A New Viable sPvP Berzerker build????!!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Interpretor.3091

Interpretor.3091

Hey guys, I love this game. Been “Warrioring” in PvP since release and I simply will not give up on my class(stay strong boys and girls). Here’s another build I’ve been playing with. It’s physical and condition mixxed. It goes off the same principle that axe/sword, longbow used to go off of, but less bursty physical damage and more bursty burning damage. Mace hits SO hard right now with Berszerker, when I first learned of this, I could not wait to construct a build around my once beloved mace. Everything is so strong right now and warriors aren’t at the top of the food chain at the moment, but remember we are only a few DAYS into the games first major content expansion, so things wont remain this way long, trust me. My biggest advice is to just play extremely smart, this build isn’t face roll, everything is calculated and every hit counts. So here you go, enjoy and remember that we warriors will be relevant again, I promise.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQRAsf5cnMdAVhglkCehAElilrATJH06aBIBgJQq7d0eaftA-TphHwACeAAEOCAAOBABOIAj2fwYZAA

EDIT: Edited the build slightly, replaced passive Endure Pain for the Mace Trait in the defense tree, gives quite a bit more damage output and gives your more control over a fight. I also replaced Balanced Stance with Endure pain in Utilities, since you don’t have much in terms of burst defense, but have quite a few stun breaks. Run Double endure pain if you have trouble with staying alive against bursty teams.

Warrior

(edited by Interpretor.3091)

in Warrior

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Berserker really is fine against other builds, just not the new ones! Against the new ones it is DEAD LAST.

in Warrior

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

Hi I will test it for you.

The Korean Gamer

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

in Warrior

Interpretor.3091

Berserker really is fine against other builds, just not the new ones! Against the new ones it is DEAD LAST.

I think a solution can be found to make Berserker viable in a competitive setting. We just need more time. I’ve already made a post on it, but if Fast Hands became a passive warrior trait, Warriors would instantly become viable again.

Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

not a team build more of a dueling build that’s for sure.

and it’s not really that great in dueling either

in Warrior

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

Hi I will test it for you.

The Korean Gamer

Any luck so far with it? Looks interesting

in Warrior

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

Tried a similar build. Doesn’t work. First off, sword, both main and off hand, is really bad. Primal burst doesnt root, which means it’s not worth the channel against someone who knows how to avoid it. It hurts though. Offhand wise, shield just performs better. Shield is basically mandatory to survive.

Torch imo is just underwhelming. Tried it, dislike it. And your traits are pretty weird too. Without cleansing fire synergy with primal burst, you basically get kitten d by condi bomb.

The build also can’t cleave. Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing if your conditions can burst a single target down first. Problem is, it cannot. So what you end up with is a build that’s nowhere here nor there.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in Warrior

Posted by: degoking.1482

degoking.1482

Ye i can confirm this build can be viable i played it during the last beta event, i run a different variation of it but basically the same. For one i have found going sword torch mace shield really helps with survivability and you really don’t miss the torment from off hand sword, but as i stated u gain a lot of survivability and nice reflects for ranged enemy’s. I also use carrion mainly i found it to do more damage, now i will use cele now and then but when i do i will change the build up a bit.

Here is example of my carrion version. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQRApe8fnMdAVhgtkCmkCElilrATJH06qBIBgEQq7d0maXtA-TpBHwAEeAAW2fAwRAQwJAIZZgAHEAA

Now with this carrion I have also been using runes of the Krait, and berserker runes as well, i am not sure which is better still messing around with those.

Here is my Cele version. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQRApe8fnMdAVhgtkCmkCElilqATpHE7iBIFgGQA4t0uaftA-TpBHwAEeAAAOCACOBABOIAl2fAZZAA

Now with this version i will drop rousing resilience for cleansing ire depending on the enemy team comp, I will also drop Savage instinct, for last blaze if i go cleansing ire because i feel since cele has less condi damage that extra burn helps and because of cleansing ire u really don’t need Savage instinct, even though the stun breaker is nice.

Now as interpreter does with his build when u go cele i think u can get away with dropping the shield and going for off hand sword for some extra damage as well.

It is just in my opinion when running carrion that torment is not needed plenty of condi damage with out it. And the shield brings more utility with reflect’s block, stun, just personal preference.

Ok well there are my 2 examples of the variations of this buld i have been running with some really decent success. Now i am not sure if this would be able to compete in top tier play as it just seems every other classes specializations are far superior but it is fun for the time being and it has it’s moments of feeling really strong, but also a lot of moments where u see the unbalance of what we warriors are atm compared to the other classes. So with that said i feel Anet needs to fix some things on the warrior for us to really get Full usage out of Berserker, As there are many post about this. But for now i have been having some fun with these builds.

Also i am by no means saying i was the first to run this build or anything like that i just seen another fellow warrior sharing a build that is very similar to what i have been running and wanted to share my versions with you all as well. thanks and hopefully you all have some success with these builds as well.:) Until we get the fixes we properly deserve ANET that is for you:(

(edited by degoking.1482)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Here
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQRAse5fnMdAVhgtkCehAEliFwAT5Es52AI1tAwl7txWZzsA-TZhHwACeCA32fAwBB4YZgAnAAA

Basically you have a Sword/shield set for your defense and mobility. You can disengage with this.

Build up adrenalin and go into berserk, imob with sword if you want, but swap into Mace and sit there. Pop your berserker stance to keep that adrenaline pumping, and land those Skull Grinders every 2 3/4 seconds. Burst with your blaze breaker at the same time. Shattering Blow might help to further pump out that adrenaline, either before or during burst. But you might find more purchase with bolas or bulls charge, that CC will help keep you in melee while further landing those Skull Grinders.

The ammy change will help your DPS, and allow you to overcome things like Diamon Skin (not that I expect you’ll see it much). That said, if you’re worried about a lack of sustain, CC/stun breaking will be your best friend as you’ll get that +1000 toughness you traited.

I think celestial ammy is the wrong choice. Rabid, or the approach I posted- Carrion might make this a better build.

Or maybe I’m wrong :p

in Warrior

Interpretor.3091

Hey guys, really awesome feedback. Gonna try out all of these and come back with my own input.

Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: numri.7081

numri.7081

I’m really feeling the mace, but not so much the sword offhand, the shield looks like a better choice to me. More ways to securely land Grinder right in their face.

Head-vagrant of the [Hobo] Union
[Underworld – Warrior] Mary Maceless
Occasionally streaming @ www.twitch.tv/numrii