4k power WvsW gunflame build

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

I didn’t say base power obviously haha. Take into account objective aura’s, might stacks, and other extra buffs (change food to power and utility to writs giving an extra 100 power) and you are easily above 4k power. Heck if I translate 10% bonus damage to power (from seaweed) you get +300 power right there.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQJAURjMdQVI23B2dAnIWKCs3hby95eMGuA/MjBwDIAA-T1SBABErh5q9HlfPcBA24QAgnug8PQAUq+zCHhAyPgCmpEEgHAQAAEgbezs5NDcezbezbezzNv5Nv5NvZpAGYZE-w

Day rifle: Predator skin
Night Rifle: ascalonian skin with Sigil of night instead of sigil of force
Gs skin: Volcanus (any skin with swing effects will work to ur advantage)

Utility swaps: Berserker stance should be swapped with endure pain, and vice-versa, based on the ‘meta’ and the number of condi vs power users you are facing. Endure pain is almost always better for zerg fights obviously.

Other Alterations: Take asparagus and sage salad (5 badges of honour) instead of seaweed. Carrot souffle is another option if you are kill heavy and want more damage to ur killshot and gs (note that ur gunflame and other rifle abilities will be less damage). Take writ of power or furious sharpening stone instead of superior sharpening stone if ur rich. Actually really any utility that gives you 100 power + something else is gonna be better than superior sharpening stones (just the cost of anything else is too high imo).

Technique: Proc all ur sigils when you start wvsw. Auto-use ur signet of healing (while gs is equipped) so you maintain most of ur +500 precision stacks. Keep enemy at range at all times. Right before engaging, decide whether to increase ur damage by using ur healing signet, signet of range, dodging to activate “stick and move”. Generally open with rifle 4 or 2 depending on the enemy (if you need to get incombat still). Initiate berserker mode immediately with signet of fury, then gunflame followed up by rifle 3. Once the enemy is downed approach it. Dodge overtop of their body to proc reckless dodge. In the middle of the dodge switch to Gs to proc sigil of hydromacy. Whirlwind backwards over the body or proc another dodge first. Arcing slice as you walk away from the body, then stow your weapon immediately for dramatic effect.

Usage: Commanding (really), roaming, solo, small group fights

Primary Intent: Backline, ranged sniping, kiting

Weaknesses: Beware of druids with stone skin signets (you should actually learn to recognize if they have it or not. Zerkers are very heavy cc and you will likely die to them if you don’t evade their many stuns (including their taunt). Zerkers are easy to kite though…..them having 2 endure pains in conjunction with everything else can make the fights very long though and very kite heavy. Chrono is a guessing game. Having berserker stance against a condi chron is a win. Having endure pain vs a zerker chrono is a win. If you don’t have the right one you might wanna run and swap it in. Daredevils and thiefs that don’t 1-hit ko you are easy. Hint: ‘stand still’ and let ur rifle killshot/gunflame 360 degrees rotation do the work.

Was kinda worried about people copying this build. But then I thought to myself: “who in their right mind is gonna learn to play warrior without fast hands? Besides they will probably have 1 look at it and think its stupid (I’m cool with that).”
Always gonna be my own crazy build. Enjoy. – Yes I bolded that

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in Warrior

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

You were worried that people would copy that build? Whut?

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in Warrior

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

Well, that is definitely a build with a lot of power. and ferocity it seems as well, but honestly it has absolutely no defense. like yes, if you get the first shot off, whatever yu hit is going to hurt, but if you don’t you are screwed.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mighty Cole.7849

Mighty Cole.7849

Well… it’s not completely defenseless. OP is using Berserker Stance for one of his/her utility skills. So it’s only 99% defenseless. Lol. Why not get rid of Berserker Stance and equip Frenzy instead. If you’re going to go full glass, why stop at 99%.

The ONLY commander that would run this build is one that has a macro setup to spam “Keep fighting! I’ll run back from spawn” in team chat.

If you’re cautious and fighting deep in the backline of a boon sharing zerg, this might work.

(edited by Mighty Cole.7849)

in Warrior

Cerby.1069

You were worried that people would copy that build? Whut?

Well i’ve been having so much success from it that my brain kinda forgot how unappealing it looks. It took alot of effort to learn as well since I used to use discipline instead of strength. Meaning: ALOT less adrenaline in my build, and NO FAST HANDS! So yeah I totally agree it was dumb to worry about too many people copying and anet nerfing it.

Well… it’s not completely defenseless. OP is using Berserker Stance for one of his/her utility skills. So it’s only 99% defenseless. Lol. Why not get rid of Berserker Stance and equip Frenzy instead. If you’re going to go full glass, why stop at 99%.

The ONLY commander that would run this build is one that has a macro setup to spam “Keep fighting! I’ll run back from spawn” in team chat.

If you’re cautious and fighting deep in the backline of a boon sharing zerg, this might work.

It has 0 defense if you don’t have berserker stance or endure pain in the build. I will die ALOT, compared to HARDLY EVER, without using that slot for one of the 2.

Since were all warriors, we all know how far 1 invulnerability will take us in our fights.
And if you are using Frenzy with berserker traited you have no idea what you are doing.

I’m almost always one of the last to die when commanding. I won’t command in open field in 30vs30+, anywhere up to 20vs20 is fine though. Obviously I don’t lead charges straight into the heart of a zerg unless the odds are in our favour. We are kite heavy and its very effective when you use the terrain to ur advantage. Generally its a case of ranging the blob, downing the weak section, and bombing and charging them when they are rezing. Everything is a numbers game in wvsw. Getting a good opening though can dramatically balance the odds. How you approach this game is how you play it. Some who go tanky will always just rush into the enemy regardless of how big and fight till they die and blame the population imbalances if they lose….they always say they fight perfectly and its cause theres too many that they lose. If ur jumping straight into an enemy larger than you and allowing urself to get surrounded on all 4 sides, by a larger force, its ur own fault imo. I would say lets not charge to our deaths and instead pickoff sections of the zerg bit by bit. But you know….people have different opinions. Some might consider kiting or waiting for the right moment to be boring even if it means winning. Most play the meta and rage when they can’t win after doing everything according to the book. Its really just a question of how you want to play and how comfortable you are with your class. Me? I don’t like dying or leading people to death, I like to be able to do everything I want from others myself, I’m very comfortable with my class, and i like killing things quickly so there’s time for actual ppt.

There is alot more emphasis on skill compared to going bunker warriors (which are dumb ways to fight imho, but everyone gets an opinion). You lead by example with a build like this….not by running through a lava pit and boasting about how your the only one who didn’t die. I don’t freeload off my squad. I get that you may assume that I’m dying all the time and freeloading rez’s, but its the exact opposite. People who go full tank are the ones freeloading off of others, and theres nothing wrong with that….it just lowers the skill cap and slows down gameplay a ton.

my qq ranting

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in Warrior

Mighty Cole.7849

Since were all warriors, we all know how far 1 invulnerability will take us in our fights.
And if you are using Frenzy with berserker traited you have no idea what you are doing.

I was using Frenzy as a joke because your build is almost totally offensive. According to the build in the link above, the only defense you have is Berserker Stance (or you can swap it out for Endure Pain as the situation requires).

It has 0 defense if you don’t have berserker stance or endure pain in the build. I will die ALOT, compared to HARDLY EVER, without using that slot for one of the 2.

Really? One Skill is all that stands between “ALOT” and “HARDLY EVER”? So powerful.
I didn’t come here to upset you. But I can point out the pros and cons of this build from my prospective.

Pros:

• 1 hit KO power against some foes
  • Almost constant “Unblockable” uptime
  • Spammable 1500 ranged burst that can KO 3 targets in a 180 radius
  • Spammable 450 range attack that can hit 5 players with massive damage

Cons:

• Mobility and versatility greatly reduced because of the lack of Fast Hands
  • Slow movement speed because of the lack of Warrior’s Sprint (Relies on Swiftness)
  • Extremely low armor without any sustain, blocks or invulnerability
    NO Thick Skin
    NO Adrenal Health
    NO Defy Pain
    NO Spiked Armor
    NO Rousing Resilience
  • Very little condition mitigation (2 skills provide resistance but no clears)
    NO Cleansing Ire
    NO Brawler’s Recovery
    NO Savage Instinct
  • Very low health when compared to defensive capabilities
  • Lack of Stability (No stability what so ever)
  • Lack of Stun Breaks (NONE)
  • High probability of losing Runes #6 Buff early in a fight
  • Requires a group to maintain (Leeching boons, healing and condition clears from others)
  • Very unsupportive towards group play (except for Pin Sniping)

Special Note
The above pros & cons were based upon the build provided. By swapping out Berserker Stance with Endure Pain, you’ll gain a 4 second invulnerability (physical damage only) skill with stun break on a 60 second CD. However, you’ll also lose the most powerful condition mitigation skill for this build.

in Warrior

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

If you’re using Arms as a traitline, you might as well use Burst Precision. Sure you’ve got a high crit chance anyway, but if you want the alpha strike, you might as well guarantee a crit Gunflame right at the start. Plus guaranteed crit Arc Dividers are great for cleaving downed in zerg fights.

in Warrior

Cerby.1069

I was using Frenzy as a joke because your build is almost totally offensive.
….
I didn’t come here to upset you. But I can point out the pros and cons of this build from my prospective.

• Extremely low armor without any sustain, blocks or invulnerability
    NO Thick Skin
    NO Adrenal Health
    NO Defy Pain
    NO Spiked Armor
    NO Rousing Resilience
  • Very little condition mitigation (2 skills provide resistance but no clears)
    NO Cleansing Ire
    NO Brawler’s Recovery
    NO Savage Instinct

Well I’m no social psychologist but you apparently came here to upset yourself.
Thanks for the lovely Pro and cons list though. A bit reaching in some sections but overall good reflection of the build.

Tl:DR: everything stupid I write is also joke.

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in Warrior

Mighty Cole.7849

Well I’m no social psychologist but you apparently came here to upset yourself.
Thanks for the lovely Pro and cons list though. A bit reaching in some sections but overall good reflection of the build.

Tl:DR: everything stupid I write is also joke.

You’re welcome. I’m glad I could help you out Cerby. If you’re interested in learning to play warrior, you should check out the following players YT channel:

VaAnSs.1567
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh07o13uNUe55e-YVwYutJg

Obindo.6802
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7JdqizE-K3ApqHf1_0Skqw

Cygnus.6903
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyjXP92hAxOuymFGfNFvKBQ

Holl.3109
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjTS3zYEP5VjEXg3U10e2AQ

They’re really good and usually leave a link to their build in the description.
Again, hope this help’s and Good Luck

(edited by Mighty Cole.7849)

in Warrior

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Obindo is the best warrior of planet earth, forget the rest

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in Warrior

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

lol Hoaxingintelligence, suck up :p

in Warrior

Posted by: siwei.4107

siwei.4107

I doubt very much Mr Mighty Cole has ever tried this build. Imagining and typing probably make you a keyboard warrior only. I don’t see the point of critising one build to hell before giving it a go yourself.

What you said about zero defense is absolutely non-sense. If you would like some percentage, well, 1% defense over 0% is literally an infinitely huge improvement (1/(x->0)). Most of the time, as a ranged warrior, stability plus gs 3 are all you need to get out of trouble and create some gap between you and foes, especially when you have a squad. No one will chase you alone deep into an enemy squad. If one does, he is dead already.

I have been playing rather casualoy in WvW as a warrior and of all builds, I enjoy rifle build the most. Just keep your distances and never fight alone, you will be alll safe. And the possiblity of one shot finishing off multiple foes gives so much fun and senses of satisfaction.

Tanky warrior build is never my type, not even in 2012 when everyone uses knight-stat gears.

(edited by siwei.4107)