A Worried Warrior

A Worried Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Okamikazi.8652

Okamikazi.8652

I am worried about the warrior profession for the era of HoT.

The Rampage nerf hit and I got really upset. I mean how many times are we gonna get nerfed before the release of HoT? and it boggles my mind to see other warriors say that we needed it. That people are okay with being nerfed. Am I missing something? Well maybe I am since I spend most of my time in WvW on Blackgate.

After the stability nerf the amount of warriors on the server dwindled. Comments among guildies would joke " Why be a warrior anmymore?". When the damage buff came guildies and players in the new Lions Arch would rejoice in their new found OP-ness but not a single warrior made a comment like that. Not in PvE, WvW, not even among my guild. I know that being OP isnt good and that it’ll someday get nerfed but it was still a letdown.

Our guild leader became worried that our frontline heavy classes would not be able to handle the new damage. He was right. We couldnt make any worthwhile engagements anymore. Many commanders would yell “fallback!” before I could do any meaningful damage. Then I gave Rampage a try and it was effective. It still took about 9 other zerg mates to get any kills and it felt like the good old days when zerg battles were more like brawls than a chess game. At the time I was the only red giant whenever my zerg pushed and I thought that if I used Rampage long enough others would follow and we could do more than just small fast engagements. Then it got nerfed and I dont think it’s ever gonna happen.

I’ve calmed down now and still dont feel that we deserved that nerf. Probably because I dont roam or spvp, so I didnt get to see those sides of the game. So I thought i’d just share the side of the game that I see.

A Worried Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

If Warriors need Rampage to be effective, the problem isn’t Rampage.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

A Worried Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

I agree with Majik. Having an overused OP skill conceals the underlying problems that still need to be addressed.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

A Worried Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Koolaid.9152

Koolaid.9152

Wait what happened to Rampage?

A Worried Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Wait what happened to Rampage?

Rampage: Lowered the duration from 20 seconds to 15 seconds. Increased the recharge from 150 seconds to 180 seconds.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-July-28-2015/first#post5327591

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

A Worried Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Brawl.5178

Brawl.5178

rampage would be more fun if they only had auto attack and the charge for damage, and the other 3 skills were still CC but didnt have the damage. Maybe the leap skill applies immobilize instead of knock down with greatly reduced damage for example. While rampage is great fun as a control weapon it doesnt need as much damage as it has right now. But hey thats just me and i dont use it so maybe my points are not valid lol.

I are a warrioh