort.

Thanks in advance,
Sad Panda.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

Not even geared like you are

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Braxxus.2904

You’re kidding right?

You barely downed a single player, no stomps.

That’s not even remotely close to what was asked. Anyone can show running into a group and downing a player then fleeing for their life. What was asked was a 1vGroup (4-5+) and WINNNING. With stomps. Like any one of the myriad of d/d ele, thief, mesmer WvW vids.

Did you even read the OP?

Edit: I realize that may have come out fairly harsh. Though I sincerely doubt anyone is going to be able to actually post a vid like the ele/thief/mesmer ones on a warrior. Because the class just isn’t built properly. I’d be less surprised to see an engi or ranger post one because there is some sustainability within those classes even if a player has to go above and beyond to squeeze out the performance to do it.

Still it’s to prove a point. I don’t know about you but when I try to sell the game’s “skill-based MMO PvP” to my friends I’m sure not showing them TPvP vids (boring meta. Watching a bunker and some roamer footage isn’t very WOW inducing to most PvP oriented gamers I know). I’m showing them the vids of a D/D ele running into the middle of 5 people and wrecking them complete with stomps. Or the d/d or P/D thief taking out 6 guys. Solo.

But then showing them a warrior vid of bumrushing 1 dude and blowing him up only to run away scared as kitten… doesn’t quite inspire much “ohhhhhhh nice” reactions in my experience.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

(edited by Braxxus.2904)

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Schwahrheit.4203

^
Better than you can ever accomplish with your Warrior <3

No seriously, you’re way too worked up. Why don’t you lighten up man.

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Posted by: Billy.1879

Billy.1879

:( I’ve managed to 1v3 a few people but they gang bang me in downstate.

ever tried stomping a thief, mesmer and ele all at once?

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Posted by: Deathspike.1870

Deathspike.1870

I have never seen a skilled Warrior going against a group of remotely skilled enemies and live to tell the tale. Warriors are snared, knocked backed, blinded, knocked down, kited and horribly destroyed with no real effort. Especially against a group. The only classes capable of such a feat are those with reliable condition removal, healing and superb mobility. Even a Warrior with 3x shout and Soldier Runes does not have enough condition removes, and would lack stun breakers.

Active: Mesmer, Warrior
Inactive: Guardian, Elementalist, Ranger, Thief (ex-main)
Leveling: Engineer, Necromancer

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

In my opinion there’re only 2 ways to accomplish that in WvWvW:
1. Use I trait from strenght trait tree, called “Death From Above”. If you can perfectly launch it from high cliff, does really, really nice damage, no limit of targets. then you just simply launch some strong AoE to execute players, however they can zerg you in second if you’re too late.
2. Try really glassy setup, which is glass canoon GS full berserker+ Hammer. You can pick a trait which gives you 50% crit chance if target is stunned. Then you launch Earthshaker to Frezny HB, Whirlwind. Succesfull and unexpected combo can be deadly for whole bunch of enemies.

The problem is, even if you down 4-5 players, it’s really hard to stomp them, I prefer killing them by attacks. Even if downed, they do damage, blind you, stun you etc, and you don’t have perma stealth stomps or crazy regeneration/toughtness. You can’t, you won’t take down 4-5 players with some kitten tanky build, you have to be a glass.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Schwahrheit.4203

I love how Brax admits that he is of low-skill level with this topic though. Pretty kitten rich of you ask me.

The point of the video is to show that Warrior doesn’t need much to trade hits in a zerg. Now imagine the plays you can make if you actually had gear, lmao.

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Posted by: AlBundy.7851

AlBundy.7851

@Schwar

Do you main a thief?

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

@Schwar: You completely misunderstood the OP. It has nothing to do with trading hits in a zerg, and everything to do with the mechanics of the class limiting the capabilities of a Warrior against a group of players in a fight to the death. I’ve been diving zergs for a long time now and causing more mayhem with my Hammer than your video demonstrated with a sword/board.

But again, it isn’t about mayhem, or surviving a burst encounter. That isn’t to say the ability to cause high damage disruption isn’t valuable in WvW, because it most definitely is. However, it’s the futility of having an engagement with multiple other people. As a Warrior, you WILL lose, unless you can run (which is highly unlikely against many classes). I’ve downed a person or two against a group of players as well, but there’s no good follow-up. The best you can hope for is for one of the 3 or so others to start rezzing the downed, opening up a burst opportunity on both.

It has happened slowly, but I’ve started to become increasingly frustrated at what feels like shackles when I play GW2. Yes, I can still dive zergs, and yes, it helps rout them more often than not, but I’m wholly dependent on my teammates. As much as I have burst damage and burst CC, I have burst survivability. If one single thing goes wrong, I die.

I’m fine with dying against multiple skilled opponents. I’m much less fine having no real hope in a situation against 2 level 80 players if both happen to be ranged. I’m less fine knowing that having a larger health pool on a Warrior is a complete illusion. I’m less fine knowing that having higher natural toughness means very little in the face of classes with Protection.

All I want is a little something more. Maybe a Parry profession ability on a 10 second cooldown that lets you put up a .5 second window for blocking an attack with any weapon. Something that lets me feel like I can control my own destiny instead of feeling like “Well, I got crippled, so I guess I’ll get picked apart now since I’m not a completely dedicated condi removal Warrior”.

It’s so close that I can taste it, but I don’t think ANet has any plans whatsoever to make the right style of changes.

It would be fine if there weren’t certain classes dangling the ability to combat 3+ people and win. But there are, and all it does is make me yearn for an additional mechanic or two that I can use to propel myself to potential victory against 3 people.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

2-3 is my max, 4 maybe in WvW….probably not 5+ though

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Braxxus.2904

@Schwar: Try reading what Cog wrote and see if you can process it without blindly going on one of your narcissistic tirades. I understand now that asking you to understand anything I write is impossible with how you respond to anything with my name next to it, but Cog got the point exactly right.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

As far as I know, most entertaining Glass Cannon WvWvW warrior video, you have pretty nice 1vX here, however with no stomps everytime due to squishy defense of HB+H

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Cogbyrn.7283

As far as I know, most entertaining Glass Cannon WvWvW warrior video, you have pretty nice 1vX here, however with no stomps everytime due to squishy defense of HB+H

I want to take this video seriously, but I can’t. Not as a legitimate example of 1vX. However, that is also assuming that 1vX for other classes like D/D Eles and Thieves and such are 80 v 80s. You can cane up-leveled players with basically no issue, but that doesn’t mean to me that the class can actually 1vX.

The fight at 8:55 is a perfect example. Three up-leveled characters, two come after the first gets downed. I get that he’s a glass cannon, but he has no stability in his build, the other two don’t even try to CC him, and he still gets downed. As far as 1vX goes, it doesn’t really sate my desire.

Of course, that isn’t to say it isn’t entertaining. I’ve been running Hammer/GS for a while now, and I love how the weapons play together. However, if I came across this guy out in the field, I could probably paste him based on build alone. That isn’t a knock against his ability to play Warrior, but what could he do against an enemy Hammer Warrior who has Balanced Stance? Any sort of chain CC by any single enemy in any of those groups would massacre him mercilessly.

I appreciate your attempt, and I’m guessing this is as close as it’ll get. Just try watching his enemies in this video and you’ll probably get a sense for what I mean.

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Posted by: Akumu.7238

Akumu.7238

You’re not going to see it. Warrior does not have the mitigation or the self healing capability. You have too many negatives stacked against you and no “leet” player can workaround it, unless they are hacking. At most you can just get lucky by running across a group of pure unhuman like bads. No group should have any trouble focusing down a warrior. We don’t have the tricks that other classes have. You’re basically glued to the ground(like guardian) without the self support to make up for it. Which is why the greatsword is the best weapon we have by a major gap(mobility/damage/evade).

Sure you can use the sword for mobility, but you leave yourself wide open to attacks. Which is not the same for Mesmer, Guardian, Ranger, and Thief with a sword. It makes matters worst when it is condition focused but sucks at condition stacking.

Condition Burst or gtfo is your only options for a condition build. Warrior is terrible at doing it. Distracting Strikes should not tier 2 and Physical Training should not be tier 3 in the strength tree. It would have been better in the defense tree. Also stomp should have a 30 sec cd. Engineers can AoE CC a wide area every 24 seconds if specced. Condition bursters must be able to survive, which is why is questionable why these are wrongly placed.

^I mean if we suck at Healing and Damage Mitigation,you would think we would have much better CC with our physical skills. Not that it would be the end all, of all the various issues.

The warrior has so many small flaws that snowballs as it goes on.

I don’t wanna live a thousand years. If I just live through today, that’ll be enough.

(edited by Akumu.7238)

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Posted by: Anwedie.2360

Anwedie.2360

It doesn’t matter how good you are, some classes just have much more powerful down states. And by powerful, I mean that it takes longer to stomp them than it does to kill some classes standing up. They need to reduce the stomp timer by half again, lower the downed HP by half or redo all the downstates to remove any “stomp delay” abilities.

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

What I’m asking is for any of the elite warriors out there to please post a vid and your spec of your warrior going 1vGroup (4-5+) and winning, spikes and all. Please.

Just went 1v6 in WvW on my d/d ele earlier today before XMas dinner. Home again and hopped on my thief to badge farm, having a nice 1v4 before character swapping.

Yeah, 1v1’s ok (unless it’s one of the godly 3) and 1v2 if they’re both upleveled but tried to charge a 5-man group in open field and only managed to down 2 of them, no stomps before getting handed my plated butt to me. From a scenario most likely I would have grabbed a few bags from if I died at all on my ele earlier.

So please, if any other warrior has accomplished the same battlefield potential in 1vGroup scenarios post up a vid or two and show us how it’s done. Otherwise it just feels like all the gold, all that time farming and levelling to complete a warrior was just wasted effort.

Thanks in advance,
Sad Panda.

The potential that warriors got right now Braxxus. The answer is no because they don’t have the survivability to go up against 2 or 3 professions especially if they happen to be very good players. I feel where you are coming from Braxxus because the only thing I see from a warrior only being good at 1 vs 1 burst. The lack of defensive boons and toughness not being worth to spec into over 2k is what kills the warrior class. Plus, not having many different other builds to be viable and participating more in pvp is another downer for warriors. It reminds me about what I said on a thread a yesterday.

Cool video, but this is the same glass cannon build videos or stuff similar to that category.

It sucks that this is the only potential a warrior got in GW2 just like any other profession in this game. It’s either burst, bunker or nothing and that’s pretty much it. I wouldn’t mind seeing a condition warrior once in awhile, but due to it limits it is most likely we won’t see any videos of that build or even better yet, a bunker warrior holding down a base as good as a guardian, caltrops thief, bunker eles and many more that can do this job until back up arrives.

This is all that GW2 has to offer for pvp in general until changes come in the future. Hopefully, then we won’t have to keep seeing the same old burst / bunker videos all the time. Finally, seeing some variety of different builds participating in pvp serving its purpose and players proud to represent them in their videos. Plus, giving new and veteran players something to look forward to test.

If this is the best thing they can come up with a warrior game play in pvp. I might as well play a guardian since it is also another heavy armor class, but have better survivability and support defensive boons they can keep up constantly.

Pineapples

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Braxxus.2904

I appreciate the responses.

I agree with you (posts above this) saying that I won’t see it from a warrior.

Part of the reason for the OP was because often when issues with the warrior gets brought up as having issues these random warrior demi-gods (in their own mind… coughschwarcough) throw out the whole “You’re just bad and I’m awesome. Warriors are fine, L2P”. So ok, I can buy that… if any of them could provide some proof that we’re “fine”. As in capable in combat like the classes we have a myriad of proof of being “fine”.

Yes it’s WvW, but in a way it provides a larger view of the class potential than the conquest “stand on this node better than the other guy” does. IMO of course, I know many people would disagree.

Truth be told I do really kind of wish someone would come post this miraculous vid of Achilles incarnate (of GW2) stomping face 1vGroup successfully and provided a revelation of warrior gameplay. I would love to see that and go “My god! I was wrong! I am truly bad and my spirit is lifted, my desire to work on my warrior and improve revitalized!”

But… Well yeah.

Hell as much as the Devs claim they “Like where the warrior is at” I almost wish they would post something showing “See guys! This is how we envision the warrior, you’re just all playing it wrong. It’s a shining beacon of balance and capability!”

Alas…

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Posted by: Condas.7056

Condas.7056

Here is one, this is not my video by the way.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iR8jjDlM4rs

Best part is at 5:45, 1v(4?) and he walks away with them all dead. Though it is a close call, very fun fight to watch.

(edited by Condas.7056)

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Posted by: Akumu.7238

Akumu.7238

Most fights are solo. Others are 1v2 with 1 being underleveled and he still almost died. It’s also clear like most edited videos he only put in the worse baddies he came across. I like how the ranger was trying to melee AA him down instead of sicking his pet on him and plucking him down with arrows. Not mention he had a slow kitten bear for a pet… He basically cut his own dps down by half.

My other favorite part was how a guardian stood at the top of a tower throwing the slow scepter orbs at him instead of stomping him. Every guardian he came across was a dps guardian lol… How about those few that were hit by Killshot at point blank range…

What about the bad attunement dancing ele or the false 80 lolgreatsword swinging one.
A false 80 and a true 80 downed him, but stood directly on his body ranging him….They allowed him to rally himself and made it even easier for him to trollblades them… Why didn’t they just stomp him?

Call me a hater or whatever you want. However, most of those players were clearly bad and had little clue how to play their class or against a warrior. Warrior damage is not to be laughed at, but it is not hard to avoid. A good player would have used CC and more fluid movement. Those players clearly looked to be panicking based on their reactions when he landed a hit.

and no…Not 1v4…. The dude managed to take out 1, then the follow up… Then low on hp he was able to run away while another just AA at him…Then the third guy tried rezzing dead players instead of taking out a 2k hp full glass cannon warrior… Which he again was allowed to pull off a Killshot….Oh hey the warrior is down again? Let’s not stomp him but instead try to rez my fellow dead players again… There’s no way he can instantly rally himself.

I was kidding about the unhuman like bads earlier. Now I see they really do exist…

I don’t wanna live a thousand years. If I just live through today, that’ll be enough.

(edited by Akumu.7238)

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Cogbyrn.7283

I’m realizing that I need to find some Ele/Thief 1vX videos just to set a standard. Again though, this video has some entertainment value, but doesn’t impress me on the 1vX stage. Many of the fights seem to start with an 8k volley on an opponent just running through. Many also involve a Frenzy burst tearing through one of the two, or sometimes both stacked on top of one another.

Maybe he can 1v3 when one of them is a Longbow Warrior, but pick any random set of 3 with any sort of CC and how long would he really last?

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Posted by: Condas.7056

Condas.7056

I’m realizing that I need to find some Ele/Thief 1vX videos just to set a standard. Again though, this video has some entertainment value, but doesn’t impress me on the 1vX stage. Many of the fights seem to start with an 8k volley on an opponent just running through. Many also involve a Frenzy burst tearing through one of the two, or sometimes both stacked on top of one another.

Maybe he can 1v3 when one of them is a Longbow Warrior, but pick any random set of 3 with any sort of CC and how long would he really last?

Same could be said about the other classes. A lot of these situations has to do with the players behind each character involved.

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Posted by: Ansultares.1567

Ansultares.1567

I was kidding about the unhuman like bads earlier. Now I see they really do exist…

I 1v4d for sub-80s next to the allied dredge cannon by Anzalia’s the other day.

I can only guess that outside of WvW, the four of them combined still had single digit levels.

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

you can 1v1 with a good player and lose. you can 1v3 with some upscaled newbies and win.. not telling a lot imho. in WvW i have some success with 30 points in defense into spiked armor, with endure pain and fear me i can cause a lot of havoc in the middle of enemies and still make it out alive. still trying to find the best traits with those 30 mandatory points, ive had some success with 20/20/30/0/0 but missing the condition removal and faster weapon swap. (im gs/lb too)… still trying to find the perfect build. im running the free fraps and i never remember to press the record button before i go into the fray.. so no vids yet. >.<

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

But then showing them a warrior vid of bumrushing 1 dude and blowing him up only to run away scared as kitten… doesn’t quite inspire much “ohhhhhhh nice” reactions in my experience.

Thanks, I enjoyed that gave a smile I was wondering the same thing.

OP: I don’t have a vid but back in beta some one from Team Paradigm put together a Warrior 1h healing build that wrecked people, its as tanky as D/D and dose some good damage as the off set was Axe+Axe or something of the sort. It can be done, it just wont be with a DPS weapon or build.

(edited by Cempa.5619)

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Cogbyrn.7283

Same could be said about the other classes. A lot of these situations has to do with the players behind each character involved.

That’s what I’m wondering. These videos of a 1v4+ D/D elementalist: what are 2-3 of the classes/specs, what levels are the characters, and how are the players contributing to the fight? When I read this thread the first time, I imagined a D/D being able to safely take on at least 3 skilled opponents. I’m beginning to wonder.

I’ll be doing some searching today for some Ele vids, but if anyone has a choice bit, please post as a point of reference. Perhaps some of these vids are more comparable than I think.

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Posted by: Sanny.1270

Sanny.1270

i have done 2v1’s 3v1’s 2v1’s that turn into 5, its good for entertainment and makes for solid vids, but the reality is 1vX against players that know how to play, you are not going to win, regardless of what class you are.

edit: @ Condas.7056 <3 thx for the vid drop. glass SS/GS vid coming out soon.

Second To God ~ 80 Warrior
http://www.youtube.com/user/T3hSanny

(edited by Sanny.1270)

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Schwahrheit.4203

I love how questionable Braxxus’ standards are when he is of low standard himself to be honest.

I mean couldn’t you have thought of the fact that maybe those Ele’s who 1vgroup’d are fully geared against non-geared players while only taking good pictures? People have off-days and are new too you know.

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

I agree, warriors need more control moves—other than cripple; or a better way to shake off conditions. It’s a shame you have to trait for it specifically AND get runes to get up to 6 conditions removed (2 per shout). Also, having no aegis sucks since we have to tank everything with our own flesh and bone. I had to trait into regen banner and cleric gear to do any decent amount of self healing, but still find myself dying easily in groups due to lack of blocks/damage mitagation—it’s as if Anet wants us to be glass canons.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Posted by: AlfredKlios.9657

AlfredKlios.9657

Thanks in advance,
Sad Panda.

You’re a fool to think you can take on multple people at once anyways and posting your claims of battles against you that were epic.

Yea in WoW i could take down 3 or 4 people at once on my Prot Pally, given their gearscore was total garbage and bad at CC-chaining.

And only the worst types of player in a group of 4 or 6 people as you claim would allow their downed teammates to be flagged or even killed slowly.

You’re relying on people being bad and getting a hype out of it, You almost sound like a runescape player (before EoC) running around claiming his battle skill to be godly with his rune scimitar against undergeared newb.

1v Group is impractical and virtually impossible unless ganking really kittenty people in really kittenty gear, largely due to downed state as the person you just defeated can just be revived in 4 seconds if rezz’d instantly. Don’t expect the game to revolve around soloing groups of people, it just screams they are bad.

Find a reputed person of a class, have a good solo fight with him, post the vid. That’ll earn you alot more respect from people than wild claims of “pwing newbs”.

Yea, keep kittening that this isnt in much regards to your OP, but i hate to let a person make a fool of themselves claiming grandeur when they are really preying upon the worst of pvp in a game that has the most exploitable PvP scenarios of all time.

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Cogbyrn.7283

I’m going to keep asking for a D/D Ele video to prove one way or the other until someone posts one.

And even if you responded surprisingly emotionally to this thread, there’s still an argument that the skill ceiling differential between certain classes can be explored in some capacity by a class’s ability to take on a group of players. If your class has the ability to take on 5 players of a certain skill level, while mine has the ability to take on 2 players of the same skill level, it’s at least something you could build a story/discussion from. Perhaps it’s “the class that can only take 2 has unique playstyles that benefit groups moreso than other classes”, or “the class that can only take 2 is missing an enjoyable mechanic or two that would really bring its skill ceiling up”, or whatever.

It’s better than the rest of the threads on these forums these days. Unless, of course, people want to drag their XBox Live communication techniques into this thread as well.

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

Can ANY Warrior build do this???

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Cogbyrn.7283

Even with the number of up-leveled opponents in this video, any Warrior build with the healing/mobility to live through this would probably have absolutely no damage. The regen, mobility, and sheer number of options this player has are insane. It also frustrates me that Ride the Lightning seems to not be hindered at all by Cripple.

It isn’t that I want a build like the one in this video nerfed (though I’m going to be bitter about RtL for a while), I just want an iota of the potential this build has for dictating a fight and taking advantage of hours of practice. I’m not the perfect Warrior by any means, but the question remains: could I do anything remotely close to resembling this? No.

The simple reason? Cripple.

The more I stew, the more I wish Mobile Strikes also removed Cripple, or for movement abilities to not be affected by cripple as a general rule, to at least allow melee Warriors some modicum of freedom. Also, the Discipline trait line’s Burst stat needs to get the hell out. Maybe something like “each point causes each strike of Adrenaline consume to heal for .03% of the Warrior’s health”. At 30 points, it would be .9% per strike, and with 30 strikes in a full bar of Adrenaline, we’re looking at 27% health restored. Or maybe a regen that builds in power as Adrenaline stacks.

SOMEthing to provide a bit of sustainability. ANYthing that isn’t a complete waste of consideration.

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Posted by: Warjin.8942

Warjin.8942

Holy cow man, that’s not right at all. so much for armor types, useless.

Really though I don’t want to play a class that overpowered, warriors need some tweeks I agree with you there but that class/build in that video just needs nerfs, cloth wearer taking more damage then a raid boss.

13 min video of fighting 8-10 players at a time including npcs with 17k health, lets do the math ???? that’s an elemental with over 500K+ health and damage of a glass canon build with more damage reduction then a guardian, yeah something isn’t right here, I hope A-net gets to work on fixing this stuff if they expect people to pay real money for SPvP tournaments.

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Posted by: TheMerc.4850

TheMerc.4850

Another thing that goes in other typical bunker classes’ favor is the built in utility on others. You’ve got 4 different weapon skills just by being an elementalist, every mesmer has a built in invulnerability they can use offensively on stomps or defensively on immobilizes and such, guardians have virtues that open up their healing options for sure and to some extent utility skills.

As a warrior you get a burst skill, and most don’t feel conducive enough for bunker play, a 2 second stun on a mace or aoe stun on a hammer is nice at times but they won’t lend a ton of survivability in the long run, especially in a 1 on many fight (as well as taking the adrenal healing away, as sub par as 360 every third regen tick is).

The extra armor and health doesn’t do the class as much good as most people seem to think it does, and typically only benefits glass builds, if to make them viable.

Edit: Another thing that helps immensely is the passive condition removal elementalists, guardians and even mesmers can utilize. The amount of condition removal these 3 can utilize is pretty amazing, guardians and elementalists at least.

Double Edit: What’s with that schwartz guy being a kitten in every other post?

(edited by TheMerc.4850)

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Posted by: AlBundy.7851

AlBundy.7851

Schwarz is our resident warrior troll(even though he sucks at it). If I had to guess and mind you this is a guess, I’d say he’s a disgruntled thief. I think he gets his biggest jollies from pointing out things warriors have been doing since before release of the game and trying to make them seem new. Even though he fails everytime at least he tries to make this sub forum seem active.

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

Holy cow man, that’s not right at all. so much for armor types, useless.

Really though I don’t want to play a class that overpowered, warriors need some tweeks I agree with you there but that class/build in that video just needs nerfs, cloth wearer taking more damage then a raid boss.

13 min video of fighting 8-10 players at a time including npcs with 17k health, lets do the math ???? that’s an elemental with over 500K+ health and damage of a glass canon build with more damage reduction then a guardian, yeah something isn’t right here, I hope A-net gets to work on fixing this stuff if they expect people to pay real money for SPvP tournaments.

i’d just like to say that sure, elementalists can be overpowered, but only in the hands of a skilled player. i came across this thread looking for ways to maximize my effectiveness on my warrior, and after watching that video i decided to play my elementalist again. I’m running that guys build and following all his tips, and man, it is literally exhausting trying to play a d/d ele to anywhere near that level. If you stop to rest/collect yourself for even a second, you’re dead. It’s really fun/rewarding for the same reason though.

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Braxxus.2904

i’d just like to say that sure, elementalists can be overpowered, but only in the hands of a skilled player.

Isn’t that how it should be though? Warriors don’t have that option currently to accomplish feats like the video because of inherent class design flaws. With an Ele you have the potential for crazy strong capabilities if you put in the effort. With a warrior no matter how good you are if you go against 2-3 people with a basic capability to use a cripple/chill/immobilize and auto attack you then you will eventually just die.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

Warriors:

1. Are more reliant on teamwork than other classes.
2. Gain more benefits from teamwork than other classes.

The part where this breaks down in GW2 in particular is that the PvP is not quite as team-structured by default compared to other games. Too much sPvP and WvW centers on solo play. WvW skews heavily between “solo” and zerg. Warriors are ok in a zerg, but nothing special.

Warriors are actually insanely good at small group action, but it is difficult / much more rare for that action to actually take place.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Posted by: Shadowkx.2738

Shadowkx.2738

thanks for the vids. I think they demonstrate the different between the skill caps between the classes. That ele was very good, kept all his skills on cool down and used the map space. You will notice the ele vid was uncut, whereas the warrior vids where montages. all i can say is i think i rolled the wrong class. maybe time to start a 3rd character.

Mesvot – War
Mestov- Thief

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Posted by: DontJudgeMe.3958

DontJudgeMe.3958

I can safely say that I am a sturdy warrior on my server. I can safely say that you wont see fights like these as a warrior. Well, I don’t count fights against upleveled players. Any class can go 1v5 vs them if properly geared that’s not exciting. Unless you get snared, rooted, knockbacked until forever.

But what I can tell you is, us warriors can take down those raid bosses even though we can not fight as they fight. I have had fights vs 2 d/d ele’s like that. I had random upleveled players following me. Whenever I FINALLY got 1 of the ele’s down, one of the upleveled players died and got the enemy back up. But once they are alone it’s a fight of a couple of minutes with the elementalist raid boss, but so far Warriors prefail. I love hunting thiefs and ele’s in WvW. I don’t like mesmers tho. Too confusing.

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Posted by: SpelignErrir.4263

SpelignErrir.4263

Low learning curve, medium reward

I doubt a warrior will be able to pull it off versus opponents with IQs higher than 80

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Schwahrheit.4203

Low learning curve, medium reward

I doubt a warrior will be able to pull it off versus opponents with IQs higher than 80

Simple-minded. Low learning curve because he thinks the only viable build is Great Sword and Axe, please stop talking.

1vGroup please

in Warrior

Posted by: kekuso.5837

kekuso.5837