A Little Love for Longbow (CD Reduction)?

in Warrior

Posted by: SpaceCowboy.1398

SpaceCowboy.1398

Greetings,

I just started working on my Warrior alt, and I’m really liking it. Longbow is a great weapon set, it’s fun and empowering. I’ve struggled since release to find a profession I can play at range, and not feel gimped by bugs or AI.

So far, my only issue is that while many of the Warrior’s weapon sets can be traited to reduce the cooldown of abilities, Longbow has no such trait! Why is this?

(As an aside, it looks like some Longbow builds are becoming viable for tPvP. Might be good to bring this weapon set up to cement that notion, thus given the Warrior more build options there.)

I would really love to see ANet enhance one of the two Longbow traits with 20% cooldown reduction, bringing it inline with other weapon sets. Please please please!

Darmon, Asura Thief | Darmx, Asura Engineer
[EU] Gandara

in Warrior

Posted by: JoakimFA.4713

JoakimFA.4713

Agreed.

/sign

Yoshioka [YUI] | Sea of Sorrows | Human Warrior. And a good looking one at that.
My Longbow tPvP Guide: http://tinyurl.com/Longbow-tPvP (out of date)

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

So far, my only issue is that while many of the Warrior’s weapon sets can be traited to reduce the cooldown of abilities, Longbow has no such trait! Why is this?

Because it has a Trait that

1) Increases Range to 1200
2) Makes all attacks into some form of Finisher

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

I wish combos were more powerful…

in Warrior

SpaceCowboy.1398

Sorry, I’m new to the Warrior, could you be specific which trait does this?

I’m only aware of these two in the Tactics line:
IV – Stronger Bowstrings – Increases longbow range.
X – Burning Arrows – Longbow damage is increased by 10% against burning foes.

Thanks!

[EU] Gandara

in Warrior

Posted by: Spifnar.4712

Spifnar.4712

Stronger Bowstrings makes most bow attacks a strong (aka 100%) Projectile finisher.

It’s not on the tooltip. It’s also not that great. Look at the attacks before Stronger Bowstrings:

1. Already a blast finisher
  2. Not affected
  3. Already a 100% finisher

So you get 100% (until they fix it) out of attacks #1 and #2…which are already 20% finishers. This is good in organized groups paying attention to combo fields. Mostly worthless in pugs (it will get you a couple extra seconds of burning from your fire field)

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

Sorry, I’m new to the Warrior, could you be specific which trait does this?

I’m only aware of these two in the Tactics line:
IV – Stronger Bowstrings – Increases longbow range.
X – Burning Arrows – Longbow damage is increased by 10% against burning foes.

Thanks!

It is a side-effect from Stronger Bowstrings that is not included in the description.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: Prahl.1057

Prahl.1057

Stronger Bowstrings makes most bow attacks a strong (aka 100%) Projectile finisher.

It’s not on the tooltip. It’s also not that great. Look at the attacks before Stronger Bowstrings:

1. Already a blast finisher
  2. Not affected
  3. Already a 100% finisher

So you get 100% (until they fix it) out of attacks #1 and #2…which are already 20% finishers. This is good in organized groups paying attention to combo fields. Mostly worthless in pugs (it will get you a couple extra seconds of burning from your fire field)

It’s pretty terrific in time warp though… so much confusion…

in Warrior

SpaceCowboy.1398

That does sound good. However, without the trait #1 is a 20% finisher, while #3-#5 are 100% finishers… as I think you all already said. So, how much of a buff is it?

Anyway, I still would like to see a trait add a 20% reduction in the cooldown, perhaps it should be added to Tactic Trait X – Burning Arrows.

[EU] Gandara

in Warrior

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

Bow is fine and all but the rifle for range with piercing shot trait is awesome. I can hit multiple targets and stack bleeds as well as crit everything hit. I believe the rifle also shoots faster. Depending on your build, using the rifle allows you to avoid tactics traits and focus your trait points on areas to boost your crit/damage.

(edited by zerotwo.4731)

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

That does sound good. However, without the trait #1 is a 20% finisher, while #3-#5 are 100% finishers… as I think you all already said. So, how much of a buff is it?

Anyway, I still would like to see a trait add a 20% reduction in the cooldown, perhaps it should be added to Tactic Trait X – Burning Arrows.

Meh. I’d trait for the 300 extra range (its just a 10 point Trait and when not using the Longbow you’ll want Empowered there anyway) even without the “hidden bonus” so its all good.

Do you even lift, bro?