26.03.2013 Update

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Loads of love..

Warrior

Kick skill: Now lunges toward the target slightly, extending the range.
Rampage skill:
The Kick skill now lunges towards the target slightly, extending the range.
Players can now use the Throw Boulder skill while moving.
Banner of Defense skill: Increased toughness and vitality granted to allies from 90 at level 80 to 170.
Banner of Discipline skill: Increased precision granted to allies from 90 at level 80 to 170.
Banner of Strength skill: Increased power and condition damage granted to allies from 90 at level 80 to 170.
Banner of Tactics skill: Increased healing granted to allies from 90 at level 80 to 170.
Bladetrail skill: Can no longer be fired at enemies behind the player.
Frenzy skill: The duration of quickness and its debuffs are now 5 seconds and 6.25 seconds when the player is affected by the Sure-Footed trait.

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: Sifu.6527

Sifu.6527

Loads of love..

Warrior

Kick skill: Now lunges toward the target slightly, extending the range.
Rampage skill:
The Kick skill now lunges towards the target slightly, extending the range.
Players can now use the Throw Boulder skill while moving.
Banner of Defense skill: Increased toughness and vitality granted to allies from 90 at level 80 to 170.
Banner of Discipline skill: Increased precision granted to allies from 90 at level 80 to 170.
Banner of Strength skill: Increased power and condition damage granted to allies from 90 at level 80 to 170.
Banner of Tactics skill: Increased healing granted to allies from 90 at level 80 to 170.
Bladetrail skill: Can no longer be fired at enemies behind the player.
Frenzy skill: The duration of quickness and its debuffs are now 5 seconds and 6.25 seconds when the player is affected by the Sure-Footed trait.

Please post the comment regarding quickness.

Quickness is only 50% boost to attack speed now.

Frenzy + HB just got nerfed hard….

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

And it’s time to RQ spvp for me now.

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

U mean this Sifu?

-Reduced quickness from 100% attack speed to 50%.
As we push to improve balance in both PvE and PvP, a few mechanics in the game will be receiving updates to promote fun and balanced play. In the past, quickness has granted double the action speed normally available to players. In PvP, this speed gives most players almost no chance to react to incoming abilities and allows for massive spike damage in extremely short periods of time. In PvE, the increased attack speed can trivialize a lot of content that would otherwise provide a good challenge. Therefore, we are reducing the speed that quickness allows by half of its current potential while slightly increasing the duration on player-activated skills.

Yeah..once again we got nerfed hard, but hey..at least we have improved banners and kick!

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

Yeah..once again we got nerfed hard, but hey..at least we have improved banners and kick!

At least it’s not one of warriors’ best group elites that gets nerfed as a result. Justified or not, that’s objectively quite a slap-down on Time Warp; seems far more like a mesmer nerf than warrior, imo.

Big banner buffs, though. That’s kind of neat.

edit: Like, I get that this does harm frenzy quite a bit compared to what we had before, but that’s one utility skill among many. Time Warp is one elite among three and arguably was far above the rest in terms of utility, especially in groups.

(edited by synk.6907)

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

No one cares about banners…..

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

KICK AND RAMPAGE’S KICK NOW HOMES IN SLIGHTLY
BANNERS NOW GIVE MORE STATS AND ARE STILL AS UNWIELDY CLUNKY AND AWFUL TO USE AS BEFORE

WARRIORS COMFIRMED NEXT FLAVOUR OF THE MONTH IN SPVP GET READY FOR KICK RAMPAGE 2X BANNER WARRIORS GUYS WE’RE THE NEXT BIG THING

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: THEmeltor.7295

THEmeltor.7295

I like banners!

And I never used Frenzy so this doesn’t worry me much. But I can understand why we (as Warriors) can be upset…nerfing Frenzy, which was already the worst quickness ability in the game, is a big bummer for DPS, etc.

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Well, warrior is know for being a one trick pony. Now that they nerf that I just wanted to know what will they give us in the future to bring us up in line with the other professions…

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

Well, warrior is know for being a one trick pony. Now that they nerf that I just wanted to know what will they give us in the future to bring us up in line with the other professions…

THE FUTURE IS NOW FRIEND
WITH THESE CHANGES WARRIOR WILL RULE EVERYTHING PVE PVP WVW

WAIT TILL THEY NERF US NEXT PATCH 1 MONTH LATER WHILE WE BASK IN THE GLORY OF MAXIMUM WARRIOR SUPERIORITY

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: Phira.3970

Phira.3970

There goes Frenzy Hundred blade Warriors, har, harharhar

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: quickthorn.4918

quickthorn.4918

The banner buffs are positive, but they’ll still be clunky to use, and that’s the main reason I use shouts instead.

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Loads of love..

It is not love. They’re buffs, sure, but they are not buffs we need or asked for. Who the crap uses Kick or Rampage?

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: Sanny.1270

Sanny.1270

i knew it, even more op with dat banner buff. i know what i’ll be running today. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPdcmt_GzZU

Second To God ~ 80 Warrior
http://www.youtube.com/user/T3hSanny

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: Seed.5467

Seed.5467

Oh well!!!!

Still no actual fixes for warrior. Guess we have to spent the next 6 months with “Kicks” and “Banners”. What a joke.

Regards Seed

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: Disturbed.9305

Disturbed.9305

Seems like a good patch so far.

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: Shadowgurke.5813

Shadowgurke.5813

Sotg: We know about the weakness of the warrior
=> Kick, Banners. Frenzynerf.

So in essence (PvP), they nerfed the only viable spec to be useless and in return we got a better Kick? And the one Banner that “could” be useful wasnt changed in any way, that being the Elite. And they did that to one of the worst classes in sPvP.

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: Wickedsh.5196

Wickedsh.5196

NERFED HARD? give me a kittening break. WARR are not the only class that use quickess. and neither have the best quickeness, cause thiefs got haste without the debuff of recieving more damage. Warr were already OP, didnt need these buffs. Besides, the ranger for example, got LESS improve on the quickess duration, so comparing to other classes, your quickess got more powerful. SO EVEN in the quickess that you’re complaning about, warr got yet another unsecessary advantage. shameful.

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: wllalele.9427

wllalele.9427

Anet GW2 Warrior description.
“Warriors are masters of martial skills. They rely on speed, strength, toughness, and heavy armor to survive. They’re versatile in combat and benefit from offensive and defensive abilities. Warriors inspire allies and demoralize enemies. As a soldier profession, warriors wear heavy armor.”

My GW2 Warrior description
Warriors are mediocre of very few martial skills. They rely on speed, strength, toughness of their teammates, their heavy armor doesnt help them at all to survive. They’re versatile in combat, but other classes do it ten times better. Warriors inspire allies to invite other classes to the group and make enemies laugh at them. As a soldier profession, they are inferior to Guardians.

To be honest, Engineer is now master of martial arts(toolkits) with his buff. Why didn’t they work on warrior as much as they did with engi? And this is just warrior, one class. What about 50%/50% PVE-PVP and e-sports? I am done with this game.

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

This patch is a joke. Unbelievable. Nerf one of our best tools to actually land decent damage on these OP, facerolling boon kittens, but let’s buff KICK and RAMPAGE. Oh, and some banners that don’t have their mechanics changed to actually be more useful! They certainly never fail to disappoint. Who let these people on the balance team? Seriously?

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

silentnight warrior.2714

“And they did that to one of the worst classes in sPvP.”

No, not one of the worst… acording the player base they did that to the WORST class in sPvP.

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: knyy.6427

knyy.6427

i knew it, even more op with dat banner buff. i know what i’ll be running today. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPdcmt_GzZU

haha, made my day!

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: Walabone.6713

Walabone.6713

NERFED HARD? give me a kittening break. WARR are not the only class that use quickess. and neither have the best quickeness, cause thiefs got haste without the debuff of recieving more damage. Warr were already OP, didnt need these buffs. Besides, the ranger for example, got LESS improve on the quickess duration, so comparing to other classes, your quickess got more powerful. SO EVEN in the quickess that you’re complaning about, warr got yet another unsecessary advantage. shameful.

QUICKNESS ISNT THE PROBLEM. I mean sure, it’s a 50% damage decrease for the worst class in the game. But they also, in their great wisdom, increased the duration of frenzy: for both the quickness AND the debuff. I can’t even cast endure pain to cover my frenzy charge – I’m completely vulnerable for 2 whole seconds now. Not to mention I’m doing 50% less damage. Quickness got nerfed, but they didn’t reduce the frenzy debuff along with it (or hell buff endure pain, already they worst immune in the game). An absolutely pathetic patch for warriors.

Also kitten they didn’t nerf D/D ele’s yet, but that’s a different story.

Walabone – Borlis Pass
Ascension [WAR] Officer | [ÆÆÆÆ] | Driver of BP’s GvG guild [BB]

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

oh man….

bad bad news for warriors

reroll d/d ele

I did and so will you

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

I already have a D/D Ele. I was hoping the class I chose to put two legendary weapons on would actually be made a little MORE feasible to use in WvW, but we can’t have that!

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

silentnight warrior.2714

Warrior is OP in PvE not in PvP. In fact there is a post made by the PvP players showing just that.

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: Shadowgurke.5813

Shadowgurke.5813

No, not one of the worst… acording the player base they did that to the WORST class in sPvP.

That was one poll and I didnt really feel like dealing with trolls when saying that warrior is the worst class, I just wanted to be on the safe side

Imo its fine to nerf Frenzy if the devs would compensate for that in any way. The fact that they buffed Frenzy by 1 second is probably even more of a nerf than an actual buff

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: Walabone.6713

Walabone.6713

Imo its fine to nerf Frenzy if the devs would compensate for that in any way. The fact that they buffed Frenzy by 1 second is probably even more of a nerf than an actual buff

QFT

Walabone – Borlis Pass
Ascension [WAR] Officer | [ÆÆÆÆ] | Driver of BP’s GvG guild [BB]

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

Well, more banners cof farm for me

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

At least if they were about to nerf quickness, they should take 50% dmg debuff away too..Im not saying that im a fan of frenzy but thats was too much. Another useless utility on list

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

Only problem I see is the Frenzy nerf. I never really used it except for the final boss in CoF. Trade off used to be Kill 2X faster and Die 1.5X faster. Now it’s Kill 1.5X Faster and Die 1.5X Faster.

I say now remove the damage increase taken or lower it to 25%. If removed replace it with either: Ends when using a Utility Skill. Adrenaline can not be gained for the duration

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

http://poll.pollcode.com/z2t57

First ommo pie nerf that took a big hit in war sustain..Now frenzy nerf..whats next? Reduced damage by 50%, increased damage taken by 100%?

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: tyandam.8962

tyandam.8962

they might be trying to eliminate the class entirely in pvp… I did however enjoy swinging my banner around in sarcastic pride just now

Dev 1: Ele’s are OP
Dev 2: Nerf warriors?
~Dwagonband~

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Disturbed.9305

I love my Banner warrior.. no complaints here!

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

At least it’s not one of warriors’ best group elites that gets nerfed as a result. Justified or not, that’s objectively quite a slap-down on Time Warp; seems far more like a mesmer nerf than warrior, imo.

Big banner buffs, though. That’s kind of neat.

edit: Like, I get that this does harm frenzy quite a bit compared to what we had before, but that’s one utility skill among many. Time Warp is one elite among three and arguably was far above the rest in terms of utility, especially in groups.

Mesmers remain viable after this patch. That’s the kittening difference.

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Disturbed.9305

You must be speaking of ONLY pvp because in PvE , Warriors are the most viable class around.

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

You must be speaking of ONLY pvp because in PvE , Warriors are the most viable class around.

What’s your point? This obviously doesn’t effect warriors in PvE to any meaningful degree. The quickness change was obviously a PvP balance decision.

Hence this is a PvP balance discussion.

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Disturbed.9305

I fail to see where it is only a PvP discussion as it does affect PvE.

Of course you probably just want to whine, so I’ll leave you to that.

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

I fail to see where it is only a PvP discussion as it does affect PvE.

Of course you probably just want to whine, so I’ll leave you to that.

Except we have no issues in PvE so it’s pointless to make any PvE discussions as we don’t need anything there.
We needed a PvP buff and we got a major nerf, that’s all we need to talk about.

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

Frenzy+HB was breaking content. Quickness in general was breaking content.

Now let’s hope they open their eyes and remove the rediculous +50% incoming damage debuff for using a 5s ability that is no longer broken.

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Frenzy+HB was breaking content. Quickness in general was breaking content.

Now let’s hope they open their eyes and remove the rediculous +50% incoming damage debuff for using a 5s ability that is no longer broken.

Haha, as if they ever did anything that we suggested.
I’ve seen at least 100 different suggestions and I see a long list of bugs in the sticky, nothing ever happened.
They don’t listen us let’s face it.

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

@Red Falcon
Dev 1: “Bunkers are OP, what do we do?”
Dev 2: “We nerf quickness, the best tool of roamers”

+100 buttom plz.

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

tyandam.8962

Dev 2: Lets nerf warriors!

~Dwagonband~

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

How about the warrior’s quickness trait?

• 4s of quickness
  • 90s cooldown
  • Must hit target of <25% HP

Can that at least get a buff or something?

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

How about the warrior’s quickness trait?

• 4s of quickness
  • 90s cooldown
  • Must hit target of <25% HP

Can that at least get a buff or something?

Automatically activate frenzy for 20sec. Enjoy ur buff

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: Goobaaa.8241

Goobaaa.8241

what happened to endure pain? 4 sec now?

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: Sami.1560

Sami.1560

Going to risk a flame war here. Disclaimer: I play(ed) a Warrior, and was the maintainer of the Warrior bug thread before quitting in rage :P

Frenzy/Bull’s Rush/100 Blades has been the main thing stopping Warriors get properly buffed. Yes it’s on a fairly long cooldown, but the moment any serious Warrior balance discussion starts up, that combo which will one-shot pretty much anyone is brought up and the argument is instantly de-railed. How can we ask for buffs when we can potentially (and quite reliably) one-shot most classes when some skills are off cooldown?

Quickness (and Frenzy) needed to be nerfed to allow the Warrior to be eventually buffed. The class has been propped up by that one crutch, and now its gone ArenaNet can (hopefully!) start work on making the class both viable and versatile, without worrying about the effect the changes will have on the one-shot build.

And before you cry:

1) Yes, Frenzy’s incoming damage penalty probably needs to be lowered, unless overall Warrior DPS ends up getting slightly buffed (especially on weapons that aren’t the Greatsword). Failing that, lower the duration back down again or consider removing the penalty completely. The penalties were introduced because 100% quickness was too good; they may not be required with the new 50% version.

2) Buffing banners made Warriors better at PvE. Banners weren’t always that useful in PvE (exception being the elite res banner), so this just gives PvE Warriors even more options. It’s not a needed buff, but it won’t completely break PvE balance.

3) The arguments against the kick buff is that nobody uses kick anyway. Of course, that’s why it was buffed. The problem with kick is that more often than not you want to get close to your enemy and stay close, something that kick is counter-productive too. Yes, you now home in on the target, but you still knock them away after. If it was to take up a vital utility slot, it would need to be on a much shorter cooldown (like half) to make it useful for saving allies and clearing people off of objectives. And even then you still have bunker stability to deal with.

So yes, Warriors have now lost the one crutch they had left. The result is now the Warrior players can legitimately ask for appropriate buffs without the nagging feeling in the background of “there’s always F/BR/HB to fall back to”. There are no more excuses that can be used not to buff the Warrior for PvP/WvW. The only risk now is that any buffs might make them even better in PvE than they already are.

Warriors, rejoice. No more can our valid concerns be shot down by Frenzy/Bull/Blades, and people will have to actually listen to the concerns.

That’s the theory anyway.

(edited by Sami.1560)

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

tyandam.8962

… where were you when they discussed this nerf to validate a buff on many other things lol. Christ if they buffed AUTO-ATTACK id be happy… I think im going to take a much needed break and stop playing this game til they fix this class lol.

~Dwagonband~

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: Sami.1560

Sami.1560

The point is more that they can evaluate how the class actually performs in PvP now (yes, we all know it performs terribly in PvP) at all times without it being distorted by once-a-minute bursts of insanity. Which quite frankly, were ridiculous. I’d happily trade losing that stupid combo in exchange for the majority of the weapons and utilities becoming viable.

26.03.2013 Update

in Warrior

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Yeah everyone always justifies nerfs by saying it will mean they can buff other stuff. But I’ve seen this said in on the forums in at least 4 MMOs I’ve played and the “exchange for the majority of the weapons and utilities becoming viable” never happens.

BeeGee
Beast mode