3000 in armor , why ?

3000 in armor , why ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Lord.4270

Lord.4270

Hi,

I would like to know why everyone say warriors must have 3K in armor ?
I have a build with 2.8K … Is it to weak ? What s the diference between 3K and 2.8 ?

It s for WvW…

Thanks !

3000 in armor , why ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Don’t worry almost nobody that says things like this has any idea what they are talking about. I also promise the warriors that say they have 3k armor don’t.

Answer is thick skin.

Thick skin is an extremely deceptive minor trait that makes your armor look like its 100 more than what it really is. Its also very useless.

Dolyack Signet is an extremely deceptive signet that makes your amor look like is 180 more than what it really is. Once you used it its also very useless.

If you have 2800 armor base line without any of these traits or sigents you are fine. Somewhere someplace someone said that 2800 Armor roughly translates into 33% damage reduction.

If someone is using this trait and that signet and they say they have 3k armor they dont.

But if you have 2800 armor and you are using any of this stuff you don’t have 2800 armor.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

3000 in armor , why ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Don’t worry almost nobody that says things like this has any idea what they are talking about. I also promise the warriors that say they have 3k armor don’t.

Answer is thick skin.

Thick skin is an extremely deceptive minor trait that makes your armor look like its 100 more than what it really is. Its also very useless.

Dolyack Signet is an extremely deceptive signet that makes your amor look like is 180 more than what it really is. Once you used it its also very useless.

If you have 2800 armor base line without any of these traits or sigents you are fine. Somewhere someplace someone said that 2800 Armor roughly translates into 33% damage reduction.

If someone is using this trait and that signet and they say they have 3k armor they dont.

But if you have 2800 armor and you are using any of this stuff you don’t have 2800 armor.

25 to 30 points in Defense + Valkyrie or Soldier is over 3,000 armor.

~3350 OOC – 280 = 3070 armor in combat.

Taking toughness as a primary stat will make it even higher, obviously.

(edited by Larynx.2453)

3000 in armor , why ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Hi,

I would like to know why everyone say warriors must have 3K in armor ?
I have a build with 2.8K … Is it to weak ? What s the diference between 3K and 2.8 ?

It s for WvW…

Thanks !

It depends on what you want to do. For roaming to can go as low as you want. For frontline in an organized group you need more cause you take much more of a beating, around 3k to 3.2k in combat (not counting thick skin or Dolyak sig).

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”