5 signet yolo? Have anyone tried it?

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Do you think it has a chance to work over stances? I think i will give it a try in stronghold today just for lolz along with gs+rifle.

Signet of stamina would replace berserker stance
Dolyak signet to replace balanced stance

Can’t choose between signet of fury and might, both has it uses but i will probably go for might for these nasty unblockables.

Advantages over stances;

+180 to armor, power/precision
+50% endurance regen
Condition wipe on medium cd
+unblockable attacks/adrenaline refill.

Downsides;

Olny 1 stunbreak on relative high cd
Lack of immunity to direct/condi damage
Signet of rage is not that great anymore

Ps. i think stamina signet should become a stunbreak as well.

in Warrior

Posted by: akaCryptic.2389

akaCryptic.2389

For a yolo build, could work well. I would take fury signet cause i just wait out blocks. About rhe stamine sig, dont think warriors need another stunbreaker. However would be nice to have it instant cast, so would stunbreak long fears.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

The thing is you can take vigorous focus to get vigor on stance use, and slot for Defy pain to get a total of 4 stance (thats usually around 25 seconds of vigor), which is in fact better then perma 50% (as you can decide when you want the extra endurance).

Signets also do nothing for direct damage survivability other then adding toughness (until you pop the signet).

Filling up adrenaline makes for back to back burst skills, but on GS/Rifle that’s mediocre. Only if you are using traits like Berserker’s Power does this refill have a serious effect.

Unblockable attacks are great, sure, but not worth it IMO.

So the only real davantage you are getting is the condi wipe. this is really good. You could also say that with stances and maybe a little extra condi removal from, say, Cleansing Ire, that condibomb could have been avoided entirely. Also, you will want to wait with cleansing until you get a serious condibomb on you, so there is certain hesitance to use SoS before that happens. Whereas any condi’s applied until you do pop it will still pressure you.

To sum up, no I don’t think signets will be better then either stances or shouts.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Unblockable can surprise some people tho like engis hiding behind their gearshield, also +180 power in passive for some ~1k extra damage on heavy targets. I think i will go for might at this point. It is not about signets vs stances/shouts viability in general, just some alternative fun build to play with. I tried to get one with 3x physical skills but in current state placement of physical training makes it next to impossible.

This is what i have in mind;
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQJARUjMdU3ZjHGewJigfgC5t3CGDgBQZa8GpOCA-TpBFwACeAAIOEA12fYxRAoaZAAXAAA

Aimed shot+killshot doesnt seems to be effective (shame on you aimed shot for that huge lol aftercast – wtf AN?) howered it still should give some troubles to opponent as it greatly reduce their time to dodge. Alternative is to rely on bladetrail instead at medium range>swap>ks. At this point ks lands right in the moment where immo wears off. But its not something to pull off easily either.

Im not sure about warrior spring as i could get mobile strikes/armored attack/DotE instead but i dont like to rely on swiftness in which case i will have olny 50% uptime anyway on a map where mobility = king

Alternative rune could be vamp to make up for lack of EP.

in Warrior

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

Hello,

I currently run with the Balanced Stance, the Berserker Stance and the Signet of Might (PvP). The signet is pretty good against engineers and guardians, but still remains situational, and I often find myself swapping it for another utility.

I think that the signets are fine, but that the related signet traits are bad, possibly the worst of all classes:

• Signet Mastery (Discipline VI) looks standard, as some classes share the same trait (guardians, rangers, elems, mesmers). However, they usually have more ways to optimize signet builds (the warrior only has two traits). And of course, some other classes have the same trait with added bonus (thieves recharge initiative, necromancers get might).
  • Deep Strike (Arm I) is probably one of my less preferred trait. It induces passive play, just to get additional precision, while getting enough precision isn’t usually an issue (especially with intelligence sigils). Compare with what others classes may gain by activating the signets: guardians and mesmers can cure conditions; rangers and thieves can get might (necromancers as well, they have only one trait which does both the CD reduction and the might); elems may gain a fire shield, inflict vulnerability, restore endurance, or even maintain the passive effect when activating the signet (!); mesmers can gain distortion.

I therefore think there’s some work to do on the warrior traits before signet builds become interesting. For instance:

• Powerful Signets (adept): gain 5 stacks of might when activating a signet. Could replace Deep Strike.
  • Resourceful Signets (master): recharge 10 strikes of adrenaline when activating a signet (could be combined with the current signet mastery).
  • Enraging Signets (grandmaster): recharge Burst CD when activating a signet. Could replace Burst Precision.

Regards.

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

^Looking at revenant traits (if that what they showed us are finished version) i think they plan to merge many existing traits from adept and master as many of them are bad anyway and noone seems to use it. At this point we might see rework for them.

If anything im waiting for “on my mark” to apply reveal.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

So i have been playing it for a while. Overall its not that bad as long i dont get focused howered killshot hits like a joke – 4,4k crit in shoutbow. I dont even… if that is supposed to be our best burst ability then rip. It needs some serious damage buff in this case

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

Calls signet build yolo but not frenzy and no points in defense.

#badattheorycrafting

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in Warrior

Posted by: Geneaux.9547

Geneaux.9547

#badattheorycrafting

“Yolo” is synonomous with “idgaf”, in all seriousness.

“Man this jungle in the expansion better look so good it gives me flashbacks to Nam.”
Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Knights of Ares [ARES]

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

#badattheorycrafting

I don’t know why you would expect him or anyone to care about your trash talking when you post cringe-worthy nonsense like this:

Because playing as a DPS takes actual skill. Not like Power Necro, Ranger or Guardian with their infinite evades and instant cast offense and defense.

Also so good at baiting dodges and stun breaks in PvP. Literally everything you do people are inclined to dodge or burn a defensive cool down if you DO make in range.

#NeverForget

in Warrior

Posted by: MrKrataus.6420

MrKrataus.6420

Haha, and you should check his stream aswell its hilarous how he press buttons randomly. This guy is awsome

[vM] Alkore

in Warrior

Posted by: Guyver.1426

Guyver.1426

I have tried the rifle signet pvp build as below:

5 signets: Healing, Dolyak, Fury, Stamina and Rage
Six points in Arm: I, IV, XI
Rune: Eagle (original choice is Orge)
Sigils: Accuracy and Force

Using this build , you can get over 80% critical chance and 750 ferocity. It can easily obtain more than 100 score each match in average.

There is no problem to fire back under suppressing fire of thieves or rangers while many of them seeing u as score ATM.

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

#badattheorycrafting

His whole build is him not caring.

Dunno why you opened your mouth.

@ OP:

Be norn, do /dance after every stomp, macro “Ayyyyyy”

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.